Question: Does Night Terror count?

Attachments

• 1434.jpg
    1434.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 314
  • 2615_2634_2.jpg
    2615_2634_2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 260
I'm not sure which one is my favorite. In terms of gameplay I'm siding with the SCV Nightmare, so fun to play :3

Chara design?
SC1 and SC2 are both waaay better than all other versions, SC3 a distant third and 4-V easily the ugliest ones
SC2/SC1>>>SC3>>>>>>>>>>SCV >SC4

As for 2p is
SC2/SC1>>>SCV>>>SC3>>>SC4

Okay the SC 3 Nightmare is unstable SC 4 Nightmare is whose both English and Japanese voice is so scary and SC 5 Nightmare is the frustrating thing that was human in disguise that is the father of Rachel from Final Fantasy 6 who hated Locke so much that he wants him to stay away from her so it's his fault that Rachel fell down head first and she lost her memory of even Locke began hating him and the father really was desprete to kill him if I did manage to finally created him witch is Locke. So that is why I vote SC 2 Nightmare due to the fact that it is my favorite character Siegfried and I know that there is still good left in Siegfried that Soul Edge hasn't driven all of it from him and I know and that is why.

Just curious, but why is SCV so distant from the rest? SCIV I can understand, but I don't think SCV's is nearly that bad. Personally I'd put it just above SCIII.

As chara design while kinda bad (due worse design, wierd colors, ugly new sword) SC3 Night still got knighty helmet design
As chara design SCV is almost better than it everywhere, but dat shitty herp derp gundam helm just kill everything.
Give it SC1/2/3 helmet and it was easy 3rd place :D

Okay the SC 3 Nightmare is unstable SC 4 Nightmare is whose both English and Japanese voice is so scary and SC 5 Nightmare is the frustrating thing that was human in disguise that is the father of Rachel from Final Fantasy 6 who hated Locke so much that he wants him to stay away from her so it's his fault that Rachel fell down head first and she lost her memory of even Locke began hating him and the father really was desprete to kill him if I did manage to finally created him witch is Locke. So that is why I vote SC 2 Nightmare due to the fact that it is my favorite character Siegfried and I know that there is still good left in Siegfried that Soul Edge hasn't driven all of it from him and I know and that is why.
This is the Internet in one paragraph.

On topic...

1P:
I like his design the best from SC3. The Soul Edge (Phantom) looked truly demonic as well as evil and his armor and Jade (his mutated arm) looked amazing. I like that his Jade has rows of teeth growing in it and his Soul Edge there looks undead and demonic as opposed to a living sword.
+ Undead look to go with SC3's story development
+ Jade arm wants to eat you as well as kill you
+ Favorite helmet in the series, horn-and-crest design looks even better than it did in SC1
- Not too many negatives, but I suppose SC4 proved that parts of his armor could look scarier if they try

SC1 kinda set the standard for what Nightmare is supposed to look like, especially regarding the mutated arm and the mutation looking like it is supernaturally melding with the metallic portions of his armor while still looking like it was an extension of his flesh. However, regarding flesh, remember that in SC3 and SC4 he doesn't technically have flesh, he is simply a pile of ghosts haunting Siegfried's old armor and didn't get a real body again until SC5.
+ Highly iconic design mimicked in sequals
+ For the first time, Soul Edge looks truly alive
+ Jade arm melds great with armor and skin
- Jade arm looks heavy, large and unbalanced, like it would affect how he moves and walks
- Armor looks very silver and undefined color for the "Azure" Knight, whereas sequels make it noticeably blue

SC2 not so much, because I think he doesn't look as good without the helmet horn-spike (lolbatwings instead).
+ Improved on areas of the armor that wasn't possible with SC1 graphics
+ Jade arm now looks balanced like he can move it around without falling over
+ Cool red hair
+ Regal
- Regal, but not as threatening-looking as other designs
- lolbatwings
- No helmet horn-spike (big deal for me)
+ Iconic design for his Soul Edge sword used in its continual traditional look
-+ Not his 1P design at all, but his 3P outfit is an unaltered Siegfried, so it's like you can play as either character using this fighting style. How cool is that?

SC5's was the most unoriginal, being a simple mix of SC1 and SC2, but at least a solidly simple design even if in brought very little new design to the table. The wings look better in SC5 than SC2 and over all having wings and a spike is better than just wings.
+ Solid simple design is a good throwback to older games
+ Helmet's horn-and-wings seems to work as well as horn-and-crest
+ Glowing-hot-looking horn returns, but looks well-done this time
+ Cool red hair returns
+ Jade arm has great-looking claw fingers
- Seems to rely on next-gen graphics to carry it rather than interesting design like in older games
- Could have reused some elements from SC4 (the ones that weren't dumb) to make an awesome chimera of all the Nightmares, but didn't. Final design seems bland compared to what we know they are capable of doing

SC4 for me was tastelessly over-the-top, with a black hole chest-mouth and drastic changes to Soul Edge's design that make it barely look like Soul Edge anymore, although the pauldrons and greaves look truly monstrous.
+ Monstrous shoulders
+ Monstrous leg armor
- Over-the-top design. Just because it's made in Japan doesn't mean it has to look like a wacky anime
+ Some over-the-top parts actually look great, though
- But mostly, no
- Red hair is now some kind of colored gas being emitted from the back of his helmet?
- Black hole chest-mouth wants to eat you as well as kill you
- Seriously, black hole chest. He looks like two halves being held together my magnets
- Glowing-hot-looking horn is interesting, but it looks weak in this game like it would break off in battle
- "New" Soul Edge design looks unorthodox, nearly unrecognizable as Soul Edge, and was quickly discarded in the next game

Soul Blade's "Siegfried!" looks great. The red demonic armor is awesome. In his origin, Nightmare was supposed to be an evil knight that rampages through towns in a blood-red suit of armor. Where did this "Azure Knight" business come from?
+ Cool original blood-red armor design that shows early signs of malfestation
- Is he holding Soul Edge? I don't know, graphics were crap back then

I'd do his 2P designs as well, but this 1P analysis turned out way longer than I thought, plus it's been a while and I'd need more reference material.

As far as gameplay, I like SCIV's Nightmare the best, although I'm not a big Nightmare player.

Last edited:
Back