Xiba Q&A / General Discussion

Yeah, only use it if you're going for a kill or like to try to get the JF, which isn't that hard.

So there is a JF version? Does it do anything special like Yun's did and can you do the BE version as a JF too?
Well the BE version has a JF that does like... 6 more damage I think. I don't think frames matter much... you're still hella far away from the guy. Basically you want to hit A+B+K somewhere between the second and third kick. If you practice for like 15 minutes you can get it down pretty quickly.

They should really increase the damage on the JF, especially since we're spending meter to do it in the first place. Not that Xiba needs any buffs, but it's really just for lulz.

That move just doesn't make sense. I'm using half a meter and are good enough to land the JF, we should get something from it. I mean the JF causes a ground stun, which we can't convert from because it's still not long enough and we're still too far, and only does a minute increase in damage.

I guess that the thing is, you're looking at BE damage before any JF benefits. I think it's the only JF BE in the game... maybe they didn't know what to do with it.

The only comparable thing I can think of is aPat's FC 3B:bA+B+K... but you can only BE after you hit the JF in the first place. So I guess we have to look solely at the BE damage - JF use is just extra (and maybe that's how JF should be in the first place, thinking about what Idle said in chat a few days ago).

I guess that the thing is, you're looking at BE damage before any JF benefits. I think it's the only JF BE in the game... maybe they didn't know what to do with it.
Nightmare has 4K BE, which has a just frame for a fourth hit. Pretty useless though because the fourth hit prevents 2A+B from working properly in wall combos.

Nightmare has 4K BE, which has a just frame for a fourth hit. Pretty useless though because the fourth hit prevents 2A+B from working properly in wall combos.
Except the extra damage is on the B press, not the A+B+K press...
4K BE:B, not 4K:BE B

Still a good catch anyway, and it reinforces the point...

when do you use 44K standalone or the BE version? it's too slow to throw out in the open, but I also get punished when I do it on opponent wake up.

still can't xiba's 66A to work. 22AB/(B) are easy enough to use from afar, but I don't know what to do after 66A beside grab and 2K.
I don't ever see people doing 66A in tournament matches, there must be a reason for that.

I am able to use 80% of xiba's moves correctly now, but there are still some moves I am trying to figure out how to use properly

and how exactly do you do 22B, G, 3kB?
I know I am supposed to be holding G as soon as I turn around, but 3kB is not easy to time by itself, turning around makes it even harder to guess when the right timing for 3k should be

and how exactly do you do 22B, G, 3kB?
I know I am supposed to be holding G as soon as I turn around, but 3kB is not easy to time by itself, turning around makes it even harder to guess when the right timing for 3k should be

Don't get why you'd would want to do that move from that launcher.

I think the Xiba combo thread needs a revamp, since some of the damage is wrong and string's aren't at their full potential.

this combo is for the extra push for the ring out. if your back is facing the edge, but you are not that close to it, you can do the 3kB to push the guy further out after 22B. it's like pyrrha's B+K after 33B, but xiba needs to turn around to do this.

Well when I tried to do it earlier I could only get the low to hit and not the kick.

Wouldn't WR KK be better for a push?

(Also, Xiba doesn't have a 3kB, just a kB, if that's the attack you mean.)

pretty decent move, it can be used as ranged whiff punish if you know for certain it will hit while opponent can't move. but the mandatory pushback combo ender after 22B is something I just can't figure out, I always end up doing 3B or 3K instead.

the best turn around combos are so hard to do no matter which character I try to do it with.

lol shit, of course the shoulder bash, sorry all the moves are in my fingers instead of my head .__.

Anyway, I'll try it. Have you tried what I said earlier? Doing is WR KK?

Edit: I've done the move you said and its hard to pull off, you have to hit them just as they bounce from the ground.

wow, turns out this is actually pretty easy to do on a stick, much easier than iGDR or ivy's cr1B G 6B8.

I was doing this the usual way, press and hold G, 1st moment turn around, press 3 and then tap kB, but then I realized I could just do 3k finger slide to A+B+K. the problem with the holding G part is that I have to tab the buttons with middle and ring finger for B and K and it's unintuitive to press k then B, so I just finger slide k to A+B+K button and it works out. the timing isn't even that strict.

I wish there another way where I don't need to hold G, but so far it's the only way I can connect 22B to wrKK

I usually hold 2G instead of pressing 2G because I don't know the exact timing to press 2G. so I just hold it, wait till he turns around the 1st moment noticeable, and then do KK.

Back