World Tournament USA team status

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTD

SC4 International Champ
hey guys, i just got back from Thailand, so I've been out of the loop. anyway, let's start keeping track with what's going on with team usa.

the first question is, who's going?

if you bought your plane ticket, how much did you pay and give us some details on the flight?

Who plans on going?

Who is waiting on some contingency to be met before going? If so, what's the contingency?

For the people in the following list, what's your status?

• thugish_pond from Illinois, playing Amy (alternate: Dreamkiller from New York)
• KDZaster from New Jersey, playing Cassandra
• Something-Unique from New York, playing Kilik
• RTD from Georgia, playing Hilde (alternate: Ceirnian from California)
• Linkrkc from Texas, playing Ivy (alternate: Woahhzz from Pennsylvania)
• Ramon from New York, playing Sophitia (alternate: Suirad from Florida)
• AlphaMale from Texas, playing Voldo (alternate: Manta from California)

Once we get everyone's tickets squared away, we can look into setting up training, places to stay, and meeting.

For me, i'd like to go but tickets look pricey(800 or 900) so far and i don't know if they will let me customize Hilde with the hat because I'm undefeated with it. If they let me wear it, the rest of you won't have to worry about going.

but I'm looking at ticket prices now and I'm checking with Malek on the hat. I'll let you guys know what's up.

Let's go USA!!!

The hat doesn't fit in the SC storyline, so it will probably be banned.

Otherwise I want Vader unbanned. >_>

What was you doing in Thailand? I have a house out there.

Off the bat, Link and Alphamale aren't going. Manta should know in a week. Woahhzz can't go because he can't afford to go to France. Everyone else needs to say something if they are going or aren't so someone else can be selected.

If you are going, then don't wait until the last minute to buy a plane ticket or get a passport if you haven't got one already. Passports take 3 months unless you pay for a rush job which takes 3 days. The rush job for my passport was $140 back in 2004.

hahhaha I would like to go but I wouldn't compete in the team USA thing, probably just hang out and enjoy my vacation and compete in the singles tournament...

wait why am I posting this in the team USA thread?

If AlphaMale can't go, why not place Bibulus on the list?

He's a voldo player, he's the best voldo in the NE (which is the most actively competitive SC4 community), and he has a lot of experience against French players, since he played against them for almost a week straight at his house. The French also are weak against Voldo, so not only did he do well against them, but we'll need a Voldo for this.

He already has a ticket there, so that would also be one taken care of.

I'll be able to go regardless, and I've had a passport since I was born, so that should take care of two players if you'll let him in.

Since my name is on the list and the question is about the list...

I can't go, no moola.

If you are going, then don't wait until the last minute to buy a plane ticket or get a passport if you haven't got one already. Passports take 3 months unless you pay for a rush job which takes 3 days. The rush job for my passport was $140 back in 2004.
passports don't take 3 months, they take a month and a half tops, cost about $100. a regular rush job is gonna cost around $160 and you get it in 10 days to 2 weeks. 3 day jobs as far as I know cost more like $320. part of my job to know that kinda shit. apparantly, on top of the plane tickets you also have to pay some kinda tax to enter most countries and France is one of the highest, just what I heard. I'm spending all my money on my car, much better investment.
http://www.facebook.com/inbox/?ref=mb#/photo.php?pid=38733125&id=33008949

Based on a recent conversation between RTD, Thuggish, and Me we all came to the conclusion that Esom should be the 5th member for a number of reasons. It also helps that he is 100% guaranteed to go and he would be an excellent representative for Voldo a character that is important to the team.

Since the clock is counting down fast this is an excellent decision and we now have the team;

1. Thuggish_Pond (Amy)
2. RTD (Hilde)
3. Something-Unique (Kilik)
4. KDZaster (Cassandra)
5. Esom (Voldo)

The status on the team is 2 are guaranteed regardless of donation funds and the other 3 are guaranteed based on the amount of the donation funds because without it neither of the 3 can attend.

Guaranteed:

Esom
KDZ (Based on his above comment)

Guaranteed based on the amount being distributed to them from donations:

Thuggish_Pond
RTD
Something-Unique

That's the current status and its clear the direction all future donations are being allocated to.

No, lets not put it that way.

I'm saying that I'm not going to let the amount of donations stop me from going to France.
I'm NOT saying that I no longer want nor need donations.

