Xiba Q&A / General Discussion

Horizontals? hmm all ranges ex. low/mid/high?
Thank you for the info btw ^_^
No problem.

As far as I know it does all horizontal weapon attacks of all hit levels L/M/H. I don't main him though, just speaking from getting my shit pushed back in my face.

No problem.

As far as I know it does all horizontal weapon attacks of all hit levels L/M/H. I don't main him though, just speaking from getting my shit pushed back in my face.

I don't believe it GI's lows, I'm more than certain its mid's and high's

You can also GI his 1K ;)
Thanks for the heads up. I will be sure too not tell my boyfriend this lol. I love whoring out my 1Ks.

Edit:
Sad day in Pattycakes land because It works on his 66K, K, 4K, 44KK and 11K too. I guess it works on any horizontal attack. It doesn't have to be a weapon-based attack.

Thanks for the heads up. I will be sure too not tell my boyfriend this lol. I love whoring out my 1Ks.

Edit:
Sad day in Pattycakes land because It works on his 66K, K, 4K, 44KK and 11K too. I guess it works on any horizontal attack. It doesn't have to be a weapon-based attack.
It doesn't work on his 2K though. I think it does work on at least one character's 2K, but I forget which. I'll try and get a comprehensive REM guide up.

Update on REM stuff.

For ZWEI, REM will impact EIN moves except for 1K BE and 66A+B
For Viola, REM is half and half in her moveset it seems, I will write up specifics in a longer post.
For 2Ks, REM works against:
Aeon, Cervantes, Ezio, Ivy, Leixia, Natsu(1K and 2K), Maxi 1K, Mitsurugi (1K and 2K), Nightmare 1K, Pyrrha, Raphael, Siegfried 1K, Tira, Viola, and Yoshi(2K, FC 3K and FC 1K)

For completeness' sake, it does NOT work against:
aPat, Algol, Astaroth, Hilde, OPyrrha, Patroklos, Voldo or ZWEI.

I refuse to test Devil Jin and I cannot test Dampierre.

So I recently decided to get good at SCV after being a casual button masher with my friends since SCIII and I went to the new player section and asked for some advice on a character to main based on some criteria. One of the suggested characters was Xiba. I tried him and find him pretty interested so I was wondering if I could get some advice on things I should learn right off the bat about him. What combos are really good? what matchups does he have trouble with? what are some common beginner mistakes with Xiba? Also anything else you think I should know that I didn't specifically ask. I appreciate any and all help I receive and I thank all of you in advance.

So I recently decided to get good at SCV after being a casual button masher with my friends since SCIII and I went to the new player section and asked for some advice on a character to main based on some criteria. One of the suggested characters was Xiba. I tried him and find him pretty interested so I was wondering if I could get some advice on things I should learn right off the bat about him. What combos are really good? what matchups does he have trouble with? what are some common beginner mistakes with Xiba? Also anything else you think I should know that I didn't specifically ask. I appreciate any and all help I receive and I thank all of you in advance.
We used to have a Starter Guide here, but it was deleted for some reason. I'll get another one up. The Combos thread has all of his combos. In general, though:
Play a mid-to-long range game, using Xiba's reach to get damage.
Use 6A and 6B to fish for counter hits, with K as the occasional followup.
Use REM to GI horizontals and start the REM B combos.
3kB is a great punisher at i16 frames.
Xiba's moveset has a lot of moves that have TJs and TCs and technical sidesteps. Anticipate your opponent's attacks and punish them with the appropriate moves. You can also PM me with more specific questions (like certain move uses and whatnot).

Matchups are currently being discussed, and need some contributions!

We used to have a Starter Guide here, but it was deleted for some reason. I'll get another one up. The Combos thread has all of his combos. In general, though:
Play a mid-to-long range game, using Xiba's reach to get damage.
Use 6A and 6B to fish for counter hits, with K as the occasional followup.
Use REM to GI horizontals and start the REM B combos.
3kB is a great punisher at i16 frames.
Xiba's moveset has a lot of moves that have TJs and TCs and technical sidesteps. Anticipate your opponent's attacks and punish them with the appropriate moves. You can also PM me with more specific questions (like certain move uses and whatnot).

Matchups are currently being discussed, and need some contributions!
Hey man thanks for all the help. You were the one who actually recommended Xiba to me in the first place so thank you for that as well

Probably pretty obvious at this point but I want to make sure any prospective Xiba players see this.

Be careful using WS K with your back against an edge! I've rung myself out more than a few times doing that idiocy lol.

Be careful using WS K with your back against an edge! I've rung myself out more than a few times doing that idiocy lol.
I hate this. You could use it if you know you're going to get a kill, and in cases like that, it's worth it to use the BE version to ensure a kill.

Is there any point to Xiba's Crouch kick juggle BE (sorry don't know the code for crouch :P)

I've only ever used it to look flashy.

Is there any point to Xiba's Crouch kick juggle BE (sorry don't know the code for crouch :P)

I've only ever used it to look flashy.
The notation would be wsK BE

Annoying throw punish. Until he rings himself out at least lol. It combos with the 8wayrun move that throws you over his head (22B?) also.

Back