Where does Lost Swords fit into the story?

Thaeonblade

[09] Warrior
Is it even canon? If so, then will it take place before, during or after SCV's story mode? Will it be it's own standalone tale or end up altering, enabling or downright retconning events in SCV's story mode?

I'm leaning towards an SCV story retcon due to the sheer appearance of Sophitia who hasn't aged a day since SCIV. Assuming that Lost Swords is even canon that is.

I´ve heard no story sign in the beta, so don´t be surprise if it has no story at all.

We will see the complete game in December, but I doubt it will have a canon story, Tekken Revolution doesn´t have it, to compare with something.

Well Sophitia has returned so I doubt it will have anything to do with the original Soulcalibur storyline.

With the SCV profiles being changed, I don't know what PS has in store for Soul franchise. If there is no story mode in Lost Swords, then hopefully each character will have an arcade ending.

With the SCV profiles being changed, I don't know what PS has in store for Soul franchise. If there is no story mode in Lost Swords, then hopefully each character will have an arcade ending.
There's no arcade...

If there is a story of some kind, I keep thinking this is going to explain what happened during SC4 and during those 17 years. Or perhaps that's what they'll do for SC6?

If there is a story of some kind, I keep thinking this is going to explain what happened during SC4 and during those 17 years. Or perhaps that's what they'll do for SC6?
I would think SCV: Lost Swords would be that case. I sure hope so, but then again, the change that they intended on doing for SCV would likely be....useless. Same way once Tekken 7 comes along after characters returned for a non-canon game.

The fact that both adult Pyrrha and Sophitia are in the game make me think that this is not canon.

Where it fit?

garbage_can_2_xlarge.jpeg

I will die from laughter if Sophitia's little cameo appearance in Warrors Orochi 3 ultimate becomes canon. Are we placing bets on this or what?

Canon, but nothing significant. She won't be in the next game.
I know Norik tried to explain this on the front page, but I'm still stuck on the fact that Lost swords supposedly covers the period of time between IV and V, yet Astaroth is in his Soulcalibur I/II costume. Especially when you consider that his form in IV was a canon transformation.

I don't think LS will have anything to do with the story seeing as we have Sophitia in it. Or she just won't appear in its Story Mode (If it will have one, haven't heard anything about that myself.)

Back