Why is everyone a dick on 8wr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

damn-I-Suck

[12] Conqueror
Okay, I know I'm not the only one who's experienced this. We all have. We go to a forum, post something, and some other smart-ass snot nosed brat comes along "Stfu scrub".

This just in!: Calling someone names or being unnecessarily dick-ish or trollish accomplishes nothing! All it does is make you look like an asshole, and pisses the other guy off. Nobody, and I mean nobody, responds to insults.

Here's a brilliant idea I think some of you can take a lesson from: Be nice! If you think something someone is posting is wrong, in error, or miscalculated, please let them know, without being mean or cruel.

Calling someone a scrub is not going to teach them anything, it's only gonna make them less likely to listen and take criticism in the future from those who know. Nobody listens to assholes, whether their right or not.

I probably respect Hates more than anyone else on 8wr. He knows his shit, but isn't condescending when he corrects people. He's told me I'm wrong on a number of occasions, none of it offended me, and most of it made me re-think something. It was constructive.

But, it goes beyond that sometimes. Some of you people need to seriously grow the fuck up. These people, actually enjoy insulting and trolling. There's only 3 types of people who actually enjoy insulting people: 1) those with low-self esteem 2) those with anger problems 3) those who are childish.

I speak out for all the newbies and people who are new to 8wr who have been insulted for reasons that aren't justified.

I have a feeling this thread will be closed because some of the moderators are exactly the kind of asshole I'm talking about. And I also know that someone will post on here with "Stfu scrub, your just butthurt". Please spare me the bullshit. I've heard enough of that garbage for 10 life times.

The people on the website, generally speaking (some of you ARE respectable), think you know everything and also think that anyone else who hasn't won a tournament isn't worth listening to. I admit not having as much knowledge as some of you do, but that doesn't mean that everything I say is worthless.

"scrub" is a useless word. When you use that word, your not trying to educate someone, your just trying to be a dick. Replacing insults with constructive criticism is ten times more respectable.

"Stfu scrub, your just butthurt".
Saved me the job of writing it.

Its the internet, not a friendship circle, lol. Grow up man...

Being (rightfully) called a scrub when I first started posting on soulcalibur.com was the best thing that ever happened to me calibur wise. It forced me to man up and get better.
This, but in my case, 8wayrun two years ago.

When somebody says something akin to "your character is OP" or "you do nothing but spam", that kind of ignorant shit is offensive enough in its own right to warrant some ridicule. More often then not, these are the exact kinds of comments that result in harsh language being thrown around.

Yea, I could be nice about it, but should I? That person was just incredibly rude to me by trying to tell me that I am somehow an illegitimate player, even though he is entirely clueless about the game itself and in no position to make that judgment call from an educated perspective. That, in my opinion, is the childish bullshit that needs to be put down.

Holy shit, Subscribed.

Please carry on.

PS: Just because Hates hides his contempt of the ignorant* doesn't mean he doesn't loathe them.

* Ignorance is not stupidity, or being uneducated. Ignorance requires will, like this thread required will.

Okay, I know I'm not the only one who's experienced this. We all have. We go to a forum, post something, and some other smart-ass snot nosed brat comes along "Stfu scrub".

This just in!: Calling someone names or being unnecessarily dick-ish or trollish accomplishes nothing! All it does is make you look like an asshole, and pisses the other guy off. Nobody, and I mean nobody, responds to insults.

Here's a brilliant idea I think some of you can take a lesson from: Be nice! If you think something someone is posting is wrong, in error, or miscalculated, please let them know, without being mean or cruel.

Calling someone a scrub is not going to teach them anything, it's only gonna make them less likely to listen and take criticism in the future from those who know. Nobody listens to assholes, whether their right or not.

I probably respect Hates more than anyone else on 8wr. He knows his shit, but isn't condescending when he corrects people. He's told me I'm wrong on a number of occasions, none of it offended me, and most of it made me re-think something. It was constructive.

But, it goes beyond that sometimes. Some of you people need to seriously grow the fuck up. These people, actually enjoy insulting and trolling. There's only 3 types of people who actually enjoy insulting people: 1) those with low-self esteem 2) those with anger problems 3) those who are childish.

I speak out for all the newbies and people who are new to 8wr who have been insulted for reasons that aren't justified.

I have a feeling this thread will be closed because some of the moderators are exactly the kind of asshole I'm talking about. And I also know that someone will post on here with "Stfu scrub, your just butthurt". Please spare me the bullshit. I've heard enough of that garbage for 10 life times.

The people on the website, generally speaking (some of you ARE respectable), think you know everything and also think that anyone else who hasn't won a tournament isn't worth listening to. I admit not having as much knowledge as some of you do, but that doesn't mean that everything I say is worthless.

"scrub" is a useless word. When you use that word, your not trying to educate someone, your just trying to be a dick. Replacing insults with constructive criticism is ten times more respectable.

scrub.

April Fools mirite?

I've got a PM box full of similar "musings" from this guy that says if he does call this April Fools, it'll only be to soothe the thrashing he gets here. Think of it more like... an April Fools Day "present".

This topic is looking a little too one sided.

Can we get Aris in here to sexually harass the man? That should make things more interesting for the debate team.

"Stfu scrub, you're just butthurt".

Le Bello's grammar correction service costs just $700 a word. Genius!

In more topical terms, 8WR is a competitive forum designed for the higher calibur (Oh ho ho!) player. You're like to meet some egos and take some verbal spankings. This is the nature of the competitive mind! If you appear weak, or to lack the knowledge others have, then you shall be hunted for sport and roasted for nourishment. Le Bello has heard this termed "feeding the trolls".

But chin up! Toes out! Brush down, dust off, and put your left leg in. Now out. Now in. Out.

You know what comes next.

Trollbaiting...meh. At least the replies from people that don't read the replies should be amusing.

The hidden truth...the real 8wr exposed..what they never taught you in school....the conspircy..part 1..who really governs the webiste...what are it's true intentions...?

Had to get that outta my head lol don't mind me:)

AZ

All this being said... damn-I-suck is treated like shit because he IS shit. The guy not only trolls threads, he has created DOZENS of accounts which all have been merged/deleted into his current account. You guys may notice that damn-I-suck comes from the same region of America as the infamous Jorn/Shinku/BITE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back