Xiba Video Thread

0:43 in the last video - I hope this won't happen very often... the orb basically covered the entire screen.

0:43 in the last video - I hope this won't happen very often... the orb basically covered the entire screen.

There have been a few videos I've seen where the ball is a little obstructive. Same thing with Ein.

I would not be surprised if someone finds reliable mix up tactics with Ein or the ball that involved putting either one in the view of the camera.

Apparently you didn't make him bleed much. :P

Hope you don't mind if I point out a couple of things.

0:51 AAK is NCc only, so you could have blocked it here.
1:38 In SC there's something called Air Control. When something hits you out of the air, you can actually hit any direction to try to move out of the way of the rest of the combo (Some juggles specifically prevent this) so this RO would have been avoided.

Justin Wong was complaining on his stream that there's too many moves to remember. Not surprised but the limited move usage here.

Reactions: C_3
XIBA IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS.

HE HAS A TRANSITION AFTER 22A!!!!!! HE CAN TRANSITION AFTER 4(B)!!!!! OH MY GOD... WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THAT EX LOW MOVE? IS THAT ALL GUARANTEED ON CH????!!!!! WHY DOES HIS EX MOVES TAKE OFF SO MUCH IN GENERAL? WHERE IN THE FUCK IS MY COPY OF THIS GAME ALREADY?

XIBA IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS.

HE HAS A TRANSITION AFTER 22A!!!!!! HE CAN TRANSITION AFTER 4(B)!!!!! OH MY GOD... WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THAT EX LOW MOVE? IS THAT ALL GUARANTEED ON CH????!!!!! WHY DOES HIS EX MOVES TAKE OFF SO MUCH IN GENERAL? WHERE IN THE FUCK IS MY COPY OF THIS GAME ALREADY?

He can also go into his REM (Remembrance Stance) pressing B[ B] (allowing him to mix up opponent's even further)

wing_zero : 22A(B) a bit gimmicky. And people generally move too much in this game to for 4(B+K) to do anything. 33AA BE is NCc but situational. I'm not too sure how. I'll test it sometime after I finish turning my Xiba pink.

Your copy of the game is waiting for you in the realm where you decide you want to be awesome and Singaporean :)

22A has always been a consistent, reliable step killer. If REM B does heavy guard damage....22A CH just got that much nastier. something that does worry me is that I don't see any reverse mixup options. 6AA, 46B, 1B, 4B+K...these are all moves that saw heavy use in SC4. Without those, other chars are just going to run Xiba over (see Hayate v. kayane above), UNLESS there is something that I'm missing...

ON ANOTHER HAND, if his 2A gives heavy frame advantage on hit like everyone else's...it may not be needed. it also Appears that Xiba does not have a shitty step like Kilik...

The problem is the transition is unsafe as hell. Moves out of REM are really slow, characters with fast Bs can BB you on reaction. 22A on the other hand is still a great step killer. You'll probably want to just use it and check for counter hit but if you're talking about using 22A(B) for mixup/pressure. That's gimmicky at best.

Yeah... Kilik had a much better horizontal game, as far as I can tell. The more I play Xiba, the more I miss things like 6AAA, 66AA... or even his sidesteps (out of BB, AA or moument). I also feel like Xibas 2A is slower, with shorter length than Kiliks version (I forget the input). Touching on what ShenOu said, I find it's easy for Xiba to be BB spammed :(

Xiba has a much shorter range in general making it awkward that he has no real 66AA or anything.
His 2A seems faster to me but nowhere near as good on hit or block as Kilik's 2A.
I already miss Kiliks WR B as well.

I really wish Xiba had a grab out of REM, that would make his stance game someone useable outside of ground game.

Back