Will Broken Destiny get a console version?

Will part of Broken Destiny come to PS3/Xbox360?

• I hope so, and I think so.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • I hope so, but I have no idea.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • I hope so, but probably not.

Votes: 46 33.1%
  • I hope not.

Votes: 14 10.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The only thing that matters about the PSP is whether it can fucking do it, and if you've played the Tekken game it got two years ago, then you know it can. Anything else is system warrior bullshit. Nobody wants to listen to the poor baby who can't afford it, except all the other poor babies who can't afford it either. Try telling an old lady with a Wii that having only one game is a problem.

In a semi-related note what I find pretty laughable, or have since information about broken destiny came out, is that Namco thinks that the PSP can handle a version of soul calibur IV and the Wii can't. This sounds like pro-wii-propaganda perhaps but I mean it in the most derisive sense. It gives me a chuckle every time I think about what that says about the Wii. Tactically I suppose releasing on a handheld means that people will expect the game to not measure up graphically to the console releases. And this fact perhaps makes me ironically optimistic about the chances of seeing this come out in the console at some point in the future, when psp sales have been milked to a sufficient degree perhaps? Of course they can't say they're going to put this out as DLC, the marketing guys would love that I'm sure. After reading that snippet optimism is forming. Maybe they will do it, maybe they won't, the money will probably decide but the plans are probably on the table someplace for the possibility.

I would think install base counts for something though Phil. It does kind of boggle the mind why they would develop for the psp. I could throw out a bunch of theories and any or all of them could be wrong so I'll hold from doing that and just say I guess the fact that it CAN do it and the idea it won't be done on consoles might ring in some extra revenue.

As far as I know, even after E3, it's still a mystery why the PSP is getting so much third-party support all of a sudden. Between Soul Calibur, Tekken 6 and Rock Band Unplugged, I'll be buying three games this summer for a system I've ignored for about two years, and I think there are some other big franchises from Konami, Capcom and Square that are putting some effort in? Dunno.

Either Sony is offering ridiculous developer incentives to make PSP games, so that the PSP Go launch goes well, or the developers are absolutely in love with the *idea* of the PSP Go. Historically, portable games have had a much richer used trade than console games, and the PSP Go represents a total reversal of that precedent. Publishers love digital distribution for a number of reasons, and a unit that runs exclusively on downloads kills their revenue losses from physical overhead and the used trade. I wouldn't be surprised if developers calculated those two factors to cover the PSP's lag behind the DS format in overall install base. Then there's the DS's considerable weakness to piracy. If Sony has a stronger plan against pirates, that's another reason for publishers to go to the PSP despite their lag in market share. And that's all to say nothing of the system's more powerful, more traditional basic specs, which should be all we care about.

SCIV for PSP vs Wii? I guess it's a sad commentary on the Wii if you want to look at it that way, but the Wii just isn't supposed to be a high-end machine like the PSP is supposed to be a high-end machine. That's not what Nintendo is about right now. I love Nintendo and I love Soul Calibur, but I just don't think their ideas are compatible these days, and that's okay.

erm. I read none of the above posts. This game has a console version. It's been out on Xbox 360 and PS3 for a year now. No. Namco aren't that fucking stupid are they (quote me if it happens...i'll eat a hat)

-edit: except Phil's, I read that. He doesn't waste bandwidth and server space.

erm. I read none of the above posts. This game has a console version. It's been out on Xbox 360 and PS3 for a year now. No. Namco aren't that fucking stupid are they (quote me if it happens...i'll eat a hat)

-edit: except Phil's, I read that. He doesn't waste bandwidth and server space.

Well thanks a lot.

In a semi-related note what I find pretty laughable, or have since information about broken destiny came out, is that Namco thinks that the PSP can handle a version of soul calibur IV and the Wii can't. This sounds like pro-wii-propaganda perhaps but I mean it in the most derisive sense. It gives me a chuckle every time I think about what that says about the Wii.

