Yoshi Gameplay Videos

Yea man sounds good! Just play a little safer and i dont think anyone can see iFC 3K on reaction... Its too fast... The mix up between that and 4K,B is just a guess or they are reading your pattern if they get it right... Ive hit good players with that mix up several times and the good thing is 4K,B is good on block now so you can step after or even keep the pressure with iMCF if your feeling lucky...

Main thing is lack of pokes and 6K,K 6K,K is so easy to beat if the opponent knows it he can hit you with a move 18 frames or less and it will be on CH if you are trying both hits...

Yoshi's 3k, k, AA, BB, 2B, 2A, and 2K are way under used even by myself...

Yoshi's 3k, k, AA, BB, 2B, 2A, and 2K are way under used even by myself...
I was having trouble against a good player a couple days ago and in frustration I just started mashing BB. Woah... it worked (in the sense that it hit once or twice and subsequently forced them to adapt, tilting the balance back in my favor). The funny thing was, I literally couldn’t remember the last time I hit BB with Yoshi. And then I thought “well why not? It has obvious uses.”

Nice, thanks for posting, I've been more lazy than ever in the forum...
And no, I'm not quitting Yoshi, and I love the way I was playing on sunday, cause in saturday I barely survived the pools, I was playing terrible on saturday, but Omega helped me out to note a few things that neede to be corrected.

And damn, I didn't like to lose that way, I got overconfident and then nervous, bad combination... Last tournaments when I lost, it was usually Woahhzz doing some insane stuff like breaking my SG by JI a grab, that's cool, lol, but this time I lost to nerves, well, is a new game, it will take some time to build the same confidence as in SCIV.

Nice matches bro, good use of 6K punishment after ducking! But how come nobody punishes 33B B+K?? I wish I could use it as much as you ahaha

Nice matches bro, good use of 6K punishment after ducking! But how come nobody punishes 33B B+K?? I wish I could use it as much as you ahaha

I personally stop each at a random part each time to make it pseudo safe to make the opponent at least have to guess a bit. I think Lolo was doing something similar.

Nice, thanks for posting, I've been more lazy than ever in the forum...
And no, I'm not quitting Yoshi, and I love the way I was playing on sunday, cause in saturday I barely survived the pools, I was playing terrible on saturday, but Omega helped me out to note a few things that neede to be corrected.

And damn, I didn't like to lose that way, I got overconfident and then nervous, bad combination... Last tournaments when I lost, it was usually Woahhzz doing some insane stuff like breaking my SG by JI a grab, that's cool, lol, but this time I lost to nerves, well, is a new game, it will take some time to build the same confidence as in SCIV.

Take two shots before EVO.

I personally stop each at a random part each time to make it pseudo safe to make the opponent at least have to guess a bit. I think Lolo was doing something similar.
There's no such thing. There is a guaranteed punishment for most character or they can even use a TC after the 2nd hit.

There's no such thing. There is a guaranteed punishment for most character or they can even use a TC after the 2nd hit.

Most people haven't labbed that in-depth yet though. If my opponent starts punishing it I will shelve it but I don't get punished for it too often.

Ya, I was going to say ->

As well. When most of the people I fight see the cart wheel they just start swinging or throw. Same with DGF now (except the throw, of course). :\

I'm still finding my feet with Yoshimitsu and have no clue whatsoever when it comes to fighting Le Bello, so take it as it is.
Advice is appreciated. =)

02:50 was for Furzy. ;-)

I'm still finding my feet with Yoshimitsu and have no clue whatsoever when it comes to fighting Le Bello, so take it as it is.
Advice is appreciated. =)

02:50 was for Furzy. ;-)
LOL, well you had a 4Ax5 JF in there, a good number of iMCF, some nice stance transitioning (44B+K 2B+K B near the end), etc. Your execution is obviously pretty good, better than this scrub [EDIT: that means me! LOL] at least.

One thing I noticed is you never did 3B after DNK. I don’t know if you were trying to confuse your opponent or if you just don’t have that programmed in your brain yet, but it’s a combo and tacks on a respectable extra hit of damage to DNK. And on that note I’m pretty sure there’s no real reason to ever do 66A+B after DGF K when you can do DNK 3B instead.

The FLE > MED transitions you were doing are a good way to semi-hide MED attacks, but there are not many compelling reasons to do so in such close range. Close range, FLE hop (guarded) > B, or FLE K > A+B, or FLE (K) can be useful.

I also noticed that apart from one CE, you had almost no meter usage in there. Work on incorporating BEs or CE setups, I guess. Of course, you were winning, so it’s not like you needed it. Same with move variety; FC3K was doing some very heavy lifting in there, so use what works I guess, but it wasn’t exciting to watch. Needs more gimmicks to be a true Yoshi match. ;-P

LOL, well you had a 4Ax5 JF in there,
I was sooo gutted I missed a:B+K when he reset there, lol.
better than this scrub at least.
Be nice - I'm teaching him Calibur, his main game's Tekken, lol.
One thing I noticed is you never did 3B after DNK.
Didn't know it comboed - will start doing it.
The FLE > MED transitions you were doing are a good way to semi-hide MED attacks, but there’s not many compelling reasons to do so in such close range.
Cool - I'll take it on board.
I also noticed that apart from one CE, you had almost no meter usage in there.
Yeah, I need to work on that - I don't really use 6B BE because I can iMCF well already, 66A I only use in wall combos, but mostly I save it for emergency CE whiffpunish, lol. (Yay for broken damage ^^)
Same with move variety; FC3K was doing some very heavy lifting in there, so use what works I guess
Lol, I was getting away with murder but I follow the principal employed by doctors in this country 'If it aint broke, don't fix it' heh.
Needs more gimmicks to be a true Yoshi match. ;-P
I do need more gimmicks =/

Nice. The other thing I would program into memory is CH iMCF > 66B > DNK. You have to be quick with the 66B, but it carries for miles.

Also, if you get LNC, a:B+K close to the ring edge/wall, you can score a DNK instead of the 66A+B...and DNK is the ringout master. []

I know about air hit a:B+K DNK by the edge, but with CH iMCF 66B DNK, how's the damage? I was always the RCC 3B type, lol.

Back