World game cup 2010

Please, read lol

The fact that the cash-prize is connected to the number of players was announced since the first day ! It is in the official presentation of the event, in my first post about cannes :

"
REGISTRATION AND PRIZE MONEY

You can register on the website (open in November 2009), or directly at the event. We recommend online as there might not be enough openings on the spot.

Only the "Main Event" tournaments will have a cash prize. 100% of the subscription fees will go to the pot, bringing the total amount to over € 10.000 *

* estimated cash prize - we believe it to be pretty accurate, but the exact amount will depend on the number of attending player

"

As you can see, and read everywhere in fact, it is not, and has never been a surprise or something hidden by us.

Anyway, 10 000 € should be the final pot. In fact, if you put together all the maximum cash-prize, you are arround 15 000 €. But, as you said, we won't get the maximum cash-prize. That is why, we estimated 10 000 in a configuration where we don't reach the maximum.

Then, this is maybe the first time in tournament's history that this kind of event delivers 100% of the registration money to the winner. We don't earn one cents lol

moreover, 2400 € is something like 3600$... think about that !

asenka: You have to admit, you guys were pretty sly.. going around saying "The prize will be up to €3800" very very often.
It's really common knowledge that people don't read everything they see on the Internet...
I mean even knowing how the prize format goes, everytime someone asks me how much the prize is, I reply "Possibly €3800".. because people have been spamming that number everywhere :P

World game cup 2010 Hote's

Doe's anyone know of a close hotels in the area that is affordable? if so post it as soon as possible! merci!

UP

France:
Saitoh (capitaine) - Astaroth
DTN - Yoshimitsu
Scud - Ivy
Keysona - Mitsurugi
Maxou - Setsuka
Kira - Cervantes
Ahriman - Voldo
Dina - Hilde

Germany:
Docvizzo (captain) [Cervantes]
daGOTTh [Sophitia]
Neo [Kilik]
Sacharja [Siegfried]
Kalas [Xianghua]
Adamas [Taki]

Italia:
SatanaXXX (captain) - Astaroth
LEVA - Siegfried
Andy - Voldo
Rikimaru - Taki
DevilKazuya - Raphael
Kira - Amy
Redihokuto - Mitsurugi
Coden - Cervantes

Spain:
Trace (captain) (Setsuka)
Alex3D (Amy)
Samael (Ivy)
Sacred (Sophitia)
Riku (Seung-Mina)
Mistu (Mitsurugi)
Aivan (Cervantes)
????

Suisse:
Kawaks (capitaine) - ????
Greven - Nightmare
Furzy - Yoshimitsu
Cliff - Kilik
Bun - Mitsurugi
Kaio - Cassandra
Ming - Raphael
Dark Troy - Siegfried

Belgique:
Alukard (capitaine) - Cassandra
Tsubasa - Mitsurugi
SLS - Sophitia
JTB - Amy
Zou - Ivy

USA:
KDZ (captain) - ????
S-U - Kilik
Essom - Voldo
RTD - Hilde
Thuggish Pond - Amy

Singapore:
Shen Chan (captain) ????
Shen Yuan ????
Shen Yu ????
Aheda ????
DTArchon ????

World game cup 2010 Hote's

Doe's anyone know of a close hotels in the area that is affordable? if so post it as soon as possible! merci!

Yo don't book so fast. U might be able to room with me, Thuggish, Esom.

http://www.worldgamecup.com/articles.php?article=8797

These one are close (5 min by bus, 15/20 min by foot) and cheap.
Everyone will be there.

You can book by mail or phone.
Just ask them.

Which one is best Malek. The one on the top or the one on the bottom since there are two on the page. For Example.....

1. Which one is closest to the airport?
2. Which one are most of the French staying at so we can all be in the same vicinity?
3. Which one is closer to the bus that gets u to the Main Event location?

They are close to each other. From one to the other, you have to walk 10 secondes...
Most of the European will be at MAEVA. But some will be at BEACH.

Both are far from the airport but close to the event.

From airport to Cannes, you will have to take a bus:
http://uk.niceairportxpress.com/
(Bus N° CANNES L210) from "Nice airport" to "Cannes hotel de Ville"

Once there, event is at 1 min and hotel at 5 min.
I give my phone number to KDZ and RTD. Ask them if you need it too.

