Xbox One Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm not excited, I can't wait for these overreactions to settle down.

at least from my perspective this isnt an over reaction. not only is it the future direction of gaming, its also my future career.
OH, SURE.

WHEN IT COMES TO SOULCALIBUR V, EVERYONE COMPLAINS THAT IT LACKS MODES AND FEATURES BECAUSE TOO MUCH FOCUS WAS SOLELY ON GAME PLAY.

THEN MICROSOFT STARTS TRYING TO PLEASE EVERYONE AND NOW YOU’RE ALL INSULTED THAT IT’S NOT HARDCORE ENOUGH.

JUST ADMIT YOU’RE ALL HIGH-MAINTENANCE NAGGING BITCHES AND ARE FAR TOO INCOMPETENT TO EVER SUGGEST OR BEGIN TO KNOW WHAT’S GOOD FOR YOU.

im not sure you know entirely what you're talking about here

first of all SCV was developed in a very short amount of time, and its easy to come to the conclusion that its rushed. certainly we're not all happy about it, i can count myself in that group, but one thing that everybody on this site pretty much can attest to is we're all grateful we even got a new Soul Calibur game period, since namco wasnt going to make one to begin with. certainly we complain and certainly it could be better, but at least it is there.

Microsoft isnt trying to please everybody here. microsoft is trying to make money - their intentions should be pretty obvious, i mean look at who they're teaming up with? EA. one of the greediest companies in the world.

What microsoft wants to do is cator to everybody. but they forgot one group, and thats the most important group. they forgot the gamers. they left us and hung us out to dry. imo we have every right to be unhappy about it. its destroying the world of gaming as we know it(perhaps not destroying but definitely having a majorly negative effect on it.

Let me ask you this: I have been gaming for over 18 years. i have played more games in my life than most people have ever seen. I am a very independant person who thinks for themself, and often goes against the flow, even under heavy criticism. I have played great games and horrible games alike, and I have lived my life by gaming. By choosing my career I have also devoted my life to enhancing and bringing more to the gaming experience. So how am I incompetent? Where is it anybody elses position to decide what is good for me?

Really I take great offense to your statement. Let me tell you some things about the market, us as consumers, and us as members of this conversation. We as the consumer have the RIGHT to demand more for our money. If we dont like something, we take our money to something else that satisfies us. In this case, XBOX does not satisfy us, so we will probably go to PS4. We partake in this conversation because we care, because this is a major part of our life being affected and we feel the need to take the initiative and talk about it. We are compitent and we are trying to preserve what is good with us. Really just because we dont think what a coorporation wants us to think does not mean we are wrong. If you never spoke out about something in your entire life, if you never cared about anything you would be nothing more than a human cattle. What seperates humans from the rest of the animal kingdom, is opposable thumbs, combined with the ability to ask questions.

In this particular situation we are using our abilities of perception to try and determine where this will take our future, and how our experience will suffer, and i can tell you that most of us have come to the conclusion that the result is quite negative. Certainly, if you want to go ahead and support microsoft, then go do it. but you dont exactly have a right to come in here and tell us what we can and should think, now do you? Newer =/= better. in the case of the PS4 it probably will be better, but microsoft has essentially alienated the hardcore gamers, even though that is what they built their console based empire off of to begin with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4Shtg7Z5loM#!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9ekOtn7L1N0
these two here are able to put into words better than i could ever. they are far more charasmatic, and they have a better command of the english language. If you want to know where we're coming from, watch these. But please dont tell us what we should think - for all you know we could feel the exact same way about you, but in order to keep things civil we refrain from saying such.

People are here to voice their concerns. Why dont we let them do that peacefully? If you're satisfied with microsofts work, then please pay no mind to us.

New concepts are never liked because people are not smart to adapt fast to them. They are blinded by their self ambition and stop thinking at a higher level.
I dont see wanting a proper gaming experience that I can enjoy long term for a good portion of my life to be ambitious. Newer =/= better. People who are really smart will think critically of what they're getting themselves into. Look Before You Leap.
This is Microsoft's big step towards moving everything to the cloud. Despite their aim being more centered in the "all-in-one" concept, they are still targeting the gaming audience, otherwise Xbox wouldn't play any games whatsoever.
Gamers dont want to go to the cloud. the cloud means once those servers go down and the games are no longer supported in 8 or 9 years, all of our games become nothing more than pieces of useless plastic, which is something we also dont want. On top of that microsoft is also deliberately harming the used game market only for financial gain. The XBOX is directed as a living room entertainment service, but how many hardcore gamers do you know wanna watch cable TV while they play say, soul calibur? If i want to watch TV, i have a cable box for that. If i want to get locked down by CD keys, i have a PC for that. if i want to skype somebody, i have a PC for that. if i want motion sensitivity, nobody does it better than Nintendo. by ridding themselves of the used game market by imposing fees and also thusly preventing local gamers from demoing their friends games before they buy, they are actually hurting the very gamers that you say the console was designed for. Everything done by this generation of xbox, harms the hardcore gaming market. certainly the guy who wants to come home, watch his netflix and play CoD wont suffer, but the guy who wants to replay his RPG that was made for XBOX ONE 10 or 12 years down the line will be SOL.
The presentation of the new features was simply a marketing strategy for them to capture the attention of non-gamers to purchase their product. You can't say Microsft and Sony are both aiming more towards performance because, if you look at their specs, they're both residing in the same level. Their focus is the marketing.
I dont believe we ever mentioned anything about performance(correct me if im wrong) the main issue here was actually DRM. microsoft has it, sony doesnt, thats a selling point on a PS4 for me if the console specs are the same.
This is coming from a PS4 person. I personally dislike and hate the Xbox, and I wish it would just die in a hole and take everyone who ever laid hands on it to the grave... but on a higher level of thinking, Xbox One is really an innovation for family entertainment.
But its about 359 steps back for hardcore gamers(unoriginal pun i know =P). hardcore gamers dont want family entertainment, they are perfectly content sitting in their havens playing the games they've always loved. Microsoft has no right to alienate them, and thats exactly what they're doing.