Those donations need to be split 5 ways, regardless of how much money is made in them, to those who CAN go to France. Otherwise, people end up getting fucked over.
Remember, this donations drive wont cover everything. Cost of living is really expensive there. So if someone on the list thinks they can't afford to eat while there, seriously consider whether or not you can or can't go.

Also, why are these random RTD SU Thuggish talks happening?
The choice on slot #5 should really be done in public, where the outcome can be critiqued.

Wait a minute. Where are all these reasons why Esom is better than Bibulus? I'm curious.

For the people in the following list, what's your status?

• thugish_pond from Illinois, playing Amy (alternate: Dreamkiller from New York)
• KDZaster from New Jersey, playing Cassandra
• Something-Unique from New York, playing Kilik
• RTD from Georgia, playing Hilde (alternate: Ceirnian from California)
• Linkrkc from Texas, playing Ivy (alternate: Woahhzz from Pennsylvania)
• Ramon from New York, playing Sophitia (alternate: Suirad from Florida)
• AlphaMale from Texas, playing Voldo (alternate: Manta from California)

Simple math, common sense, etc.

Alphamale
Linkrkc, Woahhzz
Ramon, Suirad

Confirmed people who are not going. Not to mention the team having a Voldo was preferable since the announcement of this event. In terms of results Esom is just as good of a pick as Manta if not better. The tournament is just around the corner and we are still here debating who the 5th member is. Makes me wonder when the 5th member would be chosen. Call me crazy but I think the initiative has to be taken.

Also the team needs 5 people not 1. The only way people would get fucked over on funds is if someone felt salty that another competitor on the team got more donation cash than him regardless of the fact that some people (plural) need it more than others which was stated from the jump a long time ago as well.

I believe there was some talk going on about team chemistry in that other thread if i'm correct. In fact there was always team chemistry between other team members it just didn't need its own couple of posts. Discussing and coming to the conclusion about the reasons for having our 5th member seems to be a combination of teamwork/chemistry. That also includes being considerate to the other team members and accepting that some members need more cash than others in good faith. If I feel someone needs more donation funds than me if I can still make it there without it or less of it then I support that because there is no greed in my book which is another aspect of teamwork/chemistry.

hey guys, let's pull it together. Since we're just gamers, we all need the donation money. But basically, all we need to do is get to France and we will win our money back; especially since the Euro is stronger than the US dollar. The donations will help too.

Once we get there, we will stay with each other and eat crackers to cut costs.

For now, all we know is that if SU and Thuggish don't get additional assistance, they may not be able to buy a plane ticket.

I offered to lend them $100-200 dollars if need be to buy the tickets. They get their paychecks next week but tickets could skyrocket by then.

As for the last Voldo, we can let Bib, Manta and Essom slug it out in all fairness. The terms would be 1st to 10 over PSN and the person who wins the most games gets selected. That's just one suggestion.

Aside from that, we need to start thinking about ways to help each other, because once we leave the US, we are all we have.

Buddy, let's get this straight.
Team Chemistry?
You guys had some random secret meeting about the 5th member that I wasn't part of. Guess that proves there is chemistry between you and RTD, and you liked Thuggish enough to include him.

What I've been saying is that if we don't get enough funds so I CANT go to France, I'm fucked over.
And if people get their whole trip payed while I'm spending thousands to get and stay there, I'm fucked over.

It may sound petty and selfish, but the fact that you guys haven't saved any money from all the tournaments you keep winning is pretty fucking irresponsible. You should be able to afford this ticket twice over.

I'm not a mature, seasoned, responsible adult like RTD. I'm still young, and as a result I would rather NOT have a dick shoved into my ass over this.

uneven distribution is a horrible idea. it really seems like there is some cash hustling going down. also if, after all donations are split, some members cannot go, are there not a number of backups that could?

As for the last Voldo, we can let Bib, Manta and Essom slug it out in all fairness. The terms would be 1st to 10 over PSN and the person who wins the most games gets selected. That's just one suggestion.

Good idea meng. And in all fairness we should also get those frenchies to let people play in the tourney via PSN. That way I won't have to spend money to go there and just play from my couch. :)

1. Bibulus has had a ticket to France for over a month now.
2. He also has the most experience against the French out of all the Voldos in the US bar none
3. He played them for more than a week straight, and he was BEATING them.
4. He lives in the most actively competitive, if not the hardest to win-in region in the entire USA.

Whoever is better notwithstanding, why isn't he already on the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back