Who/what the hell is Ker?

PokemonEater

[08] Mercenary
I keep reading about Ker, Palgaea's servant, who "resides" within Astaroth and who was "implanted" by Palgaea into him to use him as a "host" but none of us have ever seen Ker or heard it/him/whatever. I keep wondering what "Ker" could be, and I highly doubt that Astaroth has a little man living inside of him (I dislike the idea anyway), so does anyone know anything else about the subject?

My theories include:

-Ker is Astaroth's "heart" (explaining its odd position on his body), and has (or at least had) a mind of its own that it used to control the main body.
-Ker is a microscopic being living inside Astaroth or his cells, similar to midi-chlorians from Star Wars.
-Ker is a spirit living inside Astaroth that was put inside him to ensure his obedience by controlling him.
-The one I feel most comfortable with: When Astaroth was brought to life, he was implanted with Ker's spirit, which controlled the normally soulless body and used it as his own. In other words, Astaroth is Ker, and Ker is referred to in SC4 as a "guest within" Astaroth because Astaroth decided that he would no longer serve Palgaea, unlike what Ker once did before he "became" Astaroth.

No, "Ker" is different from "cur". "Cur" I already know is archaic slang for "dog", but "Ker" is the name of what seems to be a spirit living inside Astaroth to keep him under control (am I right?)

Wow, funny stuff... no really... :(
I don't have much of a care about who or what Ker is, but the last thing you pointed out in your list of theories is probably right, but nobody really cares about the story line that much because they're too buisy playing and having fun with the game it's self... And it really doesn't matter if it gives a "clue" to the next SC game, SC5 won't come out until August, 2011 (guestimation), and when it does people probably won't read the story or maybe they'll just skim through it at the least...

"Ker - In ancient Greek religion, a destructive spirit. Popular belief attributed death and illness to the action of impersonal powers, often spoken of in the plural (Keres). The word was also used of an individual’s doom, with a meaning resembling the notion of destiny, as when Zeus weighs the Keres of Achilles and Hector in Iliad, Book XXII. Hesiod says they are the children of Nyx (Night). In the Hesiodic Shield of Heracles, they are portrayed as blood-sucking monsters who drag the bodies of those slain in battle to the Underworld. In the Attic festival of the Anthesteria, when the spirits of the dead were expelled from the house, they were addressed as Keres; thus some scholars suppose that this was the original meaning of the word."

...and this from Wikipedia:
In Greek mythology, the Keres (Κῆρες; singular: Ker Κήρ) were female death-spirits. The Keres were daughters of Nyx, and as such the sisters of Fate (Moirae), Doom (Moros), Death and Sleep (Thanatos and Hypnos), Strife (Eris), Old Age (Geras), Divine Retribution (Nemesis), Charon, and other personifications. Some, such as Cicero who calls them by a Latin name, Tenebrae, or the Darknesses, name them daughters of Erebus and Nyx.

"In the Hesiodic Shield of Heracles, they are portrayed as blood-sucking monsters who drag the bodies of those slain in battle to the Underworld. "

Because he is the grim reaper of the battlefield...

Back