woooooohooooo torny this weekend

Twiggy: Remember the advice the others gave you. Mainly the 2B+K,B follow up after landing 4BBK knockdown. Also when fighting nightmare if he hits you with the low grab 2A+G that flips you forward don't tech otherwise you'll eat the 33B tech trap. Instead lay on the ground and if they do 33B just press guard just before the move makes contact and you'll block it and be able to punish. I just do 2A to be safe, maybe there's a better move Maxi can punish Nightmare 33B with? I just stick to 2A because as you saw in your second match, if you try other moves they might be too slow and get auto GIed into tragic results (RO).

I also learned something new from watching your vid that I want to confirm. After landing 236K is 236A guaranteed? That did a good chunk of damage from what I saw.

RedDjinn: After 4BB hits, the K is a forced block period. There's no getting around it, if you try to duck you WILL get hit. If you try anything but block you will get hit. Only thing that might save you is if when you block Maxi's kick he goes past you putting you to his side or behind him. When the camera shifts, the Maxi player loses the advantage he would have gotten had the kick made contact normally. It doesn't happen too often but I HATE when it does happen.

Duno I know Ive hit that combo everytime Ive tried it... Online or offline... Go test... Simple~!

EDIT ' nvm no ps3 LOL

Why isn't it guaranteed, can the opponent tech after the 236K in time to block the 236A?
Back in that 236K thread I started ages back, it was determined to be blockable when we started discussing follow up options.

Both 3A+K and 236A can be blocked on reaction. . . . I only would use if they don't tech roll.
Stick to 2B+KB or a+bG or jump forward for BT mix ups if they do a side tech roll. Use 33B to catch them too.

Also, the CPU avoided my 236A entirely just now in BD with an ukemi to the right.

after 236K, the best followup is A+Bg is the best followup. 236A is blockable and extremely unsafe. 2B+K is techable.

And against Nightmare, if they try to GS, I like to throw out 236K immediately. It will beat all of nightmares options except GS KK. If they do just start doing GS KK in block strings, duck the second hit and punish him.

thanks for tips ill be working on knowimg my stuff better. i just really froze up and didnt feel like i was playing to my best at all. hopefully ill make it to another one soon and see if i can rep him better.

i know my punishing was really bad but im working on it.

also its hard but you can 236k nightmares 6KK (i think thats it the double punch thingy. (but better to 1B timing is less strict))

also 236k > 236A isnt combo, it just works well.

Back