What if an old character returns with a new weapon?

artard4321

[12] Conqueror
If an old character returns with a new weapon, would you be opposed to it?

I was thinking that Namco can bring back Li Long for SoulCalibur VI but with a bladed three-section staff instead. It could be similar to his old set of moves but slightly slower and with a longer range. He was kind of using one already in the censored version of Soul Blade anyway (although not really a true three-section staff).

Maybe even bring back Charade but with Necrid's moveset instead of being a mimic.

What do you guys think?

Really, it depends who it is, if we're losing a character with a really unique style/weapon, such as voldo, or cervantes (i'm looking at you pistol gun and Flying spinny thing i forget the name of), i'll be devastated. If it adds to a character, and adds a new and unique weapon, i'll be either happy, or neutral, so long as I don't lose a Taki-style. Then I'll cry.

I like how Aeon went from sword/shield clone to double axes (hope he keeps that style). So if it means making a similar character more unique, I'm all for it.

The only copycat character I ever thought worked was Sherade. I think it'd be cool if they brought back the other copycats but gave them original movesets.

Imagine if Edge Master was canonicaly still the master of every weapon, but he prefered using dual hook swords.

What if Olcadan returned but he uses Talons & Claws. The Talons half of the moveset would be similar the Grieve edge style in SC3. Think of how in Bayonetta you could have claws on both your hands and feet.

Okay these thoughts I've had for years that I would only be okay with.

Charade: Entire body is a weapon, his fragmented parts can mold themselves into different shapes giving a completely unique fighting style that's highly creative.

Edge Master & Olcadan: Give them ten unique weapon moveset each to them (so twenty in total). These movesets can then be applied to character creator individually representing your custom character has come from the school of either Edge Master or Olcadan.

Never been a fan of mimic characters with Mokujin only just being the exception.

As for Li Long I liked the direction he was going in with double nunchuks in Soul Calibur 3 plus it will make him standout from Maxi.

I wouldn't mind it, but it's unlikely, they want to please most fans and there are limited spots for playable characters, so I'm not expecting it to happen like it did for Li Long in 3 and Lizardman in V, however, I will admit that I'm loving the idea of a 3 section staff, it can work similarly to how Yusaku from Last Bronx did, he was the best character in that game.

As long as it's a new weapon so that there are no duplicates I'm fine. Would be silly to change an already unique character.

Depending on the character and what they were given to replace their old weapon/style, I'd see no reason to take much issue with it. As long as balance is maintained or eventually reached, then more new, unique, and interesting styles are always welcome additions.

I can see characters which were clones and semi clones adopting new playstyles and weapons with no problem. Lizardman was a great example.

Please for the love of god no. 5th was bad enough with three random weapons characters, and of all characters to choose to randomize why would you choose one with a unique style instead of one of the clones?
In fairness, Kilik was "replaced" by Xiba, so his style wasn't "unique" anymore. And Kilik had history with Edge Master, so it made somewhat a semblance of sense. But in that Zasalamel and Talim were supposed to be included as characters and weren't, Kilik probably was going to be in with his original style, but they improvised. I still think that the male mimic was supposed to be Inferno to counterbalance Elysium being the female mimic.

Meanwhile, Talim being a mimic makes less than zero sense and has no probable cause to believe it should ever be possible.

Let's hope Talim returns as a random-weapons character
tumblr_m6s4zmxrjY1rvs77ao1_400.gif

Li Long with the three parts nunchuk would be hella sick. It has a name forgot it lol
Sansetsukon, or Sanjiegun in Chinese.

-Natsu with a Kunai and Katana set
-Li Long with Sanjiegun

I can't think of any others at the moment.

I always thought the 3 section staff was pure fantasy due to UK censorship of nunchucks back in the day. The fighting style is quite impressive in action though I would want it for a completely unique character as I really like Li Long's double nunchuck direction he was going in with SC3AE.

You know, if the rumors were true it would have been interesting to see Cassandra using that other moveset in 5, but I hope if she returns in 6 she retains her classic moveset instead of becoming Darth Cassandra. :P

Back