Will Hilde will get nerfed and how?

IvyFanboy

[11] Champion
Will Hilde get nerfed and how?

We all know Hilde has some BS going for her. Now we can argue that Hilde without her RO potential is not the best character and has to work for those RO combos. However the fact that one character can capitalize on one mistake so harshly from nearly anywhere on the level is unfair. If Namco really wants balance Hilde is indeed going to get a nerf.

But how to do it fairly? What would you suggest to tone her down but not make her bad?

I think allowing a shakable after C3 A would help to prevent C2 BB, C2 AA from always connecting. This way the RO is still there but it has an escape. It'll be like Ivy's 17 hit combo (or the superior 12 hit version)...it can be shaken (TWICE!...thrice?) but if it lands it's half your life bar. She still has lots of RO range but she can't guarantee a combo that will carry you all the way to that range. Maybe even go so far as to make C3 A have a tad more RO range to make it good but put the person just out of range of a C2 BB followup.

[edit] - some admin mind fixing the header?

Easiest way is to gimp the C2BB pickup. Make it so that everyone has Asta/Rock/Vader properties with that move. That is to say, that characters fall twice as fast after being picked up OTG with that move. It does not affect her normal combo - C2BB C2AA, nor does it affect In Air B+K, C2BB C2AA, it only affects C3A C2BB C2AA and 44K C2BB C3A/C2AA.

Otherwise just make it such that C2AA does not RO in the air.

I can see that C2 BB nerf. Making C2 AA not RO aerial opponents would be a huge loss, not to mention it would look very strange.

Imo, C3A should not be a launcher. Make there be no C2BB pickup afterwords. A TCing mid, GIing safe tracking move is good enough without being a combo-starter.

Other than that, I'm really worried about any other nerfed moves. She has a really delicate balance.
If you make C2B not pickup, she would really need other moves buffed to compensate for it, or some damage tone ups. Nerfing C2BB to not pickup really hurts her damage. Making C2AA not RO still means she edge-carries so your always on the edge while fighting her in a sense. Making C3B punishable would be dumb, but making it more linear might be a possibility.

Its a hard choice to make, if its made at all.

Lets be honest here, it might never happen- so get used to it.

-Idle

Easiest way is to gimp the C2BB pickup. Make it so that everyone has Asta/Rock/Vader properties with that move. That is to say, that characters fall twice as fast after being picked up OTG with that move. It does not affect her normal combo - C2BB C2AA, nor does it affect In Air B+K, C2BB C2AA, it only affects C3A C2BB C2AA and 44K C2BB C3A/C2AA.

Otherwise just make it such that C2AA does not RO in the air.

I thought I mentioned this solution a billion times in the other thread before it got out of hand and you locked it (thank god).

Gimping C2BB pickup in combos (so as you put it better than I could, OTG) is the best way to deal with this. Her signature move C2BB C2AA still works, and if you get hit near the edge, you deserve the RO. Doom combo is shortened to C3B 44K C2BB. Combo of C2 BB, C3 A, C2 BB still works, without a C2 AA pickup. Conveyor belt ROs also should be fixed; there's a ton of bullshit going on there.

Instead of gimping C2BB pickup, I think having it do the rolling pushback on the ground is the best solution. (Like sisters' 3B hitting grounded opponents, the roll that can't ringout at all...? Maybe I'm confusing people.) It allows Hilde to still use those combos to space her opponents back, but without any combo potential or RO nonsense. I'm trying to think of moves with those properties and I'm failing miserably, been a while since I played SC4 actually...

yeah that sounds about right to me. Hilde will DEFINITLY get her charges nerfed, but the upside is that her normals will improve, making it so you can actually play her without charging so often. i mean how much better would she be if she had sweep moves with her lance? of course the danger there is turning her into some kind of disgusting kilik clone (how i hate him). oh and C3 A should still RO but not from such a daft range.

i just think you should remove her RO ability for her charges

so she could keep the doom combo as a strong combo

alot of characters have 100+ combos

Yeah I highly doubt they are going to nerf the doom combo other than take away the ringout part of the last hit (c2aa). Otherwise they would have to give her a significant damage increase off of c2bb c2aa and a few other charge links. In fact from what I remember they nerfed Hilde's charge damage in the beta, and from what I hear they actually knew about the doom combo. So who knows what they will do.

Maybe they should just give everyone else some bullshit to compensate. If you wish doom on Hilde she may end up like Talim.

And everybody knows when you nerf one character, someone else picks up the slack to become the new dominate-tor. Take Tekken 5 for instance...they spent so much time and effort trying to balance Nina and Bryan that by the time 5.2 rolled around Devil Jin was a monster.

It's really just in need of 1 minor tweek. She's fine except when given the whole combo. Simply break alter a part in it like they would an infinite and done. She should still be good with RO...just not that good.

Side note - how exactly do her recharges set? grabs, tapping anything involving the button held (say you hold A and tap a binded A+B), being grounded? etc...

how exactly do her recharges set? grabs, tapping anything involving the button held (say you hold A and tap a binded A+B), being grounded? etc...

As far as I know, her charges only go away when you let go of the button held. You can be thrown/stunned/grounded and your charges will remain there. If you do hit a binded button that has whatever you're charging, the charge will reset.

I think the problem isn't the C2BB but the C2AA. It just rings out SO far when hitting aired opponents. What they should do is tone down the ring out ability of C2AA.

On Ground: The 2nd hit doesn't ring out, meaning only the 1st hit's push rings out.
In Air: The 2nd hit doesn't have any special air hit properties. It just hits them forward rather than sending them crashing to the ground. The 1st hit will still disable air control, so the combo will still be guaranteed. It will still ring out at ring edges because there is natural push out for an air hit.

Changing 44K doesn't solve the problem because B+K does the same thing only in the opposite direction.
Taking out C2BB only makes the character less fun to watch and dumbs down the mechanic of charging in the first place.

Hilde will NOT be nerfed... I stand by my belief that we have no support from Namco post-release, as they have already got their money from us. I'm fairly certain as well that 1.03 itself were just fixes that didn't come in time to be printed to the disc, so Namco held them back for a month or two to make it "appear" that they were supporting us, when they really werent.

Hilde will NOT be nerfed... I stand by my belief that we have no support from Namco post-release, as they have already got their money from us. I'm fairly certain as well that 1.03 itself were just fixes that didn't come in time to be printed to the disc, so Namco held them back for a month or two to make it "appear" that they were supporting us, when they really werent.

hes probably right.............

hes probably right.............
If you think about the nerf to CFs, its probably true. During the first few months, they wanted to flaunt their new CF system, so CFs were broke as fuck (I even called them out to be banned at one time) because Namco wanted to make sure we saw them. In 1.03 they nerfed CFs, so now except for a few select chars, CFs are fine. It would make sense that Namco would plan to do this from the start.

Back