Why fighting games arent fun with Siblings! :D

Luff_The_Talim2

[09] Warrior
Ok! So I have: SSF4, SCIV, MvC3, MvDC, BlazBlu, and T6. When i'm not playing offline i'm usually on the computer, but occasionally I get forced into p n laying with Dark my brother. He calls himself "The Master Button Masher" and he actually thinks thats a good thing! In Soul Calibur and Tekken 6 I always win against him so it's not much of a problem. But in MvC3 it's a huge problem. He always spams that Variable thing or Crossover combination or whatever. >.< It makes fighting games no fun.

But if you have a sibling who plays video games you have someone to play with :)...
Except for when I drag my roommates into it I literally have a single other person which I can play (have played) Soul Cali Offline with. And I have to take two buses to get there lol.
I have heard that MvC3 is scrub friendly though, its one reason why I didn't buy it. More reason to try to get better!!!! xD

In Soul Calibur and Tekken 6 I always win against him so it's not much of a problem. But in MvC3 it's a huge problem. He always spams that Variable thing or Crossover combination or whatever. >.< It makes fighting games no fun.
Wanna know why? SC and TK are good games.
/thread

I certainly wouldn't have gotten into fighting games as much as I did if it weren't for the fact that my brother played me in a lot of games over the years. We were usually around the same skill level so it was a lot of fun.

You know what I hate about playing with siblings? If they lose too much, they never want to play the game again. Now I'm stuck playing online...

How old is your brother? He sounds very young, by the way you put it..

The crazy thing is, he's 15. And when i'm like "You should actually learn how to play" He's like "Nah. I'd rather play Demon's souls"

And Yea! I learned like yesterday that I can just use an Advancing guard and he's up out mah face!

Even Tekken, one of the best fighting games out there, is still nowhere near as fun as SC.

Why nobody else has made a weapon based fighter, I will never know. There is no reason why another weapon fighter shouldn't sell, esp if it's 3d and made by namco.

Back in the day, I stopped all my local friends from playing this game forever because they literally could NEVER WIN against me. So yeah, I hear your frustration about people not willing to tough it out and learn. What was hilarious, was that these guys had been playing for years, thought they were god, and then taught me the game. It was only after a week that I far surpassed these guys and nothing pissed them off more. It really damaged their pride big time to see a rookie school a so called veteran.

In the end, they just had excuse after excuse about why they lost, why I'm no good, why I get lucky, why my char is overpowered, etc. So even after I kicked their asses with a crap character, they had no verbal defenses left except, "aah man your just being cheap, that ain't no fun".

Calling someone else cheap is another way of say, "Your better than me and I won't admit it!".

But in retrospect, none of these guys were really any good at all. They mastered combos, but completely lacked adaptability, as their move choices were just repeated patterns of the same old string. I adapted quickly, but they couldn't. they were so predictable it wasn't even funny.

The same thing happened with MAGIC: THE GATHERING ( a collectible card game) a few years earlier. Once I figured the game out, They hardly ever won, and stopped playing entirely because why? because they said I was too "F#CKING CHEAP".

Not to pat myself on the back, but I can honestly say that there is a downside to being good at gaming. The downside being that nobody wants to play you.

But like I said b4, these guys were scrubs, no matter what game they played!!!

I am in no way godlike in my gaming ability. But compared to that group of people, I was.

Yea, same thing happens to me. I'll play my games (SF, MvC, or SC) against my friends, and they all eventually give up and I no longer have anyone to play against. I have one friend that can beat me at SF4, but that's all he wants to play and I find the game exceptionally boring.

Last offline calibur I played, 11-0 against my friend that mains NM. He knows what he's doing but doesn't practice and his reaction is kinda bad. Fucker has some deep mind games though.

I also have a little brother that plays sc4 but I often find myself getting bored playing him. I play games from a strategic standpoint and he just tries to get in my face contantly. He has no defensive game whatsoever so when I guard impact( which I do alot) and reverse the tide immediately he just cant come back. when 5 or 6 matches pass he's tired of loosing and storms off. I only have one decent challenge in offline soul calibur and even he wins 1 in every 40 matches and that's if I'm trying someone or something out. It'd be good to find more players (good players) here in Los angeles, CA.

I also have a little brother that plays sc4 but I often find myself getting bored playing him. I play games from a strategic standpoint and he just tries to get in my face contantly. He has no defensive game whatsoever so when I guard impact( which I do alot) and reverse the tide immediately he just cant come back. when 5 or 6 matches pass he's tired of loosing and storms off. I only have one decent challenge in offline soul calibur and even he wins 1 in every 40 matches and that's if I'm trying someone or something out. It'd be good to find more players (good players) here in Los angeles, CA.

There's a tournament coming up in Pasadena if you're interested. Also My5t1cal (or however you spell it) and his buddies live in LA as well. They'll be going to the tourney.

There's a tournament coming up in Pasadena if you're interested. Also My5t1cal (or however you spell it) and his buddies live in LA as well. They'll be going to the tourney.

Hey thanks! I already signed up and am hoping to bring the guy that poses a decent challenge to me as well. He's excited about it.

LMAO!! Girl Hordi is so wack, he mus treally upset you. "Nah I'll just go play demon souls" well m'fucka go play demon souls and stop wasting me and Lant's sweet ass time GOD DAYUM!! Serio he only wants to play when I'm on, or when ihe gives you extra time, blah blah blah.

I have playing a lot of fighting games against my older brother (Such as KOF, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Tobal 2, SF, GGXX, and many more) and we always beat each other, also he's the only people who want to playing fighting game with me. And the reason why do I like playing fighting games with siblings ? because fighting against Computer is really boring.

... You say I talk about YOU behind your back. First of all I beat Demon's souls for the second time and was able to learn another game, until dark souls comes out. All you had to do was ask. No, I am not a little child, it just sounds that way cuz he never gives enough details. Most, if not all people would say I act more mature than him. I'm annoyed that Dani even said anything cuz the only reason I ever wanted to play with him was because I thought he was a great player. Most of my respect for him went out the window when I played him in RE5 and figured out that he sucked at it and was rude when he won. He's been playing that game for more than months. Me, I only played it for a couple days and I still almost beat him. Only reason he won was cuz he chose to run away in fear.

Back