What kind of characters would you like to see in future SC games?

Do you want to see Ashlotte in Soul Calibur six?

• Yes

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • No

Votes: 36 55.4%

• Total voters
It's not that there's no magic, it's either limited or the fighting style doesn't fully revolve around it. It always existed there's no denying that.

And i don't see how double blade is magical.

Anyways, going by that logic, the character I purpose would primarily revolve around the six-arm fighting style with some magic and not revolve around the magical elements.

I would rather see a more grounded character with actual weapons. There are weapons out there like twin daggers, hook swords, three section staff, flail and shield, war fan, warhammer, shamshir, gauntlets, etc. that would be much better than a floating orb, spirit wolf, over the top magical weapons.

I don't mind magical weapons if its subtle and still feels like a weapon. I can tolerate Nightmare's Sou Edge, Ivy's sword. Viola's flying orb and Z.W.E.I.'s spirit wolf is just too nonsensical.

I would really like a gauntlet user ( in my heart, this is Rock •_•). More like fighter gauntlets than crush the ground gauntlets lol. Maybe a mix of the two?

A Zulu with their trademark short spear and shield, an Aztec with a macahuitl, an ancient Egyptian with a Khopesh -- that's about all I can think of at the moment.

it’s a popular idea that the 4th slot of dlc is a newcomer. Therefore I truly hope we get the venerated lesbian barbarian, as vergeben said they were working on her. His source also said Jacker would be a playable character, who uses his lips to kiss his opponents to death
Look @Dissidia if the Dark-skinned, Barbarian Lesbian ever happens she better look like this if not I'm returning my copy of Soul Calibur VI:
Danganronpa_1_Fullbody_Profile_Sakura_Ogami.png

No one likes Ashlotte?

Oh well but i only like Shura so i want her to be back for future SC6's DLC character or playable character for SC7 like Skarklet in MK11!

I don't not like Ashlotte, she's just not my first choice. Kamikirimusi first, then Ashlotte, then Shura, then Angol Fear, and Scheherazade last.

I would rather see a more grounded character with actual weapons. There are weapons out there like twin daggers, hook swords, three section staff, flail and shield, war fan, warhammer, shamshir, gauntlets, etc. that would be much better than a floating orb, spirit wolf, over the top magical weapons.

I don't mind magical weapons if its subtle and still feels like a weapon. I can tolerate Nightmare's Sou Edge, Ivy's sword. Viola's flying orb and Z.W.E.I.'s spirit wolf is just too nonsensical.

I think you nailed it.

The Soulcalibur franchise can be improved with new characters based on realistic fighting styles that use:

• Blunt Weapons
  • Edged Weapons
  • Pointed Weapons

The weapon at hand should shape the core moveset, with realistic human motion capture portraying how to inflict damage.

Magic, if ever, should only be used to enhance the damage output of a very unique move, not the actual moveset.

I imagined a plague doctor fighter who drugs their opponent during battle.

They can wield darts containing fluids that induce negative status ailments, such as:
  • Poison
  • Sleep
  • Paralysis
Oh, you are hit with a sleep dart when your health is at critical levels, it is an instant K.O.!

Count me in as a complete adherent to this approach as well. I appreciate that from its inception, the movesets of Soucalibur have been a combination of grounded movements roughly approximating traditional forms on the one hand audacious fantasy on the other. But the balance that has been struck between those two extremes during the franchise's second half has been extremely poor: not only are most truly new styles based in some sort of silly anime magic, the few new non-magical styles are often absurd abstractions as opposed to real historical weapons. The thing is, even if they wanted something truly different from the predictable norm, there are plenty of great niche historical weapons that can provide some flash in terms of deviating from the historical archetypes of what people are mostly familiar with, and allow for unique movesets: why not a meteor hammer, or pata, or kama? Hell, I'd love to see Bangoo wielding a kind of "barbarian" take on a bec-de-corbin. Personally though, I think the most glaringly obvious omission at present in the roster is the lack of a western saber style.

