Who would win: Pit two characters who never fought in canon in battle.

So you are saying non canon doesn't work for non canon? Who made you the king of non canon rules?
It has no logical basis is what I'm saying. Need more clarification?
If you can't provide actual evidence and base it off things that have never happened, it's 100% a logical fallacy. You can't say this person is the number 1 wrestler because a fortune teller predicted that he'd be win every match for the next decade or something.
Why someone would win against someone is and should based off their actual progress and achievements. That and non-cannon endings changes all the time. Raph got SE in his SCIII ending, but then he switched to getting SC in his SCIV ending.

It did happen, the creators made it as an alternate ending. And this is speculation of things that aren't canon. Why wouldn't I look at non canon they created within the game? Also, your fortune teller example is stupid and irrelevant. It would be more like predicting the fight based on a wrestling match that wasn't aired on television or it was unofficial. Soul Edge gets busted in alternate endings. The evidence is right in front of you homie.

Or another way to use the fortune teller. Is that if the fortune teller predicted multiple outcomes with all those outcomes being physically possible. Since in the game, depending on the play through and what you did, different things happened. All being relevant in determining what is possible in the Namco universe. Mainly Soul Edge being weak as balls.

Last edited:
Canon events are ones that officially occurred in the storyline. My friend DarkWings is simply supporting the simple idea that canon events serve as stronger evidence than non-canon events. She is definitely not being a "king of non cannon rules".

This thread aims to encourage discussion on the outcome of a fight between two characters who have never fought in the actual story. Obviously, with the lack of concrete evidence, people can make all kinds of assumptions. You are free to think however you wish. There is not right or wrong answer, unless the developers choose who wins.
She told me what the rules are. So yeah she is mr. white knight.

We'd have to be very careful when it comes to collecting information from non-canon endings. While some can provide valuable information, some can create very unlikely outcomes.

We'd have to be very careful when it comes to collecting information from non-canon endings. While some can provide valuable information, some can create very unlikely outcomes.

Exactly. The games provide different endings depending on your actions to entertain you. They don't necessarily all serve as solid evidence.

is zwei really that bad?

With EIN and his strength, Zwei would destroy an ordinary human with no super powers. That is, of course, logical.

Alex, you are still arguing because you can't grasp the concept that some events are better predictors of outcomes than others. All Darkwings is asking you to do is to have logical reasoning. Therefore, stop with the ad hominem (also a type of logical fallacy).

Last edited:
Alex, you are still arguing because you can't grasp the concept that some events are better predictors of outcomes than others. All Darkwings is asking you to do is to have logical reasoning. Therefore, stop with the ad hominem (also a type of logical fallacy).

So the game shows Soul Edge breaking 900 times. Meaning within the context of the Calibur universe, Soul Edge is a brittle weapon. There is absolutely no reason I wouldn't use this as evidence for non canon situations. Since Namco beautifully illustrated to us what non canon looks within the context of their own created universe. Namco shows time and time again, Soul Edge can break by a mouse fart. If you can't grasp that, you stupid.

Especially because even without non canon, the Soul Edge still breaks. You and Darkwing have 0 argument.

Also, I think Darkwing can fight her own battles. Not sure why you gallantly jump by her side to protect her when she never asked for it. If Darkwing was so "correct", why are you desperately jumping in. Let her handle it fool, the brownie points you trying to get will lead you nowhere.

So the game shows Soul Edge breaking 900 times. Meaning within the context of the Calibur universe, Soul Edge is a brittle weapon. There is absolutely no reason I wouldn't use this as evidence for non canon situations. Since Namco beautifully illustrated to us what non canon looks within the context of their own created universe. Namco shows time and time again, Soul Edge can break by a mouse fart. If you can't grasp that, you stupid.

Especially because even without non canon, the Soul Edge still breaks. You and Darkwing have 0 argument.

Also, I think Darkwing can fight her own battles. Not sure why you gallantly jump by her side to protect her when she never asked for it. If Darkwing was so "correct", why are you desperately jumping in. Let her handle it fool, the brownie points you trying to get will lead you nowhere.

On the contrary, you are the one with no argument. You have already destroyed your credibility by name-calling (white knight; king of non-cannon) while we remain civil and focus on the issue at hand.

Furthermore, I did not suddenly rush to her aid. I simply noticed the flaws in your posts and decided to address them. Trust me, I am not here to get brownie points. We can't and will not force you to do anything. Neither Darkwings nor I are here to win anything. If anyone here has lost anything, it's you. You're the one losing your composure.

I suggest we take it to the PM's to avoid bothering other posters. Otherwise, get back to the topic of this thread and have fun.

Exactly. The games provide different endings depending on your actions to entertain you. They don't necessarily all serve as solid evidence.

