Xiba Q&A / General Discussion

Here are some new wall combo I found lately:

WS K W! 6B+K W! 66BBB CE 121

WS K W! 3AB W! 6BK BE 90

WS K W! 3AB W! 66BBB CE 104.

It becomes a nice grab punishment :D

who here knew that 44K BE > 3AB combos lol

close range yeah, but that proberly where your gonna land it anyway

This actually lets this move leads to a RO forward or a RO to Xiba's right with 6B BE

who here knew that 44K BE > 3AB combos lol

close range yeah, but that proberly where your gonna land it anyway

This actually lets this move leads to a RO forward or a RO to Xiba's right with 6B BE

Yeah you can also get 3kB, but it is kind of useless compared to 3AB.

learning some xiba so that i'm not 100% derpy when i get him with edgemaster. so after WR KK:BE (if that the right input) what can you do if anything? i figured there's gotta be something since it has a hard knockdown.

learning some xiba so that i'm not 100% derpy when i get him with edgemaster. so after WR KK:BE (if that the right input) what can you do if anything? i figured there's gotta be something since it has a hard knockdown.

You don't get any combos, but it puts you in a good position to think and zone your opponent. I guess you could rush down and go for a mix up too (I prefer the zoning option personally).

is there a matchup that xiba is good against that nightmare isn't? can't seem to ignore the fact that nightmare has easier time killing than xiba.

44K BE is used for its TJ. Since it is generally known that you can hit Xiba out of his CE with a low, you will be able to land that move more often for people trying to anticipate CE. Will be useful for avoiding 2a and grabs too. Also, when blocked it does a lot of damage to the guard gauge.

what do you think of 33KB? is it a useful move or it's purely for gimmicks? what do you recommend doing from the back turned status after getting blocked or after a knock down?

On block I usually just move or block myself. You are at -7, but it pushes out a lot so it will be hard for your opponent to catch your step if you do it in a smart way. You can always say YOLO and go for an attack, but obviously this is situational and risky. This move does pretty good guard damage also. It is also a good reverse mix up because both hits are safe (1st hit slightly tracks iirc).

On hit you can combo into BT 2K every time. If they ukemi on hit (which they should or risk getting hit by BT B+K) you can get REM B as a force block. The only way the string will get punished is by aGIs, JG, or stepping the B to the right (only small characters [size 3] can step it).

One of the most useful situations for this move is when my back is to an edge since it crosses up on block. Xiba has other moves that will do this too like his A grab and 1A+B.

Overall this move is very good.

uggh... why can't I seem to use other characters as efficiently as the 1st character(well technically 2nd, but it's the 1st one I seriously read the frame data) that I picked up this game with?
for the longest time, I have been trying to learn other characters like nightmare, mitsu, voldo, asta, and recently try to put the them away and try to learn viola and poe, but every now and then I take out my xiba and am surprised that I can use this guy better than all the other characters I currently use even though I rarely even use him any more.

Must be the power bestowed by his superior. But yes, just like him; the one with the stick has always seemed to be a very efficient character even to those that don't use him. I suppose compared to Voldo and others he does not have as much complex moves to remember in contrast.

how do you block xiba's 33AA BE from knockdown and from standing?
I completely stopped using this move because every time I use it I get blocked and punished
but now people use it on me and I have no idea how to block the BE... help plz

Back