17th
AVN | The Apple BOOM
17th
AVN | Sin of Ravens
17th
Avaont

Shoutouts and photos later.

Ugh, I can't believe that I miss both streams. :(

Anyways, good job to everyone that went and when will the matches be uploaded.

Hopefully I can watch or maybe even go the next Winter Bawl.

had a great time at this event! congrats to cross for taking his first tournament! also want to give a huge shoutout to IAB. i know a he pisses a lot of you guys off and his antics at times are fucking retarded but you have to give the man credit that he's been coming to literally everything that has had SC as a main game. i wish we had more people in the community willing and able to travel like him. as for me, im willing but not able :/

I'd also like to give a shout-out to IAB. I haven't been keeping up with the community the past few months, I've moved and had a lot of personal things going on. I'd heard the name before but I had no idea who IAB was, so for a while I was walking up to every player I didn't recognize and saying, "Hey, are you I adore bunnies? I only ask cause I don't know what he looks like and everybody keeps telling me he's about to beat me, so I figure I should find out who he is"

I realize now that might have sounded like I was offended. I'd like to clarify that was not the case, and assumed people were saying it because it was probably going to be true. I just wanted to meet him, because he obviously seemed to be a player people had some respect for.

So, IAB, just wanted to let you know that I have nothing but love and I hope I didn't come across like I was upset that people were saying I was the underdog. I was just looking forward to meeting a new player.

Also, I feel like I'm really rambling now and I can't quite tell if I am. I caught something over the weekend and I'm sporting a pretty decent fever right now, in as far as a 103 fever is "decent"... so, yeah

Summary: IAB, great match, it was truly a pleasure to meet you, and I didn't even know that people have been giving you shit so, just saying, I wasn't trying to pile on.

Also shoutouts to everybody else.

AVN-Yeah, Cross is your leader/superstar, but you guys have put in the time, the work and the effort and Alex, Hiles, you've both come a long, long way. AVN isn't just Cross and those other guys anymore, and I look forward to when you all get the props you deserve.

Jian: I love you so god damned much, never go that long without visiting again, you hear me, damnit?

Black Zweinamite: You are awesome, and you still have the best gamertag in the history of Calibur.

Cross: great job on your victory and for exposing me in winner's finals.

Sandman: great job on your second place win, and for exposing me in loser's finals. Also, thanks for letting me crash on your floor

Props to everybody else for not exposing me prior to that, I really appreciate it.

Zack/Anthony/Sean- you guys are my calibur family, it was a great reunion.

If I forgot anybody it's because I'm about to go back to sleep for the thirtieth time today

Haven't done shoutouts in a while.

Firstly, Sandman...
I really appreciate the last minute room space. And it turned out to be a great decision to room with you, Chelsea, Doug, and Tim. You already know how I feel about our match. But still, as I said to you then... Good shit. Much as I hate your character being allowed, I can't hate on your logic for using her.

CFF - Good to finally meet you. Good times. Many drunken rants. Many sorrys. Keep working on that Leixia if you have the patience for it. A little rough on the fundamentals overall, but there's still some of improvement from the last time we played.

Avylon doesn't come here to read anything. So I'll just say props to them

Robert J King - good showing for your first event. You have a lot of potential to improve if you keep coming out. make sure to do so.

Malice - Anthony great seeing you again. Don't want people to think your dead, so guess that means you gotta keep showing up.

Sporko - Doug, great job getting 3rd. It's been awhile since you've taken back money from a tourney. I told you you'd make me proud.

Bibulus - Tim, as always, good times. Sucks we had to play each other so early on, but that's how it is sometimes.

Ninjaguy - You're definitely improving every event. I wish we'd gotten to finish our Ft3, but you know... Good job on 4th.

Jian(Jin, lol) - it was really great to see you again. You don't come here either, so I'll hit you up on facebook sometime.

Everyone else, it was a really fun event despite my salt levels. Final Round is pretty much out for me at this point, so I'll see most of you at ECT.

I guess I'll do shoutouts now.

Cross - Congrats on first and for beating me and being awesome.

Sandman - thanks for encouraging me to learn Viola's BS and making me the horrible person I am today!

Robert J King - glad you got to come out and support the scene and placing well. Hope to see more of you at Summer Jam.