Please read my green text. I have addressed your points accordingly.

iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

edit:

In all seriousness, I'm probably just gonna stick with my current console for another year or two. No point in getting a PS4 or an X1.

This conference just disappointed me. It made it look like that Microsoft was TV first hand and games second with the XboxOne.
I've been a Nintendo and Xbox-boy for two gaming generations but... nope. This time i might go PS4 and WiiU. It isn't just because of this conference, no backwards compatibility, stupid code shit for every game, kinect 2, XBOX TELEVISION!!, how a fish move out of the way when you get too close to them, smartglass or how probably those 8 new IP's are stupid kinect games... okeyy it is but i've grown tired of their exclusives too. I'm (as Angry Joe puts it) Halo'd out. And Fable hasn't been good since the first game. I'm also tired of paying too play my games online.

I'm done with you X.

In all seriousness, I'm probably just gonna stick with my current console for another year or two. No point in getting a PS4 or an X1.

i'm gonna be doing the same, then again i'm not very hyped for either console. i think it's just because i don't wanna pay any money for an extra boost in visuals.

This conference just disappointed me. It made it look like that Microsoft was TV first hand and games second with the XboxOne.
I've been a Nintendo and Xbox-boy for two gaming generations but... nope. This time i might go PS4 and WiiU. It isn't just because of this conference, no backwards compatibility, stupid code shit for every game, kinect 2, XBOX TELEVISION!!, how a fish move out of the way when you get too close to them, smartglass or how probably those 8 new IP's are stupid kinect games... okeyy it is but i've grown tired of their exclusives too. I'm (as Angry Joe puts it) Halo'd out. And Fable hasn't been good since the first game. I'm also tired of paying too play my games online.

I'm done with you X.

Lol I agree!

I also think they should have thought up a better name than "One", it makes me thing of the original Xbox, I mean... what do we call it now? Xbox Original? They should have called it something much cooler like Xbox Infinity! Or Xbox Fusion.... So many possibilities.

Please help me understand why everyone thinks jumping ship to ps4 is the cure all for gaming? Xbox 1 is gonna have the exact same games and graphics minus console exclusive content. They basically have same technology Lol. The only difference will be controller and online gaming preference. Which buy the way is the same difference with current systems.

Today's technology allows for a device too do more than just play games. Look at your phone peeps. You bought it too talk but I'm betting you love the camera, HD recorder, internet, music player, video player, GAMES, texting and all the other shit I'm forgetting that your Phone does Lol.

Judging by comments here you guys are under the illusion that ps4 is a dedicated gaming console that only plays games Lol.

Please help me understand why everyone thinks jumping ship to ps4 is the cure all for gaming? Xbox 1 is gonna have the exact same games and graphics minus console exclusive content. They basically have same technology Lol. The only difference will be controller and online gaming preference. Which buy the way is the same difference with current systems.

Today's technology allows for a device too do more than just play games. Look at your phone peeps. You bought it too talk but I'm betting you love the camera, HD recorder, internet, music player, video player, GAMES, texting and all the other shit I'm forgetting that your Phone does Lol.

Judging by comments here you guys are under the illusion that ps4 is a dedicated gaming console that only plays games Lol.
The critic isnt about the consoles power or what extra functions it has - its about what it doesnt let you do.

I don't use my phone for any of that shit. The camera is shit, might as well buy a real camera if you want to take pictures, a camera can also record better than a damn phone. Internet for phones has been around since the early 2000's... The music player is shit, that's what my Sony Walkman is for. My Walkman can also play more video formats than my phone. The games are shit and kill your battery. Texting is a part of the phone. The only good thing about new phones is that they all have a Google powered GPS. New phones try to do so much even the phone part is shit. It's just a clusterfuck of shit...

Maybe I'm just old fashioned and prefer my devices to do things well. I would rather have a device that can do a single task well than do 50 tasks in a shitty fashion.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, phones do so much shit the batteries CONSTANTLY have to be charged to keep up with all the shit.

No I don't. I watch movies on my PC... I also don't use the disk for that. I rip the DVD/Bluray so I can watch it without worrying about the disc being scratched. That new Xbox is just a PC with severe limitations to what you can do. Every single thing they said you've been able to do on a PC for years and much better than that Xbox ever will. If people were smart and wanted to multitask like hell they would use a PC to do it. Not some Xbox that limits what you can do. A PC can do all those things because it has programs designed to do so in an effective manner. It shouldn't waste it's time doing things that it will never be good at. Only idiots want that new shitware.

It wouldn't be so bad if you could actually switch out the OS on the damn thing. It would be a nice cheap gaming rig. I'm not even mentioning the stupid gimmicks(kinect) that are coming with the X1.

How does SC play on your PC?
You asked if I watch DVDs on my Xbox. SC has nothing to do with that. More FGs should be for PC though. They wouldn't even have to patch their games if they released them for PC. The community could patch it but that's a different topic for a different time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back