And actually, I'm really rather fond of Viola's style: there's definitely something slick and unique about it: like Ivy's whip-blade, I think its an example of where the experimentation with wilder concepts actually worked out quite well. But as for the guys who pull magic anime energy weapons out of thin air (Algol, Azwel, Necrid) and the characters who wield absurd weapons gripped in a way that makes no physical sense (Tira, Zwei, Groh), we clearly have enough of both to last en perpetuum. Time to return for a while to the trough of real world cultures, weapons, and fighting systems for inspiration.

Meanwhile, character designs paired with the goofy anime moveset are similarly off-the-rails silly and inappropriate to the period aesthetics that once defined the series (which were never perfect and always anachronistic in the detail, but at least looked vaguely as if they belonged more in the 16th century rather than a My Chemical Romance concert...). They stopped sourcing real-world cultures of the era and instead started giving us these freakin black leather-clad, dyed-hair emos for....reasons? And even if you admit that the approach to the designs of some of "traditional" characters were a little liberal in themselves where the details were concerned, they were at least remotely rooted in reality when compared against the anime-stylized goths we get now.

Now, all of the above is just in consideration of in-house characters. When it comes to guests, I think the choices should be wide open to anything that might reasonably be made to mesh well with the Soulcalibur gameplay. And for all of my nitpicking about the direction of the franchise over recent entries, one thing Project Soul has always delivered on with style and polish is the selection and adaption of guest characters: it's a real feather in their cap as far as I am concerned. I'd love to see Kazuya to round out the Mishimas as the guest brawlers from Tekken. If the licensing could ever be agreed to, there are also numerous other guests from fighters that I think would fit well in a Soulcalibur game: Ryu Hyabasu, Kasumi, or Momiji from the Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden franchises; Scorpion or Kitana from Mortal Kombat; an Injustice-inspired Wonder Woman.

If a sequel for the recent God of War quasi-reboot were in the works, I think the re-imagined Kratos would be be a killer addition to be added for cross-promotion, though of course its dubious Sony would ever allow him to appear in a multi-platform game. I always thought that Noctis being added to Tekken was a little bit short-sighted on Namco's part, when he was clearly better suited to Soulcalibur, but I'd love to see the company embrace the juxtaposition and throw Tifa (superficially probably better suited to Tekken) into Soulcalibur; I think it makes some sense with the timing of the first segment of the Final Fantasy VII remake-- I don't think Cloud is super well suited to Soucalibur, however much he may be the character people always promote by default as a possible guest.

There's a large number of characters that I think were major missed opportunities for guests in the past, but whose viable time has now long since passed: Corvo, Daud, and Emily from Dishonored; Monkey from Enslaved; the Dragonborn and the Breton from Elder Scrolls; Alucard and Gabriel from Castlevania: Lords of Shadow; the titular character of Sekiro. I mention them now only as examples of the sorts of characters/franchises that could provide for reasonably good Soulcalibur designs, much as Tekken, The Legend of Zelda, Spawn, Star Wars, Assassin's Creed, The Witcher, Nier, and Samurai Shodown have done.

Last edited:
Count me in as a complete adherent to this approach as well. I appreciate that from its inception, the movesets of Soucalibur have been a combination of grounded movements roughly approximating traditional forms on the one hand audacious fantasy on the other. But the balance that has been struck between those two extremes during the franchise's second half has been extremely poor: not only are most truly new styles based in some sort of silly anime magic, the few new non-magical styles are often absurd abstractions as opposed to real historical weapons. The thing is, even if they wanted something truly different from the predictable norm, there are plenty of great niche historical weapons that can provide some flash in terms of deviating from the historical norms of what people are mostly familiar with, and allow for unique movesets: why not a meteor hammer, or pata, or kama? Hell, I'd love to see Bangoo wielding a kind of "barbarian" take on a bec-de-corbin. Personally though, I think the most glaringly obvious omission at present in the roster is the lack of a western saber style.

