Yoshi Gameplay Videos

Thanks for all the advice Frost. I definitely need to try and get iMCF down but I dunno I might be too old for that. I plan on sticking with Yoshi because of his complexity and he has a lot of different things other characters do not have such as life drain, flight, teleporting, etc. Used to be one of the main characters I played in tekken...was glad to see him transition to SC series.

np. @Justin I never really do that, but my ps3 isn't with me now so I can't check it out. Probably 8A+B hits if ukemi but I'm not sure abt roll. I usually just do FC 1KKKKK anyway

it's BT 2A+K~A+K

The double suicide 66A+K~A+K is useless coz the 2nd hit can't kill the opponent and yoshimitsu is already dead..
From standing BT, the second hit can track for a nice trap.

Ah...see I didn't know the second hit was possible from the standard...so much I know lol. Still, that's an awesome way to win. High crush launch to guaranteed suicide to tech trap (?) double suicide. []

Here another vids of me against a former member of my team. In normal time, he's better than me. Maybe he didn't notice that it was actually me with a different gamertag XD

Online Battle as usual. Sorry ^^'

Here another vids of me against a former member of my team. In normal time, he's better than me. Maybe he didn't notice that it was actually me with a different gamertag XD

Online Battle as usual. Sorry ^^'

Geez, that last battle.
Way to finish.

Gonna upload some Yoshi vs those 3 videos at the end of the week hopefully ^_^

Sweet! I changed my config around I can do ear slicer now and iMCF sort of...but not consistently. I can get ear slicer off much easier than iMCF. Someday I'll be able to make vids vs Voldo, Viola and Maxi too. (the kind where I win at the end) ...Right now all the vids I make vs those 3 characters I die a horrible death.

So I played against some of those characters during Singapore's Battlefield Fridays today but I wasn't on stream until vs ShenYuan's Siegfried near the end of the tourney, because the camera was on the X360 and not the PS3 which I was playing on. Oh well. I can get those videos maybe next week hopefully, if there's another one.

VS Voldo just know all his options from various stances. If you play against him enough, his BS 2A+B is blockable on reaction, punish with FC 3K>RCC>3B. JG his 66B BE 2nd hit, his 3BB 2nd hit. DGF is really awesome against him in general vs his BS and his DR, punish BS 2A+B if you anticipate it by going into DGF's TJ and do either DGF B or K; his BS 8BK 2nd hit where he jumps can be caught with your DGF A+B for luls. Do DGF K if you guess that he's going to DR A/[A] and you can get the full DNK combo damage even though he's supposedly on the floor. 214A beats a lot of his vert mids.

VS Viola 214A is also very good against her high orb strings. A+K is also especially useful in the matchup. She relies on close range pressure but you can challenge her close range game with iMCF, 2K, 6B etc. Beware of her 3B and flying against her as her CE can hilariously ring you out when you're flea hopping / in SDGF/deathcopter. MED A+B aGI works against long range orb hits (but yea... if the player knows, she can just RO you mid-UB with CE or 6A+B if she isn't in range of your UB).

VS Maxi... I'm not very sure about the matchup. That one you've gotta check with Signia maybe, he destroyed a Maxi in EVO by constantly JGing his strings.

I kinda like MED mixups vs Voldo's BS, as it puts you in front of him again. Obviously it's pretty unsafe so you wouldn't want to overdo it, but used sparingly it can be pretty good if they're not quick to realise you'll teleport to "behind" them... I've had a few voldos start stepping backwards, but that becomes forwards so they just walk into whatever you're doing.

I've literally just finished try this for about an hour straight. This is not true, I've even tried the exact way seen in the video, and I get regular UB KND.

Attepmting both variants, neither FLE 6A+B~B+K b, a: B+K, 8_9A+Bg (ie. video example) or your variant (without Parting Thrust) gave me that same property shown in the match.

It happened to me once, I believe against Lizardman.. but then again there's so many quirks within that matchup, who knows? I also wonder how long ago this match was, pre/post patch 1.03?

I'm pretty sure the Ukemi is why that happen. What I mean by this is that when you hit him with FLEA you also used B+K typically when you land on someone they crumple down into the ground like so, similarly to when you hit them with Deathcopter/SDF B.
So when he Ukemi into your Deathcopter it registered the same kind of stun thus not knocking him down thats my theory.
Its similar to when you use 4b(spine divide) on an enemy they get knocked down. If you try that same move again on someone as they forward Ukemi it'll hit them again but NOT stun them back down into the ground, they basically just stand there shaken a little bit.
I think it'll apply to a specific Ukemi directions only.
Hopefully I make sense.. lol

Well...I can't remember his name off hand but he had 24 consecutive wins and I think by the time he got to me he was tired. Some day I'll be able to do flashy yoshi moves like JF (not sure what that means) 4AAAAA ! I still use 214/236A too much but the side stepping while attacking is so sweet. He kicked my ass two fights after this however. My controller is setup for iMCF and ear slicer now but I'm not used to pulling them off in real fights..and also having to do the CE using L2 which is awkward for me.

Some day I'll be able to do flashy yoshi moves like JF (not sure what that means) 4AAAAA !

JF is just short for just frames. The best way to do it is to practice for a rhythm. Not too fast and not too slow hence the just right maeing just frames haha. The more you practice and keep at it, the more likely you'll get it. Imho, I find this move useful to gamble at. I just feel peeps are sleeping on it......though I need experts opinions on this.

I think it has a niche per say, but my obligatory question to the experts is: would you use it outside trying to fishing to relaunch the opponent in the air for a aB+K?

JF is just short for just frames. The best way to do it is to practice for a rhythm. Not too fast and not too slow hence the just right maeing just frames haha. The more you practice and keep at it, the more likely you'll get it. Imho, I find this move useful to gamble at. I just feel peeps are sleeping on it......though I need experts opinions on this.

I think it has a niche per say, but my obligatory question to the experts is: would you use it outside trying to fishing to relaunch the opponent in the air for a aB+K?

Hmm... I guess I'm looking for the first white flash or w/e?

Back