add:
while-landing moves
Hwang
Li-long
more bubble characters
more charge characters
more customization equipment, past equipment would be nice
weapon editor
unique stages, instead of thirty almost identically-shaped stages, add interesting stuff like all low fences, or an infinite stage with no walls or edges

remove:
Ivy's clothes

I've ranted about this for a while and my list is fairly endless but I'll try to be brief.

No.1~ Make a single player like SC Legends or SC3's Chronicles of the Sword (But upgraded of course)

No.2~ Allow VS. battles with the switch feature that you can ONLY use in the Tower of Souls (DUH!)

No.3~ Make the switch button Select or L3/R3, because you NEVER use it.

No.4~ Fix the 'Phantom Strike' glitch> where your weapon goes through the other character but never lands.

No. 5~ Make the points on the armor compete with each other a little more for special mode.

No. 5.5~ Not allow health and soul gauge health changing for special VS.

No.6~ Import more armor from SC3 and allow use of cast 1P costume pieces.

No.7~ Allow players to create their own armor and submit the creations to the creators to add them like they did with the throw back helmets and the halloween/christmas stuff.

No.8~ Give color options on weapons

No.9~ Have a separate section for things like belts and facial hair, rather than having them attached to pants and faces.

No.10~ Have CHARADE or OLCADAN return WTF!

No.11~ Have the EdgeMaster CPU take notes from the best of online users of that character and implement their combos.

Remove: Yoda.

Why couldn't they use Obi-Wan or Luke instead? They are of average height... and battled vader... meh.

Add:
A guy with a giant curly moustache.

I realize some of these have already been mentioned, but perhaps if the same ideas are repeatedly addressed, the point might come across a bit stronger...

This list is more ADD than remove.
-team battle
-tag battle (in vs.. Still confused why the time was only spent on the tower)
-a random character (Charade or Olcadan)
-some past characters, reworked and brought back (Hwang, Li Long, Arthur, Inferno...)
-More character styles! (see some of the past threads for some decent ideas for new styles and
characters)
-more unique stages (as said in this thread, DOA has got alot to learn from, in that respect -interaction,
multi-tier)
-return of wall moves, but make them more worth doing (it adds a creative addition to options while
fighting)
-rework the armor system (it was a good idea, but shattering cloth, and fighting in your underwear is a tad
ridiculous)
-a stable storyline (what happened to Night Terror? And don't compare IV's intro to II or III's...)
-more DLC! (Or don't make such a big deal about being able to do it, if it's rarely going to be done)
-Far more options in create a soul:
*as mentioned, seperate things like belts and facial hair
*more "detail choices" such as scars, tattoos, jewelry
*more inhuman choices, different ears, horns, tails, wings, claws, the corruption of Soul Edge embodied
in human hosts
*ability to really make a character's skin and armor a particular color, not just a shade of it -including
black and white
*better worked out animations with CaS -smaller characters only able to grab as far as they can reach
(I have a few ideas on how to work that out)

I know that there are those who do not care about or even use created characters. But there are a whole lot that do, and variety, and being able to make the character in their mind is a longed for ability. The fact that you can make your own character makes it far easier to arouse interest in the general public to play a game. And I know there are some of you out there who will say "not so pleasant" remarks about people who are drawn to this trait of the game, but remember, not everyone finds interest in the same things you do. There are more than enough players (and potential players) interested in creating their own character to warrant putting alot more into the mode.

*The idea of a weapon editor is interesting, but somewhat difficult to do (other than simple color change). If it were to be pursued, balance would be the first concern. Perhaps options such as sacrificing blocking defense and/or offensive power for added range? Intriquing as the concept may be, it may be best left for a much later installment...

*Guest characters are also a mixed bag. While Spawn and Link were memerable characters in SCII, the Star Wars characters seem a little out of place. And there is no Star Wars CaS option. While it was a noble attempt, and it captured the interest of SW "nerds" (no offense) who may not have started playing SC otherwise (if they were wise, Namco would negotiate a SW exclusive game), I think that, if the need is felt for guest characters, the choice is made for characters more appropriate for the current story -as financially sound as SW choice for SCIV might have been.

1) reliable and periodic patching (balance n bug fixes)

2)I'd actually like to see SC4 with characters with different HP

3)If that's not possible..how about characters with varying soul gauges.

4)Combo/oki/ringouts vulnerability differences between characters, (combos only against big characters/Ring outs against small characters only/hits grounded only right-hand leading characters...) etc. This is IN the game, but it doesn't feel intentional.

The game feels like almost all the diversity is in the offensive, whereas defensive your characters are almost all the same... but then again less differences = higher chance of balance...while introducing newer variables can give more unbalance.

*remove all guests and bonus characters, or at least include guests who'd be more relevant to the SC universe. (i.e. Ryu Hayabusa, Dante, Nariko etc..)

*include the option to turn OFF Strip Calibur..