And actually, I'm really rather fond of Viola's style: there's definitely something slick and unique about it: like Ivy's whip-blade, I think its an example of where the experimentation with wilder concepts actually worked out quite well. But as for the guys who pull magic anime energy weapons out of thin air (Algol, Azwel, Necrid) and the characters who wield absurd weapons gripped in a way that makes no physical sense (Tira, Zwei, Groh), we clearly have enough of both to last en perpetuum. Time to return for a while to the trough of real world cultures, weapons, and fighting systems for inspiration for a while.

Meanwhile, character designs paired with the goofy anime moveset are similarly off-the-rails silly and inappropriate to the period aesthetics that once defined the series (which were never perfect and always anachronistic in the detail, but at least looked vaguely as if they belonged more in the 16th century rather than a My Chemical Romance concert... They stopped sourcing real-world cultures of the era and instead started giving us these freakin black leather-clad, dyed-hair emos for....reasons? And even if you admit that the approach to the designs of some of "traditional" characters were a little liberal in themselves where the details were concerned, they were at least remotely rooted in reality when compared against the anime-stylized goths we get now.

Now, all of the above is just in consideration of in-house characters. When it comes to guests, I think the choices should be wide open to anything that might reasonably be made to mesh well with the Soulcalibur gameplay. And for all of my nitpicking about the direction of the franchise over recent entries, one thing Project Soul has always delivered on with style and polish is the selection and adaption of guest characters: it's a real feather in their cap as far as I am concerned. I'd love to see Kazuya to round out the Mishima's as the guest brawlers from Tekken. If the licensing could ever be agreed to, there are also numerous other guests from fighters that I think would fit well in a Soulcalibur game: Ryu Hyabasu, Kasumi, or Momiji from Dead or Alive/Ninja Gaiden franchises; Scorpion or Kitana from Mortal Kombat; an Injustice-inspired Wonder Woman.

If a sequel were to be planned for the recent God of War quasi-reboot were in the works, I think the re-imagined Kratos would be be a killer addition to be added for cross-promotion, though of course its dubious Sony would ever allow him to appear in a multi-platform game. I always thought that Noctis being added to Tekken was a little bit short-sighted on Namco's part, when he was clearly better suited to Soulcalibur, but I'd love to see the company embrace the juxtaposition and throw Tifa (superficially probably better suited to Tekken) into Soulcalibur; I think it makes some sense with the timing of the first segment of the Final Fantasy VII remake-- I don't think Cloud is super well suited to Soucalibur, however much he may be the character people always promote by default as a possible guest.

There's a large number of characters that I think were major missed opportunities for guests in the past, but whose viable time has now long since passed: Corvo, Daud, and Emily from Dishonored; Monkey from Enslaved; the Dragonborn and the Breton from Elder Scrolls; Alucard and Gabriel from Castlevania: Lords of Shadow; the titular character of Sekiro. I mention them now only as examples of the sorts of characters/franchises that could provide for reasonably good Soulcalibur designs, much as Tekken, The Legend of Zelda, Spawn, Star Wars, Assassin's Creed, The Witcher, Nier, and Samurai Shodown have done.

Absolute hit on a nail. I mean - there's nothing new for me because I was agreeing on that for a long time but I think that this description of the argument you've made was best so far
I would add that giving us Bangoo would be a great choice. I always imagined him using tomahawks or gun stock club, even tho the latter is quite later invention but I doubt that it would be a stretch compared to some other stuff we have.
Will also applaud the sabre fighter - it was sitting in my head for quite some time. Wouldn't have to be western - the character could be from middle east (no representative) or from india (no representative) tho I would love to have some kind of Wołodyjowski dude from middle-east europe (no bias of course, I just like moustaches)

The issue unfortunately is that those weapons may be simply put - not "fancy" enough compared to some other flashy and magical and explosive stuff they were pushing in lately. It could be done but I suspect that the tendency is here to stay and so they will aim for some more over the top stuff

Back