Which SC is the Best?

Pyrrus

[14] Master
Hm this was just a thought in my head...
What Soul Calibur game do you think is the best?

For me it has to be Soul Calibur 2 :o
I loved the gameplay, the speed, the modes! It was an excellent, and I think PS should make the next installment more like SC2 :o ( even though SC5 is similar to it already)

Edit: Okay since Ive already read a few comments saying this....Instead of choosing the BEST SC pick your favorite or the one that stood out to you the most!

In terms of story, SB or SC1

In terms of balance and competitive longevity, SC2 or SC5 (Probably, time will tell)

In terms of single player content, artistic direction, and imagination and innovation, SC3

In terms of marketing faggotry to draw in people who don't even like SC who played it for a month before returning it to gamestop, SC4.

In terms of story, SB or SC1

In terms of balance and competitive longevity, SC2 or SC5 (Probably, time will tell)

In terms of single player content, artistic direction, and imagination and innovation, SC3

In terms of marketing faggotry to draw in people who don't even like SC who played it for a month before returning it to gamestop, SC4.

....I agree with you....especially the SC4 thing XD;; that made me lol..xD

Best Soundtrack: Pretty much every installment had a great soundtrack, but I think Soul Blade's was much more memorable.

Best Gameplay: A tie between SC2 and SCV.

Best Quality Game: SC3

Best Story: SC1

Best intro movie: SB. SC2 and SC3 were spectacular too, just not as mind-blowing awesome for their time like SB's was.

Best music: SB, easily.

Soul Calibur IV because of gameplay, online and Cassandra.

It was because of this game and Cassandra that I tried the rest and became a fan of SC

For me, Soul Calibur III. I started the franchise with SCII, but it was SCIII that really got me into the series. I probably spent hundreds of hours playing it, going through Chronicles of the Sword mode, fooling around with CaS, getting all the endings in Arcade, and attempting to figure out what I was supposed to be doing in half of the Soul Arena missions (eventually resorting to beating money out of people). Out of all the Soul Calibur games I've played so far, I think it provided the most engaging single-player experience. Whether that makes it the 'best' game out of a lengthy list, I don't know, but it stands as my favorite nevertheless.

For me, Soul Calibur III. I started the franchise with SCII, but it was SCIII that really got me into the series. I probably spent hundreds of hours playing it, going through Chronicles of the Sword mode, fooling around with CaS, getting all the endings in Arcade, and attempting to figure out what I was supposed to be doing in half of the Soul Arena missions (eventually resorting to beating money out of people). Out of all the Soul Calibur games I've played so far, I think it provided the most engaging single-player experience. Whether that makes it the 'best' game out of a lengthy list, I don't know, but it stands as my favorite nevertheless.

I see C:

I liked SCII the most because of the many move variations, delays cancels etc.
I had not much of a clue about fighting games then though.

SCV still checking out.

For me SCIII is the best of Soul series.... for many reasons...!!! And for now SCV is better than the previous games because it have great graphics, new fighting system, amazing epic music and new styles as well...., but if the "missing" characters like "Setsuka, Zas, Yun, Talim" were in the game, SCV would be the best game of all Soul series...!!!!

I'm torn between Soul Calibur II and Soul Calibur III and here are the reasons why. Soul Calibur II was the first Soul Calibur game that I bought and it introduced me into the Soul series. I enjoyed playing every minute of it, as I ended up with my mains and learning each characters' moves. Once Soul Calibur III came out, I was already at that point where I learned each move from my mains as well as the new characters at that time (especially Zasalamel). Soul Calibur III kicked up my love for the series up a notch and then some. Soul Calibur IV gets honorable mention in my book, while it may be a good game, I still play it from time to time, appreciating it for what its worth.

If you want a solid fighter, SC1 or SCV. If you want a solid single-player game, either SCIII or SE. If you want a good game overall, SCII or SCIV. It really depends on what you define as "best".
I agree with you despite your last post regarding SCII, which I believe is a good game plus you said it yourself that SCII is a good game overall.

Back