What's good with Tira? (General Discussion Thread)

So would it work if you do WR B NH if they stay on the ground into a 1aB or 2A+B? That would seem like a nasty setup.

Yes that would work. But keep in mind that a normal or back tech will make the throw attempt whiff.
Near the edge/wall its use is safer and more rewarding. Especially if they stand up teching left expecting A+G for a RO attempt you'll get your RO via B+G sidethrow.

On characters with bigger hitboxes 2A+B and 1aB after WS B become a techtrap for everything but left btw. so it's worth throwing this in sometimes imo.

Yes that would work. But keep in mind that a normal or back tech will make the throw attempt whiff.
Near the edge/wall its use is safer and more rewarding. Especially if they stand up teching left expecting A+G for a RO attempt you'll get your RO via B+G sidethrow.

On characters with bigger hitboxes 2A+B and 1aB after WS B become a techtrap for everything but left btw. so it's worth throwing this in sometimes imo.

If they tech into a 2A+B techtrap GS 22/88 launcher should catch all sides if buffered correctly. Just not sure if it works on a tech trap like that. Ill test it and post later if it catches all sides. I know i tested it without a techtrap and it caught all sides. Ill test it now.

Mikosu tested it already:

"GS 2A+B
--> 88B (catches all tech on Algol, Apprentice, Cass, Ivy, Kilik, Mi-Na, Raph, Sophi, Taki, Tira, X, Yun, Zas; doesn't catch right on others)"

9G ~ backthrow setup works after GS 2A+B too

Mikosu tested it already:

"GS 2A+B
--> 88B (catches all tech on Algol, Apprentice, Cass, Ivy, Kilik, Mi-Na, Raph, Sophi, Taki, Tira, X, Yun, Zas; doesn't catch right on others)"

9G ~ backthrow setup works after GS 2A+B too

Awsome, for some reason I got 22A to work on astaroth and ivy off of a NH 22/88B. I posted it on the tira combos thread. So if they do tech its some devastating damage.

I've seen some "rarely used move" topics around but don't want to open an entire new thread about it.

So I still don't use 11_77 A in my game even if it is invisible and safeish(for a low) and Tira has some some mixup potential on hit. But where to apply?! I use 88K a lot more because of the nice TC properties but eventually it is far too dangerous to rely on.

In which situations do you think 11_77 A is a useful option?

I've seen some "rarely used move" topics around but don't want to open an entire new thread about it.

So I still don't use 11_77 A in my game even if it is invisible and safeish(for a low) and Tira has some some mixup potential on hit. But where to apply?! I use 88K a lot more because of the nice TC properties but eventually it is far too dangerous to rely on.

In which situations do you think 11_77 A is a useful option?

Well there is an up and down side to this move. It does not give advantage on hit but starts off a pretty decent mix up off it. Some times I step off it to bait a whiff or block if I know the opponent knows the frames for that move. If he tries to attack off it with something slow your best option is to use 44k. In jolly its a bit more risky but it still works. Still doesn't answer your question though. After I force wake up and it is less common for them to stay on the ground i use it because the risk reward is pretty huge in my opinion. You can bait counter hits or whiffs. I guess it is pretty good to throw out there once in a while too. Lets have the opinion of other tira players or the random cervy player that posts here randomly from time to time. lol

Yep in combination of wake-up shenaningans it's the least risky variant. IMO against punishing chars like sophie or Setsuka 88K is still the better option because you'll be punished hard either way:-P

Honestly 11A is pretty crap in almost every way. Low damage, no range, slow, can be stepped, unsafe. Only thing going for it is being hard to read. The SG dmg is alright but I don't expect it to be blocked often. The disadv on hit I don't mind cuz it's always been like that. I wouldn't mind any of those properties if the move caused the hit animation it did back in SC3. It would lend itself better to the defensive mixups that way. Also KND on CH was sweet.

Well it's a gamble move once it hits and thus creates some pressure; which is something only a few of Tira's moves can afford. Tira has to gamble as well of course but that's nothing new.

Some examples:
-Just stand there and block in anticipation of unsafe interupts
-4B+K will beat all high retaliation (even Taki AA) and is slow enough to beat immediate GI
-any <i11 TJ activates early enough to escape 2A e.g. 6K, 1aB, 2A+B
-44K as frametrap
-On max-range backstep will escape most interrupts.
-GI/aGI

EDIT: @ Mikosu: I really wish they would have taken over 11A from SC3 ...as well as her stances...

So other than for RO her A throw has been thought of as kinda bad. This may not change much but it looks like she has A throw oki.

Some notable moves:

JS 2A+B - unrollable any way but back by some characters
JS 66AA - risky for obvious reason. if they tech any way but back it's a force block
JS 66B - if they tech any way but back this is a force block (try to buffer 33_99 for the dmg boost)
GS 2A+B - rollable and steppable but useful for positioning
BF 66A - if they tech this can be kind of surprising + adv on block and NH
BF 66K - a surprisingly good option. if they tech any way but back and try to attack or step this will CH or KND respectively. it also catches back roll. if they don't tech she ends up behind them. Use non-BF versions if you want to save HP and/or stay in front of them.

Sad thing is because she smacks them so far away it's all nullified by back tech. If they start doing that then you'll have to be creative. You're still at advantage.

Some risky stuff you've listed there but it seems that her A-Throw is one of the few occasions JS 2A+B seems to have a use.

I like the idea of GS BF 66A afterwards the most.

Personally in JS I use a lot A+G against Taki/Talim etc. just to keep distance.

omg fighting cassandra/sophitia is hard lol. It feels like everything I do will get punished if she blocks it :'(

Any help?
:EDIT:
I thought I should mention that when I'm playing against her in GS, I can put up a fight, but in JS... well I just get raped in about 9-10 seconds :P

Back