Bus stop is near the hotels. (less than a minute walk.)

Just pointing out I Registered PayPal in all the tournaments i'm entering as S-U. The previous Something-Unique Pre-Registered name is no longer needed and can be erased if u can erase it as I am registered under S-U.

Team USA:
I also Registered PayPal for Soul Calibur 5vs5 as Player Number 4. I'm on the pre-registered list however because the other teammates need to register as well. I didn't put down a Name for the Team cause I do not know what the name of it is. Thugish_Pond I think u need to take the Captain position as u are the best in the U.S. and it would be fitting. Other than that if u have PayPal I think its best to register that way as u will save cash and u will not have to wait on extensive lines (just some advice Team USA).

Malek:
Can u PM ur number please? HumanTyphoon, Thugish_Pond, Esom, and Me are gonna be staying at BEACH in a 4 person setup as well. Thanks for the bus info and please PM me ur number just in case I get lost over there I will need to be able to contact someone as not to get disqualified attempting to find my way. I arrive over there at 9:30 AM Friday.

Edit:

Malek just to double check so I do not make any mistakes I am catching Cannes L210 from NICE Aeroport Terminal 1 or 2 to CANNES Hotel de Ville and based on the front page of the website http://uk.niceairportxpress.com/ its about 45-60 Minutes right?

Once I arrive there the the location for the event is within 1 Minute and the BEACH is about 5-10 Minutes? When I am leaving Monday morning I walk 5-10 Minutes to the same BUS going back to the airport from the hotel correct?

The BUS that I am booking a ticket for that takes me to Cannes Hotel de Ville mentions this.

210 (BUS Line)

Depart: (To Event) 05/03/2010
10:30 - NICE Aéroport Terminal 1 ~ 11h20 - CANNES Hotel de Ville (Please tell me the 11h20 Means 50 Minutes difference in France and not hours)

Depart: (Return) 08/03/2010
07:00 - CANNES Hôtel de Ville ~ 07h50 - NICE Aéroport Terminal 1 (Please tell me the 07h50 Means 50 Minutes difference in France and not hours)

Man youre coming late. Gonna be hard to do all your MM on 3 days when you play in 3 SC tourneys, 1 Tekken Tourney, 1 SF Tourney + Jetlag :)

i call shotgun on our Cervantes-Kilik FTF!!!

Edit: SU i also have to go to the airport on monday morning, dont worry, we will get you there :)

Docvizzo:

Can u help with some of the above info if u can. U may have missed some since I was editing (specifically the time on the booked bus). I hope France refers to time differenly and I am not reading hours for that one bus.

Also i'm no longer participating in the SF4 tournaments. My skill level isn't there yet and I decided to focus on T6BR and SC4 instead since Daigo, Justing Wong, Fuudo, Eita, Desora etc. are gonna be there its pretty much a done deal.

I always show up to tournaments late. I always show up the proceeding day with no sleep. It doesn't phase me so I think i'm solid but I'll make sure to be top notch for SC tournaments one way or the other.

Hi guys, If some of you are looking for teammates, my partner Nounours (Asta and raphael player) and me are searching for some mates.

I'm ready for some freeplay or 0-3€ MM (3€ MAX except if I win more than 3€, but I don't think so). With my lack of experience and match-ups I won't be a big threat for you :p If you want easy money I'm your man.

Just pointing out I Registered PayPal in all the tournaments i'm entering as S-U. The previous Something-Unique Pre-Registered name is no longer needed and can be erased if u can erase it as I am registered under S-U.

Team USA:
I also Registered PayPal for Soul Calibur 5vs5 as Player Number 4. I'm on the pre-registered list however because the other teammates need to register as well. I didn't put down a Name for the Team cause I do not know what the name of it is. Thugish_Pond I think u need to take the Captain position as u are the best in the U.S. and it would be fitting. Other than that if u have PayPal I think its best to register that way as u will save cash and u will not have to wait on extensive lines (just some advice Team USA).

