What's you favorite(s) fighting style in SC6?

Your favorite(s) fighting styles in Soul Calibur 6

• Total voters

Herr-Krieg

[11] Champion
Greetings, my fellow Soul Calibur fans, friends and comrades, ladies and gentleman, boys and girls :D! This is Herr-Krieg writing.

As a part of my plan on expanding my activity to the other sections of the forums ( https://8wayrun.com/threads/herr-kriegs-comission-art-collection.20900/ ), I decided to create this thread. Some reasons being; a chance of meeting new folks from the fighting aspect of the game, making friends as well as of course sharing my own enthusiasm for the fighting aspect of the game. So, without further adjå, lets get started :).

The title says it all. We all have our preferences and reasons for favoring one or couple of particular fighting styles for all kinds of reasons: the very first style we learned to use in the game, how it fits to our CASs, how elegant or brute its move set looks like, how easy it is to learn and use it and so on. So what's your personal favorite fighting style(s) in the latest installation of the series, Soul Calibur 6 and why exactly?

I hope you share your opinions about the subject and that we can get some nice and constructive conversations started :).

My personal favorite style is Zasalamel's. I don't really like it for any mechanical reasons I just always liked scythes as weapons regardless of how impractical they might be. I also like the magical and time element of his fighting style in SC6.

Another style I like is Mitsurugi's. The reason I like his is mostly because I used it for a CaS I liked to play a lot in SC5 though. It is a simple style as well and not that hard to learn.

In general I like styles that 'flow' nicely with the human form, i.e. weapons that you can see were designed after years and years of human trial and error.

Styles that DON'T follow this are aesthetically ugly IMO. For example, astaroth, groh, zas, any magic users, tira, voldo, etc. They also happen to be the most creative designs in soulcal history too but w/e..

Nightmare and Raphael for now.
I played Nightmare, Ivy and Taki in previous games, but in previous games I only stuck to single player modes, while with SC6 I regularly go on-line, so now I have to choose styles I'm personally most effective with as opposed to just playing favourite waifus ineffectively. Also I will most probably pick up more characters in the future.

I’ve always enjoyed more unorthodox characters in fighting games. And so as a result, I was able to settle into Voldo very easily. Why? He honestly just stood out to me the most in comparison to the rest of the cast. Plus people hate fighting this character, which means more salt from others to fill in my container.

My personal favorite style is Zasalamel's. I don't really like it for any mechanical reasons I just always liked scythes as weapons regardless of how impractical they might be. I also like the magical and time element of his fighting style in SC6.

Another style I like is Mitsurugi's. The reason I like his is mostly because I used it for a CaS I liked to play a lot in SC5 though. It is a simple style as well and not that hard to learn.

Hhm, I see your point with Zasalamel's style :). His style with the scythe has always had that certain dignity vibe in it, thanks to it's battle stance and use of magical and time element moves. Being kinda the only style utilizing scythe in such a way in the game, I understand why it's your favorite. Scythes just have that grimm reaper, unique and mean look on them compared to other weapon types.

Well, Mitsurugis style has always been kind of a bread and butter style which is somewhat easy to learn, balanced and just so well known throughout the franchise. My equivalent favorite style for using a lot in SC5 is Nightmare.

Taki, i really like Ninjas and speed, and two weapons are better than one.

Oh yes, the ever fast and ninja themed Taki style ;). One of the styles which has it's roots all the way in the very first installation of Soul Calibur franchise, it's one of my favorites as well. Every fighting game like this just has to have one clear ninja style and Taki delivers it in spades. It's just so maneuverable. flexible and acrobatic style that it's kinda hard not to like it. For me, getting it's combos right have however always been tricky, but it's nevertheless one of my favorite styles azwell.

In general I like styles that 'flow' nicely with the human form, i.e. weapons that you can see were designed after years and years of human trial and error.

Styles that DON'T follow this are aesthetically ugly IMO. For example, astaroth, groh, zas, any magic users, tira, voldo, etc. They also happen to be the most creative designs in soulcal history too but w/e..

So, kind of like historical weapons you mean? While I do appreciate seeing more exotic and unorthodox styles and weapons in the game, which have been kind of selling points for the game in some sense, I also appreciate styles that "fit" to human form and have real historical background behind them.

I agree aesthetically with styles like Astaroth and Voldo. While both styles have their fitting to some races and humans as well ( with the right theme and concept ) Astaroth just feels so unflexible and Voldo, while being incredible intrigueing and unorthodox style WISE, is a bit tricky style to fit to any human CAS or historical background. But with their unique look, especially Voldo's style, they always have their Place in SC franchise.

Nightmare and Raphael for now.
I played Nightmare, Ivy and Taki in previous games, but in previous games I only stuck to single player modes, while with SC6 I regularly go on-line, so now I have to choose styles I'm personally most effective with as opposed to just playing favourite waifus ineffectively. Also I will most probably pick up more characters in the future.

Most intrigueing, all of the styles you mentioned are kinda my favorites too ;). I too was mostly restricted to single players modes in SC4 and SC5 due to my poor internet connection console WISE and I mostly enjoyed playing with Ivy, Taki and Raphael styles, especially in SC4. Some reasons being Takis ninja theme and speed and Ivys unique dominatrix style as well as their, well, "unique" looks equipment WISE XD. Nightmare's style was kinda the only style that I learned to use somewhat well in SC5, perhaps one reason being it remaining rather similiar execution WISE from SC4.

I just don´t have the mentality ( nor good enough internet connection considering my consoles ) to play against others online, but I do have been enjoying greatly watching replays of other peoples battles, how different elements those battles have and how style choice can effect so significantly to battles and their outcomes in SC6. It's good to learn playing effectively with multiple styles for change and variety.

I’ve always enjoyed more unorthodox characters in fighting games. And so as a result, I was able to settle into Voldo very easily. Why? He honestly just stood out to me the most in comparison to the rest of the cast. Plus people hate fighting this character, which means more salt from others to fill in my container.

While classic styles like Mitsurugis samurai style, Takis ninja style and Kiliks rod styles are classics for a good reason, I also agree with you that I´m also intrigued about unorthodox characters with their unique styles and looks. That's one of the reasons Azwel was a character for me that stood out so well in SC6 and of course the good old familiar faces and their styles like Voldo at the lead of the bunch. From what I have seen while following online replay matches, Voldo, when used effectively and with skill, most certainly is a very tricky and problematic character and style to fight against, especially with more slower paced styles like Siegried, Nightmare, Astaroth etc. So I do get your point as to how easily it can potentially gather much salt from players fighting against it XD

Back