*speed up gameplay just a tad

*bring back individual stages for each character

*add a bad-ass claw character who fights like a ninja and not an overtly sexual creature from your worse S and M nightmare. (not hating on Voldo, I just want a more classic claw man- or woman- in addition to our resident weirdo.)

Remove X's voice.

Theres nothing wrong with her voice. OR Tira's

at the risk of sounding fruity, im gonna ask namco for a make up editor.
I'm going agree with you on that one.

One of the ideas with online play is that it allows the game to always change. I am deeply disapointed in the lack of attention that has been given to SC4 in the way of customization.

Also...I cant stand the # ranks. Theres no real incentive to rank up online. And each of your characters should have thier own rank as well as thier own win loss ratio.

And Star Wars......its not so much the fact that they used em but rather that they used three. I would have given a pass on Vader and Yoda or Starkiller. But not all freakin three.

The game as far as online goes has gotten stale. Its time to give it a makeover.

I forgot to mention: remove Tira's health loss!! She does NOT have the damage output or tools to justify that feature. No one should be losing health because they decided to hula-hoop with a bladed ring!!

*The idea of a weapon editor is interesting, but somewhat difficult to do (other than simple color change). If it were to be pursued, balance would be the first concern. Perhaps options such as sacrificing blocking defense and/or offensive power for added range? Intriquing as the concept may be, it may be best left for a much later installment...
Allow me to explain the idea in more detail;

With the weapon editor, you choose a character, which you can then select one of that character's existing weapons as a template, or design a new weapon for the character based on his/her weapon style. In the Weapon Editor screen, you can modify the weapon's appearance, including (among other things);
- The size of the weapon (you can make it larger or smaller; making the weapon larger could aid the use of Guard Impacts and Justs, but may slow the character down in terms of offense)
- The design of the blade, handle etc. (this may influence the overall attack power of the weapon)
- The weight of the weapon (may affect how much damage can be inflicted and attack speeds; making the weapon lighter can allow the character to move and strike faster but inflict less damage, while making the weapon heavier would mean the character may not attack or move around as fast but can inflict more damage)
- The length of the blade, handle, pole etc. (making the weapon longer may help attack opponents from further away, but could make the character vulnerable to counters and Guard Impacts)
- The colour or pattern that the weapon has

Once you are happy with the design of the weapon, you can then set the stats of the weapon. The default stats for new weapons are;
Attack: 100 (max limit 250)
Defence: 50 (max limit 200)
HP: 30 (max limit 100)
Power: 0 (max limit 100)
Impact: 0 (max limit 100)
Boost: 0 (max limit 100)
Guage: 0 (max limit 100)
Special: 0 (max limit 100)
You have a certain amount of points with which you can spend on increasing stats. Increasing a stat by 5 costs 1 point, while you gain back 1 point by decreasing a stat by 5. Initially, you have 25 points to spend on stats or abilities, but you can increase the number of points you can spend by clearing Story mode with a character, clearing Tower of Souls, obtaining Honours and other milestones. Once you are happy with the stats, you may choose to spend any remaining points on purchasing a native ability; the costs of each ability depend on effect grade (grade C would cost less than grade A) and how powerful the ability is in general. So Nullify Ring Out would probably cost more than, for example, Quick Feet to purchase and apply to the weapon. Once you are happy with your design, you can then store your design, which will become available as you play normally. Each character would have up to four slots with which to design and save your creations for use in normal play.

I hope I have explained this idea the best I can, and that you get the gist of how the weapon editor would work.

add all the extra characters from sc3 and that dragon quest mode thing. Allow online co-op for the dragon quest thing and add bleach characters O_o. Also better stories

remove the tower of lost souls+yoda

Allow me to explain the weapon editor idea in more detail...
That is a good start to a decent system. Kind of what I had in mind when you first mentioned it, though you have thought it out in far more detail. And while I would enjoy, and undoubtably utilize this feature, as badass99 commented, most people probably wouldn't. And while I think the ratio that would may suprisingly be higher than 20%, it still may not be enough for Namco to invest the effort needed to create such a mode. Unfortunate for those who would love such an option.
-Also consider, whether you find the idea appealing or appalling, a faster Taki, a stronger Astaroth, a Hilde with more range...
-Or adversely, a Taki with range, a fast Astaroth...

All I can ask for is DECENT online play.
Seems simple enough, but SC's quality will never compete with online FPS'.

It makes me upset.

Remove Ring Outs in general. Rather than instantly killing the person when you knock them into a pool of water, you'd fly into a new area. Like DOA. :3

All I can ask for is DECENT online play.
Seems simple enough, but SC's quality will never compete with online FPS'.

It makes me upset.

Online play is good enough, just make sure you dont get in a room with 3's and 2's

well anyway

add: a mimic character (why would u remove them in the first place?)
and team battle mode (online and off)
the idea of a level with no ringouts or walls sounded interesting

remove: random whiffing bullshit
ummm thas it

Back