When/why did you decide to "git gud"?

Of course this would devolve into one of "those threads". I don't understand why everyone doesn't just have catman on the ignore list.

Snip of denial
Your friends lists are always full of beginner players to games who think you are a god at it. Having a full friends list means nothing, nor does the amount of subscribers you have. The fact that you still think this determines how many achievements you have done is quite sad.

If you truly did not care about what people post then why do you respond and attempt your hardest to prove them wrong? K.

my friends lists are always full and my very active social life? I'm sorry you deluded yourself into believing this small community counted as a popularity contest, time to log off the computer and go outside.
Take your own advice, seeing as though you have so many XBL achievements you must spend more time inside than outside.

I've been to about 6 anime convention tournaments, 3 Call of duty tournaments, and won 1 Halo tournament.
I don't even have to comment on this.

Let's not sugar coat it, you just didn't have the cash.
What is your excuse then?

Doesn't work that well. You'll see a thread get derailed, and then you'll notice the "show ignored content" link at the bottom, and you won't be able to resist clicking it just to see what hilariously retarded thing catguy said this time.

I speak from experience.
This is exactly what I just did, but if everyone ignored him then there would be no problem...

When/why did you decide to "git gud"?

Just happened. I never made an active effort to become competitive. Long Grange joined my SC4 room one day, noticed my like 1w 30L record and said "how u got a coo ass name like deafinmyeyes and u losin'," and taught me simple shit like how to go to training mode and learn the FUCKING MOVELIST.

Then Heavenly Bahaumut showed up in a room, and after hearing he was teh absolute best online NM, he taught me tech traps and shit.

Then I joined 8way after putting it off for months. Studied frame data, learned anti-strats, studied other player's styles, met people to play against, etc.

Then one day I found BelovedChild lived nearby, invited him over, discovered offline was just fucking fantastic compared to online, and then FL decided to start having gatherings that I attended. Then tournaments started happening, and I just got better and better.

I just kind of learned along the way without ever actually saying "I want to git gud," and wound up being competitive and going to tournaments.

Just happened. I never made an active effort to become competitive. Long Grange joined my SC4 room one day, noticed my like 1w 30L record and said "how u got a coo ass name like deafinmyeyes and u losin'," and taught me simple shit like how to go to training mode and learn the FUCKING MOVELIST.

Then Heavenly Bahaumut showed up in a room, and after hearing he was teh absolute best online NM, he taught me tech traps and shit.

Then I joined 8way after putting it off for months. Studied frame data, learned anti-strats, studied other player's styles, met people to play against, etc.

Then one day I found BelovedChild lived nearby, invited him over, discovered offline was just fucking fantastic compared to online, and then FL decided to start having gatherings that I attended. Then tournaments started happening, and I just got better and better.

I just kind of learned along the way without ever actually saying "I want to git gud," and wound up being competitive and going to tournaments.

I remember Long Grange. I still remember my simple Yoshi finally getting a win on his Nighty. I remember before it led up to that, I was always trashed by him. I wonder what happened to him?

And BelovedChild?! Man I'm getting nostalgia.

Hmm, about 10 months ago I started to get the flow of things and I thought to myself "Yeah I can see myself getting kind of decent at this" So I guess I started taking things a bit more seriously after that. I still have a lot of kinks to work out though =p

I guess this will suffice haha.

Your friends lists are always full of beginner players to games who think you are a god at it.

Wrong, I have a lot of decent to great SC players on my friends list. You wouldn't know since you don't even own an Xbox360.
Having a full friends list means nothing, nor does the amount of subscribers you have.

"Online accomplishments!" "You're unpopular!" "Growing enemies!"

I believe highlighting my virtual friends along with my virtual subscribers when told I have virtual haters makes total sense, right? Unless of course you're saying I should care more about a negative, nobody's opinion over 141 follower's positive opinions of me, all because you have to be good at SC to have an important opinion, right? LOL

What is your excuse then?

My excuse for not going to 8wayrun, SC tournaments is because I don't give a crap enough to care / go. I see people here who want to, but are too poor. Then they call me pathetic, seriously. Goodbye. =]

Fucking shut up holy shit. Take it to pm's or some shit.

The entire purpose of this thread was not just to share. It was that if, by chance, some new or discouraged player came across it they could see these accounts of other players and compare their own situations, and maybe the community would be better for it.

Instead, we have a bunch of bickering idiots. Awesome.

The entire purpose of this thread was not just to share. It was that if, by chance, some new or discouraged player came across it they could see these accounts of other players and compare their own situations, and maybe the community would be better for it.

Instead, we have a bunch of bickering idiots. Awesome.

Wait, didn't you +Like a post of Yoshi's that was 2 full paragraphs just talking shit about me? I got tagged into a topic I wasn't even in, or wouldn't have even seen otherwise?

Blame it on Yoshi.

Last edited:
On topic:

I got good when I decided I wanted to play games competitive to enjoy them more, and not boast about how it somehow increases my value to human society. =]

Back