Who were all the SC national champs ?

F_Twilight

[08] Mercenary
Simple question lol, from sc1-3 who were the champs? if some1 wouldn't mind could they list top 3 from each sc? thnx to whoever answers

SC2 National Champion was Kageh from Chicago using Ivy
SC3 National Champion was Omega from Domincan Republic using Zas and Mitsu

Dunno about SC1

Who were all the SC national champs

If I'm not mistaken, Kageh played FetZ in the finals, with FetZ using Cervy. I think Omega played Thugish_Pond in the finals, with Thugish_Pond using X.

If only I had the time to travel more often back then ~ can't wait 'til this year's though =)

-Manta-

INDEED!

...and in SC2 Finals (well Nats as a whole) it was the first time the vast majority of the Calibur players saw Cervy's BT JF B+K off of so many things, and I KNOW alot of people we blown out of the water with Kageh's iSS and iCS off of GI's, 2A, and other quick ass moves.

...it is rumored that WCMaxi had been feeding sweet info into FetZ's ears about the BT JFs and when Nats came around his Chi-town group did extremely due to them having a great group of dedicated players and because WCMaxi had an Arcade Board that could go frame by frame through the game with each input... yeah... I want one :(

...also at SC2 Nats (Vegas) CrazyJ from Denver, CO won freaking $1500 on a slot machine he was just passing by.

...and a tidbit about SC3 and Omega: He destroyed people at Nats, but later on took a trip down to Dallas where Hates (...of NorCal and Cervy fame) beat him in a ft10 10 - 9, Astaroth on Mitsu / Zas. (you can probably find the vids on youtube even now... it's a damn good ft10!)

WCMaxi had been feeding sweet info into FetZ's ears and when Nats came around his Chi-town group did extremely well due to WCMaxi having the upper hand in the form of an Arcade Board that could go frame by frame through the game with each input.

So- so they won because of knowledge?!

I guess you can't take that frame data for granted...

Yeah, they had a visible advantage as no official frame data had been released and almost everyone who was at Nats was just blown away by some of the things that FetZ and Kageh pulled off.

So they cheated by withholding information that only THEY had access too.....

And SC3 Nats was skewed becuz of VC

The True Champions of Soul Calibur will be crowned this year.

And while Im at it...Chi-town isnt that could at soul cal.

Well...

Not everybody shares all the information they have on these boards to be particular.

I mean... I believe that all the information you have should be put out in the open, so that the community can grow as a whole and you have tougher, smarter opponents because of it...

Even if only one person learns from the information, that's one person that wasn't there before that's now enlightened. I think that's worth the trouble.

But, should you have some sort of technical advantage, you're not obligated to share, if you're that kind of person- so I can understand...

To be fair, Thugish_Pond destroyed Omega's Zas with his X and he did well against his Mitsu, though he couldn't nab the win. I remember, I think it was Jaeger went up against Omega's Mitsu with his Mitsu... lots of VC going on there, if I remember correctly and Jager only went down 7-10, so he did well too.

And that Hates vs Omega match up was crazy. Omega was breaking just about everything but Hates still took him down, although it went right to wire. Man, Asta did such crazy damage back then and 4 was still really great too.

"The True Champions of Hilde Calibur will be crowned this year."
Lol , so think a hilde will take it? hmm, well heres another question , based off who qualified now , who yall have as the fave? i too , think it'll be 1 of the hilde's tho.

F-Twilight:

I'm willing to bet anyone $100.00 that Hilde will take Nationals.

I'm also willing to bet that at least 15 people will be running Hilde at Nationals.

Which Hilde player is up for debate.

I'm also willing to bet that at least 15 people will be running Hilde at Nationals.
I could see that happening at EVO... but I really doubt we'll see 15 Hilde's at Nats. Just looking at the ones who already qualified, I just don't see that many people who would stoop to using Hilde.

And how many Hilde's will be taken out by OOF's (or anyone else's) Yoda? Soul Counter-picking FTW!

Back