• Keep Yoda and ban Vadar

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Keep both Vadar and Yoda

Votes: 123 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DancingFighterG

[08] Mercenary
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. This poll is dedicated to deciding if Yoda and Vadar be banned. As of right now:

-There is nothing found that proves that either characters are 'broken'

-They both require a download for a system

-People like to playing them

We must have compelling reason and evidence to support claims of banning a character for any reason. Right now both characters were ban due to not being on either system. Of course we know now that that case is not true. So right they are able to be played!!

So have at it people. This poll will be up until the end of the week so we need your thoughts and vots for regional and nationals.

I definitely support not banning either at this point. Even is someone doesn't pay to download Yoda on their PS3, they are bound to run into someone else who has paid to download him and will know how he fights. If this person was entering a tournament, maybe he would send a mail to this dude after the fight, asking for some more practice against him to become more familiar with his moves, in case he runs into a 360 player at the tournament who has been using Yoda for a while.

The same goes for Vader on the 360. I think at this point, the players will either purchase the DLC for Vader and Yoda to learn the moves themselves or train with a friend to learn as much as they can about them. The only reason they were even banned before was because of the exclusive console issue, but now that exclusiveness is not an issue, then I really see no reason to ban either of them.

Lift the ban and let the Vader and Yoda players take part in the tournament as well, I say :)

I see a big reason to ban yoda, he cant be thrown and half the moves of each character dont work on yoda because of his size enough reason to call him broken yoda=game full of boring lows, where-as vader is a legit character he is no way near overpowered and i personally would say is medium tier. i personally wont buy yoda becase he is a trash character.

Um, I'm gonna whine and bitch the "it's not fair" card. Both are downloadable but 360 owners had a head start with Yoda and PS3 ones with Vader. I'm a 360 owner and I really don't feel like practicing against Vaders online just to catch up to experienced anti-Vaders from the PS3 before the bonus character download.

You see, it's not fair that you or I lose to some bonus character that has been tourney-banned from the start. It's also BS that Yoda is total trash expecially when compared to Vader so yeah I'm gonna bitch the loudest. Any tourney that allows either Vader or Yoda is not gonna get my tourney fee but I'll gladly play casuals against them.

It's also BS that Yoda is total trash expecially when compared to Vader

why?

yodo is broken only because half of every moveset will not land, if a basic aa of any character wont ever land and u cant throw him (not even siegs low throws work) how is that not broken?

i dont mean to sound like a yoda hater cause im not, i just think with issues like that he is not tournament worthy, casual games any time but tournament no.

where without any bias vader is because he is a fair character.

Because Vader can actually be good and Yoda is consistently shit. Can anybody prove me wrong, please? Good yoda...haha. Anyway, whether there is or not, I still stand by that neither should be allowed. We didn't then, why let Namco's colossal f-up determine the advantage PS3 owners got fighting anti-Vaders or Xbox owners got fighting anti-Yodas (uu skary).

Also since most tourneys are on PS3, xbox participants are royally screwed when Vader is the only one allowed. If you all get to bullshit with Vader, why can't I bullshit with Yoda? Oh, right, becausehe sucks.

Before the patch, I couldn't casually play online Vaders. Duh! How fair is that?

Edit: Waah, waaah. I need a nap and a time out.

I voted to keep them. Vader is a good character to be taken competitively, and Yoda can be dealt with easily. Not being able to throw him shouldn't be that big of a deal because you can't throw the Apprentice either, and that doesn't make him broken.

And Yoda IS the worst character in the game. All you have to do to beat him is choose Apprentice, and keep jumping away and shooting fireballs until time runs up. Yoda is so slow that he'll never catch up to you.

Taken from his Soul Arena, the moves below are UNBLOCKABLE for Yoda...

Zasalamel:
1AB
66BB
Last B of both hit

Yun:
1K2K
The 2K hits

Kilik
22_88AAA
Last A hits

Hilde:
FC C3AKA
A hits.

Voldo:
11_77BBB the second B hits, but he can block the 3rd.

Seigfried:
1AA
Second A

Maxi:
FC 3AAA 2nd and 3rd a hits.
2Kk 2nd K hits

Cassandra:
33_99KK
THE FIRST KICK HITS HIM. HE CAN NEVER BLOCK THIS.