With EIN and his strength, Zwei would destroy an ordinary human with no super powers. That is, of course, logical.

zwei is pretty bad man

On the contrary, you are the one with no argument.

Argument was Soul Edge = Easy to break

1. In canon, multiple people destroy it.
2. In alternate endings, multiple people destroy it.

By using actual logic. Even if we do decide alternate endings don't count, which is you and Darkwings weak ass argument. It does not get rid of point #1 and Soul Edge is still easy to break. No matter what, I won the discussion before it even started with actual logic.

You have already destroyed your credibility by name-calling (white knight; king of non-cannon) while we remain civil and focus on the issue at hand.

Is this your so called logic? If I say you are a dumb ass and 2+2=4. Just because I insulted you doesn't change 2+2=4.

As for not insulted me, you did. Don't be a biased prick. You had no reason to argue with me but you chose to anyways cuz you wanted to white knight her.

Trust me, I am not here to get brownie points

Give me a reason to trust you.

If anyone here has lost anything, it's you.

Neither Darkwings nor I are here to win anything.

Wait, are you here to win or you not here to win? You are being a hypocritical moron.

I suggest we take it to the PM's to avoid bothering other posters. Otherwise, get back to the topic of this thread and have fun.

Says the person who keeps insulting me.

Canon events are ones that officially occurred in the storyline. My friend DarkWings is simply supporting the simple idea that canon events serve as stronger evidence than non-canon events. She is definitely not being a "king of non cannon rules".
That's silly though. All the non canon endings are still considered plausible relative to the SC world. Mitsu really could destroy SE if he encountered it and decided to do so. Talim could call upon the gods to scatter it. That's well within their established abilities even if they didn't officially do it within the story.

You can't toss that out and say something like "Nah. The sword's indestructible." That isn't arguing it logically.

Rationally, the sword getting shattered is canon. That's how SC2's story is driven. So even officially it is possible to shatter the sword. So deciding it's super durable isn't a rational conclusion to draw. That's just a conclusion you've drawn from thin air.

It's a supernatural weapon, so therefore it's really strong.

Ok, but when you look at the story, this isn't borne out. At that point, it isn't logical to cling to the notion that it's got super tensile powers given the evidence. Quite the contrary.

Yeah, lets get back to the actual argument and not your feels. This is how I see the argument of "Soul Edge isn't an easily breakable sword"

1. It gets broken in canon
2. It gets broken in alternate endings
3. No matter what, it gets broken

The idea of, "it's evil/magical, therefore it's a tough sword that can't be broken" is a baseless assumption.

The idea that it "strengthens the wielder" doesn't mean the sword itself is hard to break

The idea that because "alternate endings don't exist, blah blah" does not change the fact that it gets broken in canon anyways.

If we are to look at this logically, there is only one conclusion to draw. Which is that Soul Edge is a really easy sword to break. If someone actually wants to contribute to the conversation, feel free to.

It did happen, the creators made it as an alternate ending. And this is speculation of things that aren't canon. Why wouldn't I look at non canon they created within the game? Also, your fortune teller example is stupid and irrelevant. It would be more like predicting the fight based on a wrestling match that wasn't aired on television or it was unofficial. Soul Edge gets busted in alternate endings. The evidence is right in front of you homie.

Or another way to use the fortune teller. Is that if the fortune teller predicted multiple outcomes with all those outcomes being physically possible. Since in the game, depending on the play through and what you did, different things happened. All being relevant in determining what is possible in the Namco universe. Mainly Soul Edge being weak as balls.
X'D I... I just can't... lol ok Alex. Yep Soul Edge is weak as balls. I mean totally, canon wise, it's only ever given a bunch of chars like cervantes humongous amount of powers and only been broken by a holy sword, Soul Calibur and heavily damaged with an arrow to the knee I mean rapier to the eyeball. xD All that is left is for Talim to send a cold wind at it for the whole series to end like in her sc3 ending.
XD I'm done hahahahahaha

X'D I... I just can't... lol ok

You = LOLOLOL I HAVE NO LOGIC

Yep Soul Edge is weak as balls.

Agreed, for one sentence you came to your senses.

it's only ever given a bunch of chars like cervantes humongous amount of powers

Has nothing to do with the toughness of the sword.

only been broken by a holy sword

Proof it breaks

Soul Calibur and heavily damaged with an arrow to the knee I mean rapier to the eyeball

Heavily damaged by random sword, so tough.

XD I'm done hahahahahaha

You = LOLOLOLOL I HAVE NO LOGIC IT'S FUNNY FOR NO REASON LOLOLOL

So you proved Soul Edge can:

1. Break

2. Be heavily damaged by rando sword

3. Can't tell the difference between the persons strength and the swords durability

Such a convincing argument that Soul Edge is durable.

Back