What if an old character returns with a new weapon?

Let me fix that for both of you.

1) Necrid
2) Li Long
3) Charade

Or if you want characters that have been in more than one game then it's

1) Li Long
2) Aeon
3 Hwang

Also Yun-seong is far more boring and uninteresting than Hwang.
How so? His fighting style is infinitely more fun with all the acrobatics and with the crane stance shenanigans.

Also don't understand the hate for lizardman, he's got one of the most unique styles in a fighting game and he fills a rather important niche with his animalistic style.

I actually want to see him get his Xi Sword back, and fight like Patroklos with lizardisms added.

Also Yun-seong is far more boring and uninteresting than Hwang. He just has more exposure because of how huge SoulCalibur II was compared to the first two games.
Beware.Now he will say that your opinion is wrong.I still can't understand why most of the people here are so unpleasant...

I much prefer more serious styles than silly styles, which is why Hwang is far more appealing to me than Yun-seong. Hwang has better throws and technical moves, though he didn't fully come into his own until SoulCalibur III, especially Arcade Edition. It's unfortunate that he existed as a Mitsurugi clone and then as a Xianghua clone, but his story possibilities with Seong Mi-na are also better than how Yun-seong ended up being, where he was paired off with Talim instead. Yun-seong's stances are fine for him and I understand why he has some appeals, but it's far too wild for my tastes.

I think Aeon is kind of cool in his newest form, so it'd be nice to see him fight like pat.
I much prefer more serious styles than silly styles, which is why Hwang is far more appealing to me than Yun-seong. Hwang has better throws and technical moves, though he didn't fully come into his own until SoulCalibur III, especially Arcade Edition. It's unfortunate that he existed as a Mitsurugi clone and then as a Xianghua clone, but his story possibilities with Seong Mi-na are also better than how Yun-seong ended up being, where he was paired off with Talim instead. Yun-seong's stances are fine for him and I understand why he has some appeals, but it's far too wild for my tastes.
Yeah, i personally dislike silly styles for the most part. That's why i can never use Yoshi CaS's. oshi himself is amusing though

I'd love to see a further expansion on Aeon's overall movelist, especially since it felt bizarrely incomplete in V.

The main thing I noticed about Aeon in SCV was the fact that a large bit of his new dual-axe moveset borrowed from Kratos's moveset from Broken Destiny. I'd love to see a further expansion on this and throw in some of the crazy shit Spawn did back in SCII, especially since Spawn looked and felt monstrously fast and aggressive when he played. That'd work perfectly for a lizard-man.

* Spawns old levitation stance would fit well with Aeon's wings (he did have a wing stance in V, but again, horrendously incomplete)
* Spawns fireballs can be done with Aeon's flame breath
* Remember that crazy breakdance sweep Spawn did? Now throw in a tail in the mix and you could have yourself a hell of a low sweep attack.

Also bring back his crawling stance. Yes, Voldo has some of that going on, but Aeon could bring a whole new animalistic edge to it. Hell, some of his most brutal attack throws and maybe that crazy breakdance sweep could be done out of this stance.

he fills a rather important niche with his animalistic style.
Just say furry.

On the main topic, I think any gives character who comes back with a new style, I feel like it is a good way to flash out older character that were just kinda dropped. However, Ling Long and Hwang were kinda brought back in SCIII with proper styles, per say, but didn't seem to pick interest of new players.

However, Ling Long and Hwang were kinda brought back in SCIII with proper styles, per say, but didn't seem to pick interest of new players.
I feel like maybe they would have fared better if they were the completed styles as seen in Arcade Edition, but then again I guess Amy was popular enough either way, so maybe not. I was glad to see them back, as a long time fan, but I really wanted to play their more polished movesets. Though they were still fun either way.

Just say furry.
but lizards don't have fur

straight7.png

I feel like maybe they would have fared better if they were the completed styles as seen in Arcade Edition, but then again I guess Amy was popular enough either way, so maybe not. I was glad to see them back, as a long time fan, but I really wanted to play their more polished movesets. Though they were still fun either way.
Amy, in a sense, fulfills the gothic lolita archetype that was/is common in fighting games, I'm pretty sure Amy was left as a aesthetic addition above all else, the fact she was a pretty solid character in IV propelled her popularity up.

Amy, in a sense, fulfills the gothic lolita archetype that was/is common in fighting games, I'm pretty sure Amy was left as a aesthetic addition above all else, the fact she was a pretty solid character in IV propelled her popularity up.
I thought it was the other way around, that Amy was only included in SoulCalibur IV because of her popularity from SoulCalibur III. But they took it a bit far and made her outclass Raphael in just about every way, which was crazy. But the goth loli aesthetic is a valid point, either way.

Back on Hwang, though, I'd be sad if they just slapped Yun-seong's moveset on him instead of using his Arcade Edition moveset as a base, should they decide to bring Hwang back and give him a second chance at life. Li Long seems less likely, but having him be the dual nunchaku guy would be fine, again pulling from his Arcade Edition moveset. I could see them both as DLC characters, though. Amy could/should be DLC too, to let Raphael shine.

I liked Amy because her style flowed in a way that felt natural and fun. Of all the styles hers felt most comfortable to me. Whereas Raphael always felt weird and clunky in odd ways to me. I also preferred her cause she was a girl, but it was the way the style felt that mattered most. Is why well I like Viola, and she fulfills a similar aesthetic (which means little to me) she will never work as a replacement for Amy. Simply Amy's style itself had too much going for it. It was a fast medium length sword style. Unlike other speedy styles it didn't include crazy rolls, jumps and leaps. I enjoyed that, it was a fast duelist style.

Raphael simply didn't do it for me, it feels completely different.

I was thinking that Mitsurugi might also need a new rival after watching this clip.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqrvhi
Maybe Li Long using a three-section staff could fit the role of Mitsurugi's rival. Afterall, Li Long once defeated Mitsurugi according to his Wikipedia page. I'm sure Mitsurugi would like a rematch.
Mitsu-lilong.jpg

Back