Why does Algol get alot of crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you against mitsu stances as well? they are incredibly frustrating to deal with
No because Mitsu is awesome and everything he does is fun to play with and against. I should especially say against since you can punish anything he does especially after/while in stance. Punish a bubble (which has absolutely no place in my beloved series!) Love you Bubbles!

Are you guys seriously arguing about something as subjective as what is "fun"?

I personally have a lot of fun fighting against Algol, especially if the Algol is using a lot of bubbles. It gets my blood flowing when I am faced with tough matchups in the game, especially if it forces me to completely change how I would normally play SC. I can beat Algol, I truly don't believe he's broken. He's a great character yes, but broken, no. If he were broken then I probably wouldn't be able to beat a good Algol player, hell even a shitty Algol player should do good against me if he were broken. But that's just my opinion anyways.

Bottom line is, what's fun for some isn't fun for others. And unfortunately or fortunately, however you want to look at it, the majority of people don't have fun fighting him. So he's banned because of that, because in these modern times, the majority is what has a say. Or so we're led to believe.

All this other shit, like "he has infinites" is a BS excuse to justify an otherwise laughable reason to ban. Because I truly believe that in a game like SC, an infinite that is difficult to land on a good opponent, is not any worse than a ring out.

Just my 2 cents.

Are you guys seriously arguing about something as subjective as what is "fun"?

I personally have a lot of fun fighting against Algol, especially if the Algol is using a lot of bubbles. It gets my blood flowing when I am faced with tough matchups in the game, especially if it forces me to completely change how I would normally play SC. I can beat Algol, I truly don't believe he's broken. He's a great character yes, but broken, no. If he were broken then I probably wouldn't be able to beat a good Algol player, hell even a shitty Algol player should do good against me if he were broken. But that's just my opinion anyways.

Bottom line is, what's fun for some isn't fun for others. And unfortunately or fortunately, however you want to look at it, the majority of people don't have fun fighting him. So he's banned because of that, because in these modern times, the majority is what has a say. Or so we're led to believe.

All this other shit, like "he has infinites" is a BS excuse to justify an otherwise laughable reason to ban. Because I truly believe that in a game like SC, an infinite that is difficult to land on a good opponent, is not any worse than a ring out.

Just my 2 cents.
Oh, I can understand this completely. But I am a total scrub. So since I'm not able to figure out how to beat out bubbles the 1st few times I play Algol, I find it boring. But barring that and being completely honest I was negative against bubbles anyway. I truly hated seeing projectiles being shot all over the screen in my beloved series. So that already made me negative against Algol. The fact that my scrubby mind couldn't find a way to always beat it just made me turn against him completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back