Yoshi Gameplay Videos

I know, but I'm getting there - practice makes perfect, y'know?

Though we both know that as I did CH iMCF, iMCF, somewhere in Switzerland, you started smiling. =P

I know about air hit a:B+K DNK by the edge, but with CH iMCF 66B DNK, how's the damage? I was always the RCC 3B type, lol.
From RedDjinn's combo video:

CH iMCF, 66B, DNK, 3B is 64 dmg. CH iMCF, RCC 3B, a:B+K, 66A+B is 71 dmg, but it's easier to flub and the opponent can escape by teching to Yoshi's left. []

But it's easier to flub and the opponent can escape by teching to Yoshi's left. []
If they tech at all, Deathcopter is a tech trap though and my Yoshi is 3 days old - I assure you, execution won't be a problem. ;)

I see where you're coming from though - I'd probably use it if I needed the KO and it would kill though. =/

Yeah, I like it also for the carry...DNK has a lot more carry than I think a lot of people expect. Probably his best RO move, even better than 6K. []

As a standalone move, maybe, but I've tested this:

CH iMCF, RCC 3B, 4:A :A :A :A :A has a LOT more RO potential than that combo, has a possibility of reseting and drastically increasing the RO potential. Its also easy when you get the timing down, and nothing says 'fuck you' better than a 5 JF kill! =D

Hrm...I'll have to master that JF, then...

Where does the string you mentioned leave the opponent when it doesn't RO? Close distance or far away? After, e.g., 214A, DNK I'm still at a nice close distance for some mix-ups on wakeup. In fact, IIRC if you wait a bit and the opponent techs off the last hit of DNK, the 3B will re-launch.

Also, avoiding a high/throw with 214A, DNK for a RO is incredibly satisfying as well, especially if the throw is one that would've made you RO. Actual quote from my opponent in a recent match, "Oh, what, it ducks mids now?" []

Its a roll of the dice:

If you're lucky, they get relaunched and RO distance almost doubles on top of its already high RO potential, if you're unlucky you fall over, lol.

Damage is also good:
3B, 6K is 60 dmg.
3B, 4A: A: A: A: A is also 60 dmg. And if you get the relaunch, damage is touching distance of 100 with another reset chance and EVEN MORE RO potential, lol.

Damage:
No relaunch: 60 dmg
1 Relaunch: 94 dmg
2 Relaunches: 129 dmg
You get the idea, haha.

Hah...I wonder; if you keep getting lucky and not falling down, is there a limit then on how long you can keep that going? []

Any Yoshi that pulls off at least 3B and JF 4AAAAA 3 times deserves a medal. I can only get lucky to get one relaunch. Two if I just have that luck on my side. Otherwise my average is pull of the jf only not to recover.....=/

Pocky Yoshi pouts.....

I do need more gimmicks =/

Gimmicks, eh?

Run directly into someone with A+K. At balls-to-balls distance it has an offensive hitbox that stuns on CH. Everyone loves getting hit by that mid throw/vertical/step/etc. 4A+K dropkicks are fun, too. MED A+B :K :K verticals. 44bA ~ G / 44bB is gimmicky. 214A+G when you're back toward the ring edge. 4B -> iMCF and 22K -> iMCF (or CE). A+B (poison spit) / [A+B] dodges highs and stuns on counter hit and can get a free 6K on block. 66A+K (don't hold it) 8A K :K. 66A+K (don't hold it) A+B, K, 2K. Your opponent would've eaten a whole lot of WR K....

Recording tonight with the NM player Stickystaines.
Should be a *ahem* few videos, lol.

AND WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE STICKY THIS BLOODY THREAD. Video threads are always unconditionally relevant and are therefor supposed to be stickied. Lazy mods today I swear....

Recording tonight with the NM player Stickystaines.
Should be a *ahem* few videos, lol.

AND WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE STICKY THIS BLOODY THREAD. Video threads are always unconditionally relevant and are therefor supposed to be stickied. Lazy mods today I swear....

No. It was stickied for about 3 hours before I realized there was no reason for it to be.

Hajime had it setup for tournament videos to be stickied, and I think that's a good idea but we'll see down the road when more tournaments have taken place.

Video Sticky

This one is kind of a nightmare to organize, especially with so much content, so I was thinking of just making the Video Sticky specifically for illustrating moves, ideas, combos, oki, etc; and other things like casuals, tournament play, glitches, etc; can go in a Video Discussion thread (not stickied) where people can just submit whatever they want.

Please note the phrase video STICKY. =)
I appreciate there should also be a non stickied discussion thread, but I believe no such thread exists here yet? Ergo, sticky this thread.

Back