Stan - Great Leixia and I'm still sorry about NEC lol also, thanks for watching my jacket and being cool.

AVN - what ZeroEffect said.

ZeroEffect - We definitely have to finish our FT3. I asked so I could gauge you're strength for the tourney but we didn't even play in it lol.

Malice - That was amazing support you gave Stan in her match against Boom. It was hilarious lol. Good job repping all three Greeks as usual.

Jonnitti - Hotdog suit is too OP. We need to play more online.

Sporko - I'm glad we didn't have to hate each other this time! Although I will have to get back at you for placing higher than me! :)

Bibulus and Frank - I didn't talk to you guys much but I'm sure the commentary was hype as usual.

Sorry if I missed anyone. Had a blast at this and I can't wait for SJ!

Shoutouts to everyone for everything. Specifics:

ZeroEffect - GGs, man. I know you hate this bitch. If you didn't blow up my Sieg every time we played in tourney, I wouldn't use her.

Cross - GGs! I hopped off stage thinking I choked on it. After rewatching it, I don't think I did, I think you just adapted to my standard bullshit. Algol's a solid choice for you. Come to FR, I want a runback.

Ninjaguy - I just read a post where Sporko said that he's more afraid of me than you, and "if you want to prove me wrong, put him in losers". Ugh. But, like, you've gotten better. I told you to practice that bullshit, lol. I was so hype when you beat Bunnies.

Robert J King - Holy fucking fuck, you almost bopped me.

Assassin - SWAG. Top 8 is Top 8. If people try and tell you you didn't belong there, tell them to requiescat on DEEZ NUTZ

Sporko - Good shit on 3rd, good shit on getting drunk and popping off, and GGs on stream, thanks for not killing me in my sleep.

Ali - good to see you entering tournaments now! Hope you had fun!

Avylon - you guys make running tournaments look easy.

General thought - man, returning to real life after one of these things is so hard.

Booking shit for FR now. See you all there.

Assassin - SWAG. Top 8 is Top 8. If people try and tell you you didn't belong there, tell them to requiescat on DEEZ NUTZ

This is one of the best god damned quotes I've ever heard in my fucking life.

Also, Herbie knows I love him, and I hope both you and he realize I was saying that to motivate him, not undermine him.

Plus I was pretty much saying, "Hey, you're both better than me, one of you just might be more betterer than me than the other"

Lol that wasn't a shot at you...people were saying the same shit when I made top 8 at NEC.

You belong where you end up. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Eh, there's something to be said for the power of self determination. And I don't mean in the movie style "If you believe you can do it", I mean in the more pragmatic sense of, "What if *I* think I didn't end up where I belonged?"

I'm not being defeatist, I'm still hype about third, but I also know that if I were on the other side of the bracket I would have got 5th or 7th.

I've just noticed a trend in my few "success stories" at majors. If I place third, I was probably the 5th-7th player there. If I place 5th, I'm normally the 7th-10th best player there. My success stories are usually are me getting smiled upon by bracket gods.

Again, this is a message to all you from Sporko: the guy who only talks trash to players he loves, and himself. The two are not mutually exclusive, mind you. I'm pretty great.

I've had almost no success stories (whether or not 2nd here counts is still very up for debate). My one big one was 5th at NEC, and I looked at the top 16 and was like "Okay, pretty much everyone under me has either beaten me in tournament or assraped me in some kind of serious match". But lots of other times I'd get stuck in an OMFGbracket (ECT being the worst, when me, Jimbo, OmegaXCN, KDZ, ZeroEffect, and someone else all ended up in the same pool) and get below where I thought I should be.

Bottom line, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose...sometimes you're born to sing the blues...but the story never ends, it goes on and on and on and on...?

No, sorry, actual bottom line, there's always an element of randomness to tournaments. And no matter what, it's nobody's place to tell you you don't belong placed where you are. Especially people who don't show up to shit.

Sidenote, I am saving up for SJ now, because I am fucking 30 now and I cannot sleep on a floor without regretting it for 3-5 days afterwards.

My hip bones still hurt, even while sleeping on my soft, soft bed.

Basically, what I'm saying is, I am getting a fucking bed next time.

Back