Rapheal:
1Bb-Second B hits.
Prep. KK the JF K hits him.

Taki:
3AK- the K hits him
4A+BB The second B hits him.

Yoda and Vader: Regional / Nationals presents

I voted to keep Vader and ban Yoda, but I don't have any problems with keeping them both legal. Yoda is straight trash. What is the likelihood of someone actually using Yoda to compete with? And is there anyone who is unable to beat Yoda? I just think banning them will do more harm than good. So allow Vader or allow both.

Keep them both. Vader is a solid character and Yoda is...well he's Yoda lol. If some people are too pov to buy the one they're missing then that's their own loss, it shouldn't restrict others who actually puts their time into learning either character to play them in a tourney.

Voted to keep them both.

Yoda is so bad that it's impossible to make him good from the looks of things.

Vader is a decent, fun, and solid character. It'd be a shame to lose him when he has nothing that warrants a ban.

Yes, I agree Yoda is broken for the obvious reasons. However, Yoda sucks BECAUSE of that brokeness. He'll simply be the character no one ever uses.

I voted to keep Vader and ban Yoda.

Why? Because as someone else said back on CaliburForums: "If this community decides to ban Algol, whose moves aren't even broken, but keeps Yoda, who is immune to much of the game's moveset, then this community has officially become a joke."

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm not trying to make a right with two wrongs here, but if the basis for banning Algol was simply that his playstyle is disruptive to a competitive game setting, then what about Yoda? You can't throw him, many characters suffer from the inability to hit him with throws, highs, or some mids, and he's very glitchy (granted, the glitches tend to work against him, but glitchy = bad nonetheless). To be honest, I probably would have been voting to ban Yoda regardless, but the Algol situation just makes it baffling that this is even being discussed.

On the principles that people need an internet connection, Money, and now the requirement to play a catch up on learning the opposing console's exclusive, I say ban both.

Not being able to throw him shouldn't be that big of a deal because you can't throw the Apprentice either

are we playing the same game because the apprentice can be thrown???

zeal I totally agree with the algol statement. loving the quote.

I don't really see the need to ban Vader now that he's on both consoles, doesn't break the system, doesn't have some broken infinite or move.
he's quite a legit character in every way

Neither of them are gamebreaking. In fact, they're pretty much at the opposite end of that spectrum. If someone wants to try to use those characters competitively, let them.

On the principles that people need an internet connection, Money, and now the requirement to play a catch up on learning the opposing console's exclusive, I say ban both.
With that logic we should ban the patch and just play the game as it was on day 1. Since people would need an internet connection and money to pay for that internet in order to download the patch.

Pressing A+B with Apprentice breaks both A and B throws, no guessing required.

I voted to keep Vader and ban Yoda.

Why? Because as someone else said back on CaliburForums: "If this community decides to ban Algol, whose moves aren't even broken, but keeps Yoda, who is immune to much of the game's moveset, then this community has officially become a joke."

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm not trying to make a right with two wrongs here, but if the basis for banning Algol was simply that his playstyle is disruptive to a competitive game setting, then what about Yoda? You can't throw him, many characters suffer from the inability to hit him with throws, highs, or some mids, and he's very glitchy (granted, the glitches tend to work against him, but glitchy = bad nonetheless). To be honest, I probably would have been voting to ban Yoda regardless, but the Algol situation just makes it baffling that this is even being discussed.
I think Algol was mainly banned because of the randomness factor, bubbles bouncing back at you out of no where and blocking the camera. And he also made it a near-impossible to win matchup for certain characters such as Talim. I don't believe Yoda has such randomness or can consistently guarantee a win against a certain matchup.

zeal I totally agree with the algol statement. loving the quote.

hes referring to apprentice's force throw break. he technically can be thrown but you can also say that as long as he has force power, he cannot be thrown

Keep their dumb asses banned as it's not right to force (EL OH EL I SAID FORCE) someone to go through the motions of hooking their game system up to teh intarwebz and then either: A) purchasing said char or B) going through countless matches before some assclown picks one of the aforementioned joke characters that you don't want to spend money on and you beat him down mercilessly because hey... they suck.

Back