Malek:
Can u PM ur number please? HumanTyphoon, Thugish_Pond, Esom, and Me are gonna be staying at BEACH in a 4 person setup as well. Thanks for the bus info and please PM me ur number just in case I get lost over there I will need to be able to contact someone as not to get disqualified attempting to find my way. I arrive over there at 9:30 AM Friday.

Edit:

Malek just to double check so I do not make any mistakes I am catching Cannes L210 from NICE Aeroport Terminal 1 or 2 to CANNES Hotel de Ville and based on the front page of the website http://uk.niceairportxpress.com/ its about 45-60 Minutes right?

Once I arrive there the the location for the event is within 1 Minute and the BEACH is about 5-10 Minutes? When I am leaving Monday morning I walk 5-10 Minutes to the same BUS going back to the airport from the hotel correct?

The BUS that I am booking a ticket for that takes me to Cannes Hotel de Ville mentions this.

210 (BUS Line)

Depart: (To Event) 05/03/2010
10:30 - NICE Aéroport Terminal 1 ~ 11h20 - CANNES Hotel de Ville (Please tell me the 11h20 Means 50 Minutes difference in France and not hours)

Depart: (Return) 08/03/2010
07:00 - CANNES Hôtel de Ville ~ 07h50 - NICE Aéroport Terminal 1 (Please tell me the 07h50 Means 50 Minutes difference in France and not hours)

Answer by pm.

I like SU's imitative to get things rolling. Your registration was just missing some stuff, so I re-registered us with all the information complete. Also, I am already the captain of Team USA, so that slot is already filled.

S-U said he paid, so all I need is 10.6 euro from awESOMe, thugish_pond, and RTD.
I'll pay the 40 euro myself up front and we'll handle that later
I'll let them know to close the empty team and move S-U's 10euro entry fee to the new team.

As of now I am once again looking for a teammate in SF4, which I intent fully to win THROUGH all 4 japanese players. Don't give up hope.

Other than that, most of Team USA has their accommodations set. Omar, Damien, and Esom (possibly Human Typhoon as well) are staying together, and Robert is staying with his wife in a separate location.

I chose to stay at one of the WGC featured hotels, in the city center. I need a single roommate (possibly 2). If anyone in Team USA doesn't want to be too cramped or wants a guaranteed bed, come with me. If anyone else is looking for a room, has good hygiene (we'll be there for 5 days), and doesn't mind a room mostly devoid of gameplay in favor of vacation shit, contact me.

Just wanted to add this. In regards to the National Team Tournament Special Event on Saturday (The one with each nation vs. each other) TheHumanTyphoon should have a spot as a U.S competitor who happens to be going out there. Therefore making the team a grand total of 6 people. I personally do not mind subbing myself out one or 2 matches for him to play.

On the issue of the 5vs5 (the one with the cash) I also do not mind doing the same thing but that's another story that really does need discussion within the team as there is cash involved. However I do not mind personally subbing myself out a match or two if he wishes to participate. But again there is cash on the line so i'm not sure how the rest of the team feels about it. The National Team Tournament however I think TheHumanTyphoon rightfully deserves a spot since he is out there, is a member of the U.S, and the allowed slots are 8. Again I do not mind subbing myself out if no one else is willing to.

Omar, esom, Damien our room is 883 I left the key at the front desk jus tell them your name!My phone has no signal!

Hihi, getting on the plane now. Malcom can you post or pm directions from the bus stop in cannes to the hotel for me please? Thanks

Or I guess just the name and address and ill grab a taxi :)

See ya all in a couple hours!!!

Wow, I can't believe this is already starting. I know it's not for a few days, but good luck to everyone in Team USA in the world team tournament! Not that you guys need the luck, haha.

Hihi, getting on the plane now. Malcom can you post or pm directions from the bus stop in cannes to the hotel for me please? Thanks

Or I guess just the name and address and ill grab a taxi :)

See ya all in a couple hours!!!

Canne beach hotel. Cannes La bocca

Cannes - Résidence Pierre & Vacances Cannes Beach

At front desk, Esom say your name and room 883 and they will give u the room key.
take the number 2 bus or 20 to place de marche. when u get off take a left cross street at the corner take another left cross the street walk up some then take another left.

Please Please Please someone get as many gameplay videos as you can. Is there gonna be a DVD for the SC tournament?

Back