Worst Move on SC4

AM64

[09] Warrior
This is something I thought about over the weekend: what is the single worst move on Soulcalibur 4? There are so many choices, but my pick has to be Astaroth's Demented Moon (236B+K). Pathetically slow (88 frame start up) and insultingly linear. Sure, it's unblockable, but I can't think of a single move that telegraphs itself more than this one. I don't think in all of the hundreds of hours that I've played Soulcalibur that I've ever been hit by this move. Even back when I thought Necrid was broken because 6AAA hit mid and low in the same combo, this move still sucked.

What do you think is the worst move on Soulcalibur 4?

I dunno, Tira's 4[A+B] has to be a canidate. She can hold it indefinately, BUT IT DOESN'T TRACK if they step even slightly while she holds it (you can walk completley to her back and if she releases it, it will attack at the original position she held it at). It only gives her dmg potential near a wall and leaves her at -15 on block. But she gets NOTHING for holding it, she can be hit, and it can be stepped easily for full launch punish.

Also her JS B+K counter has to be up there. It has an insultingly small auto-GI window, and it guarantees nothing, once she GI's she needs to be struck again to activate the actual counter (thats right, it's a 2 part counter), she can be thrown out of that, so anyone who knows that, gets a free throw on her. Retarded.

cha cha

Srry this one goes straight to Rock.1K series .No possibe way to ever complete the string and 1K doesnt really guarantee anything on hit .This move Auto Fails

Ivy WP 2A. Tell me why someone would need an i18 SL thats punishable on block, and - on hit? Did I mention it only does 8 damage?

/edit/ Damn, just found out it TCs, thats gonna make it harder to win the award.

Vader's 1AB ( I think) Its the one where he crouches, moves back, and slashes. It hits low when it does connect but it almost always whiffs

Nightmares 4b hands down is the worse move in the game.

Its not good on GI
It doesn't do alot of damage.
Its incredibly slow.
Its linear as hell.
It doesn't really hurt soul gauge.
Its huge negative frames on block.

Yoda's 1A.

No there is no move worse than this. Slow,dis on block,probably dis. on hit, no range(literally you have to be somehow inside of yoda for it to hit), and as one of his only 4 low moves. . .It doesn't nothing. .

SK's 3a isn't very useful, but it doesn't get you killed for free like some of the other moves listed. I didn't know you could walk around Tira 4[A+B] like that, the move where she twirls it around her head and then lunges in, right? It's that easy to step? You shouldn't have told me that, Tira gimmicks like that still own me lol.

Mina's 6A+B. Linear, poor damage, unsafe on block, not even a NCC. It even kind of looks dumb. She has a lot of bad moves, but that's the worst. There just isn't a single situation where it would be useful.

Back