Which of the "New" Characters from V Would You Like to Return?

Which Characters from Soul Calibur V would you like to see return? (Select up to 2)

• Patroklos

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • Pyrrha

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Natsu

Votes: 19 13.5%
  • ZWEI

Votes: 55 39.0%
  • Leixia

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Viola

Votes: 64 45.4%
  • Xiba

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • None

Votes: 30 21.3%

• Total voters
ZWEI or Viola (Hopefully ZWEI...) cos the others wouldn't even be born yet or too young to fight in 6, plus these two are original and not based on a legacy character

ZWEI or Viola (Hopefully ZWEI...) cos the others wouldn't even be born yet or too young to fight in 6, plus these two are original and not based on a legacy character
Soul Calibur takes place roughly 21 years before Soul Calibur V. Z.W.E.I.'s age is unknown, but he appears to be in his early 20's if not late teens. Unless he's immortal and does not age, he would have been a toddler during Soul Calibur.

Well, considering the roster is likely to be 20 from the recent clips showing, I am suspecting the only one who could make a comeback now is Viola, and even she has very low chances now.... which really sucks because of all the new characters, she actually fit and was interesting.

Soul Calibur takes place roughly 21 years before Soul Calibur V. Z.W.E.I.'s age is unknown, but he appears to be in his early 20's if not late teens. Unless he's immortal and does not age, he would have been a toddler during Soul Calibur.

Oh damn, I thought he was older than that lool :sc5zwe1: Well,

Did we all forget about the concept art of Natsu released a year ago?
natsupassionrepublic1-jpg.46655
It looks like she, at least, is making a comeback. The drawings look intriguing to me, to be honest. There is a backstory there and potential for a unique moveset... Maybe it's just my opinion.

Yeah we actually talked a bit but those Natsu Artworks.

Personally i think she looks great here in both right and left (not a fan of the middle one tho), but she may not come back, i think she turned into the Kilik rival based on the 2 swords that can be fused in 1 lol (As Verge already described him) , but who knows. But i'll definitely be very surprise if she'll make it in base roster, and even if she'll make it as DLC i'd say.

I just hope that devs won't choose her over characters Zasalamel, Setsuka, Yun seung, or other dope OG unique characters that didn't make it in V.

Viola & Zwei are imo the characters from from V that adds up to SC's gameplay series. If not the characters by timeline reboot, then at least their movelist/style placed in new characters to fit the reboot. Also, Zasalamel (or at least his style) must return.

Really hoping Zasalamel makes a return. he was a cool character, with a cool story and a cool weapon/style. (I know I already answered and Zas is not from V, but it would be really cool if they brought him back)

Considering that SCVI is seems to be a reboot of SCI, I don't think any of the new characters could reasonably show up as playable characters (unless Patroklos's time travel had unforeseen effects or non-canon DLC). Maybe Viola if they reveal that she's Amy, but I can't see it. I fully expect Elysium to be referenced somehow in SCVI, as its the closest thing to a "Nightmare" equivalent that the Soul Calibur has.

Honestly, my only real gripe with the new characters is that most of them were lesser replacements of established characters. I'd be fine with any of them returning if they were retooled to be more unique, which, considering SC's history with making new characters from the mold of old ones, I don't think there's anything to worry about in that aspect.

That said, I enjoyed Z.W.E.I. more than I thought I would and would be bummed if he wasn't in, even if his attire and wolf stand is a bit too modern-fantasy as a concept (for a non-boss, non-bonus character) for a Soucalibur game. But I think Z.W.E.I. could be easily redesigned to be more fitting with SC's aesthetic.

An alternate way you could take the Natsu concept art is that it could have been used to inspire the twinblade guy who we don't know his identity yet... and he could end up being Z.W.E.I.'s original identity. In that concept art, Natsu has a twinblade, two swords, and one sword with Arahabaki as a familiar. Who else do we know that uses one sword and a familiar? Really makes you think.

An alternate way you could take the Natsu concept art is that it could have been used to inspire the twinblade guy who we don't know his identity yet... and he could end up being Z.W.E.I.'s original identity. In that concept art, Natsu has a twinblade, two swords, and one sword with Arahabaki as a familiar. Who else do we know that uses one sword and a familiar? Really makes you think.
Unless Z.W.E.I. is an unaging immortal, he'd be a toddler, at best, during SCI's time. I'm not holding my breath for Z.W.E.I. Maybe we'll get whoever taught Z.W.E.I. how to fight or something, but not Z.W.E.I. himself bar a time travel plot (on top of a vision reboot plot) or an unaging immortal plot.

His age is stated as "unknown" in New Legends of Project Soul, so it could be well that when he nearly died and E.I.N. was awakened (in other words, when he became Z.W.E.I.), he did become unaging. In the SoulCalibur VI story, we may see his life before this event, and maybe the event itself will happen, and unlock his third style when we get to that point in the story, which will bring Z.W.E.I. back to the roster in a roundabout way.

None from Soul Calibur V, don't waste time on those, polish and make great again the gameplay with the original cast and only then ... Consider fixing the hollow souls of V as DLC.​

Naturally want to vote Viola/ZWEI because they were completely original styles, but I didn't find ZWEI all that appealing and Viola isn't really a SC character ;)

I'd really like Aeon to keep his current style though (naturally with some tweaks).

Viola and ZWEI seem the most logical, even if it's just their styles returning. I attempted to learn ZWEI for a bit before realizing just how low tier he actually was lol. They just need to make more of his moves usable and not so impossible to setup.

I feel like they may save Viola for DLC since she was a pretty popular style competitively. We already know certain characters are being withheld from the initial release thanks to the leaked roster info from the SCVI discussion thread, so to avoid touching too much of SCV's incoherent story I think Viola/her style will get to be in the first set of DLCs.

Back