It's not so much the Wii can't handle it as much as it is there is nearly no market for fighting games on the Wii. Every Wii owner who is a fan of fighting games already has a PS3 or 360 along with their Wii. If they don't, then they are pretty much an idiot. On Wii, if it's not Smash Bros, it's not going to sell so it's a waste. Guilty Gear AC on Wii did NOT sell. KoF Orochi Saga on Wii did NOT sell. Hell, I'll even go as far as to say Tatsunoko VS Capcom on Wii isn't going to sell when it's finally released. The demographic majority of Wii owners don't give two shits about fighting games. So it's a waste of time.

The demographic majority of Wii owners don't give two shits about fighting games. So it's a waste of time.

The demographic majority of 360s and PS3's also don't give two shits about fighting games. They do care about bonus characters though, which is why gamecube SC2 sold so much.

The demographic majority of 360s and PS3's also don't give two shits about fighting games. They do care about bonus characters though, which is why gamecube SC2 sold so much.

Troll post. Mature answer: because of Link. (edit: sorry I misread that.) but yeah tweenies and shit fiend for the cameos - unfortunately the DS is a fucking laughing stock in terms of raw badass gaming power to have it's own version with a guest appearance from oh I don't know...err, take your pick - make it drip fail, I was thinking Travis Touchdown but that's almost acceptable.

I honestly doubt that TvC sold very well in Europe either (except maybe france) and same goes for Guilty Gear...it's a pity it weren't released on PS3/360...idiots, could have held us over til BlazBlue but oh well.

As for this SC game - the PSP is a condensed playstation, they're used to devving for it, and it's compatible with all easy ol engines and scripts they borrow and use. As for the Wii, it does not nearly have enough power to display and run everything SC does as smoothly as it should.

For example - God of War Chains of Olympus had major frame rate issues having so much shit going on in the background whilst having enemy AI running (AI being a big memory chomper) that Sony took the 200mhz cap off the PSP clock speed to let it run smooth.

I don't want to try and compare specs between Wii and PSP. They COULD do a new 'build' from scratch - but that takes time and if it doesn't capitalize on the investment in lazy ass pizza munching designers and programmers, marketing, promotion, and manufacturing costs then it's not worth it (as has been said about many o' ports and 'remakes' and portable versions of games (i.e. Force Unleashed for Wii was not the same build as the 360/PS3 version)).

Hope you find the above all in good order. If you are not completely satisfied I will gladly take a private message and get back to you.

Kind regards

Jlikew00t

Is that a joke? Squid and mayo? WOW!

I'd read about this sort of stuff all over the net for years but this guy puts it all in one convenient place, sans pictures. You really have to look up some pictures though man. They really carry the impact.

http://www.tanutech.com/japan/jpizza.html

833342657_a5d25f4502.jpg

This image should help to convey a sense of just how altered the japanese perception of pizza is from our own. While still recognizably, ostensibly the same species, there are shocking differences between them. It's like two breeds of dog. Imagine you had only seen great Danes your entire life and somebody suddenly presents you with a live Chihuahua. Covered in mayonnaise. Just enough of what scientists classify as a "what the fuck" element that you might be disgusted, even if still morbidly curious or genuinely intrigued.

Clearly they are doing something wrong however, right?

i cant believe america got beat to the burger pizza idea.
i dont think anyone without a psp should care much for this game, from what ive seen of it i have absolutly no incentive to go buy one, and dont see any point in B:D coming to console by DLC or disc. all i hope is that it builds the sc fanbase, giving more hope for sc5

I'd willingly spend another 30$ if this game would truly be like T5DR - patched and balanced. If its not I'm not sure if I'll even care anymore to notice it in the store.

Some food for thought as to Kratos on 360:

I just learned the other day that Ghostbusters is owned by Columbia Pictures, a division of Sony, yet the Ghostbusters video game is on every platform including Wii, DS and Xbox 360.

Things that make you go "Hmmm..."

Back