woooooohooooo torny this weekend

twiggywales

[08] Mercenary
first proper offline torny this weekend, ill try and get you some vids if i can,

wish me luck repping the main man.

(any tips for success then chuck em my way)

Last time I saw Tade use GS in one of our matches was.........wait, I don't think I ever saw him use GS...

twiggy....I got words of advice for you..........3A+K that shit is tough to react to OFFLINE!!

But ur like me, you like longer strings and combos. But keep it simple. Lots of 4B, 3B starters, LI mixups & cancels (seems to fool people) 3K, 33K, NO WS B's everyone keeps telling me that and I know why know. I have found that 4B from crouch has way better options (thanx uber1337) Keep a simple focus to your attack and spam out 3A+K like your a $5 prostitute!!

Good luck my friend!!

Cant wait to see how you do. Ill be cheering for you mate!! 3A+K, 3A+K, rince, lather, repeat!!

HRD

I concur, LI b cancels work better in tournaments in my experience since people are more stiff and wanna be safe. Im not sure they are worth it though, unless you can get a ring out or wall splatt out of it. Better to 4bg or 4bg,2a on block. For me 3a+k works best after sudden interrupts like highs by 1b hit or 3k/33k anything suprising. I pretty much only do it on hit confirm offline, I have the idea that it shortens their reaction window. 1b hit pushback into 3a+k has worked 85% of the time in the two tournies ive been to. Lots of b+k,bb. Hit confirm everything before going into strings. Pokes are good, Maxi is pretty slow so... 2b hit into fc b hit into - fc 3a/22,88 a/33a those are great.

unfortunatly i drew to very hard fights in the first round.

sotirislive, my arch enemy, maxi player (finished fourth over all)(there is a vid of us playing once i find out who has it lol) and he knows every trick i pull and he has very very good reactoins (next time i think i will have to use kilik on him as i can beat him with kilik.) although i can beat him with maxi it is so much more difficult.

and

Zaigonen, mitsu player (finished first over all) that has played me a offline before so again knew my tricks and techs and he is very good.

so unfortuantly i came third in the first round not making it in to the semis.

i know that i can beat everyone there but unfortunatly on the day i didnt, i played a bit to sloopy in the torny and i think i maybe spent too much time playing before hand and kinda zoned out.

i did whore out 3A+K and the 1B 3A+K is lovely. also from ROK2A 44B seems to work really well. (oh and i can block 3A+K 80-90%)

next time i shall be more prepared (i haent really played since CoD BO came out and my frames are a little rusty) and ill make sure im not tired and have eaten properly etc to ensure that my mind is focused.

this being said mr Testiskulls ((Trademasu) (finshed 2nd in torny (congrats)) up there that was saying he was gonna trash me failed to do the deed... :P there are vids (once i get em) of me trashing his nightmare 2-0 :P (and they were just the ones i recorded) :P

so GGs allround and ill try to find who has the vids.

Ah, nothing to be ashamed of man.

It´s just a ridicilous uphill battle for a SCIV Maxi player if the opponent knows Maxi´s tricks and stances.

Looking forward to the videos.

there is one up atm i win but its sooo awful, i was playing very bad by that point, seriously, no hit confirms, super unsafe, rediculos move, im honestly surprised i won. ill link it later. im hoping others will be up which in my memory were better even though i lost them.

Just one question. Against that other Maxi, you punished a blocked 3A+K only with FC3AAAA...

Why? I mean, there should be way better ways, like 4BBK(forced block) or something like that.

Were you nervous? ^^

I liked the vids twiggy. I LOVED to constant use of 3A+K. I see you took my advice...hehe. I cant say that I wouldve done any better. Think you did better than what I wouldve done.

@Jag, why would you punish someone with a move that can be blocked. FC3AAA is gauraunteed punishment. 4BBK is not. Nor can I think of anything else thats a suitable punishment!!

HRD

actually 3A+K IS punishable by 4BB and it is the best punisher in that situation. In fact, there is never really a situation in which FC 3AAA is an optimal punisher. FC 3A is i27 and only does like 15 damage. If you can land FC 3A for free, that means you could have landed something much more powerful.

Ive got some additions on your style. 3a+k on hit goes into 44bg, opponent can only guard it(free soul gauge damage) (safe on guard) 44bg hit leads to guaranteed 66b+k. The one way to avoid 44b is to 2g/8g immediatelly after 3a+k knockdown, not many people do it. It is worth it until they learn it. U never followed 4bbk knockdown up with 2b+k, why? 4bbk guard gives great +frames 2a, 1b are great followups or just take a step back and guard - fishing for your opponents attempt to poke with 2a, aa or whatever they will miss. (your opponents can do the same to avoid your 2a, 1b, but only the best SC minds will get that). The +frame adv is still in your favour. Even good players will be annoyed by the frame adv mix up.

actully yes i was. my punishing was truly awful throughout the whole thing. it was my first torny and i knew that guy would be a very hard fight.

i was paniky and i didnt play to my full potential at all. maybe next time ill preform better.

btw here are the vids of me stomping testicskulls (trademasu) over and over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIQJtrPB1oU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M0dqsNSy3s

Ah, first tourney... Yeah panic can be pretty normal then. ^^

I liked the vids twiggy. I LOVED to constant use of 3A+K. I see you took my advice...hehe. I cant say that I wouldve done any better. Think you did better than what I wouldve done.

@Jag, why would you punish someone with a move that can be blocked. FC3AAA is gauraunteed punishment. 4BBK is not. Nor can I think of anything else thats a suitable punishment!!

HRD

Like others posted, 4BBK is a NC until K and it gives then 2+ on block and as long as 4BB hits, it´s forced block. And it does more damage than FC3AAA ;)

Back