You want DLC characters?

You want DLC characters?

• Yes

Votes: 287 92.9%
  • No

Votes: 22 7.1%

• Total voters
It seems like I'm in the minority camp that doesn't give a rats ass about story, or CAS for that matter.

Personally, I think they should just abandon the story alltogether. Here's my idea of a story for a FG: You pick up a weapon, you kick some ass, end of story.

Why pay attention to stories that are 100% guaranteed to suck anyway?
I think that if MK9 can pull off having a decently good story I'm pretty sure SC or any other fighting game for that matter could do it too.

Besides, it wouldn't hurt to give characters a nice cool story. I like to know more about the character I'm controlling. It makes using that character even more enjoyable imo.

I think everyone would like additional stuff like story and endings and there is nothing wrong with really enjoying it. Its just that those features shouldn't be your main focus.

Let me try to give an example. Everyone likes to have comfortable seats in their car but it shouldn't be your main reason to buy the car. If that would be the case, you should buy a couch.

I hope that makes sense for you.

I ain't gettin' no car with seats that hurt my ass.

Hehe, but seriously I understand where you're coming from. I'm just saying that it's better to have a little story then to have absolutely nothing at all you know? It doesn't have to be an outstanding over the top thing. Just give a little insight on the character's lives. Who are they? Why are they here in the first place? Adds a bit of depth to the overall game.

For me the story mode doesn't even have to be all that. This is why I miss the option of being able to see character profiles in the past SC Calibur games. Their story was all laid out right there. If they were to put the characters back stories from the art books in SC5 for us to read in the game, that would've been enough for me. Especially since half the cast is new.

But that's just a personal preference. I'm one of those types who'll watch a freakin' cutscene over and over again because of how much I liked it.

Yeah, I understand with CahosK and DarkMoonFantasy.
I hate to throw this game under the bus but this is an example of what I mean. Virtua Fighter 5 is a fun game to play time to time but the problem I had with it was that it lacked replay value. There was no story and no online. All you really could do was earn money in tournaments to buy from a short selection of new clothes for the characters or collect all 6 golden balls to get a special item. But other than that, that's all you could do and so, I wasn't hooked on the game very long. I know that is good for some people but for others, sometimes it is better to include other things in the game to keep it going.

Yeah, I understand with CahosK and DarkMoonFantasy.
I hate to throw this game under the bus but this is an example of what I mean. Virtua Fighter 5 is a fun game to play time to time but the problem I had with it was that it lacked replay value. There was no story and no online. All you really could do was earn money in tournaments to buy from a short selection of new clothes for the characters or collect all 6 golden balls to get a special item. But other than that, that's all you could do and so, I wasn't hooked on the game very long. I know that is good for some people but for others, sometimes it is better to include other things in the game to keep it going.
Quest Mode says hello, and the expansion says hello, too. Xbox 360 version has always had online play. PS3 didn't but you do after you buy the expansion dlc.

Quest Mode says hello, and the expansion says hello, too. Xbox 360 version has always had online play. PS3 didn't but you do after you buy the expansion dlc.
I had the PS3 port and I don't remember coming across the online expansion DLC (I do remember Final Showdown making it's debut though). Gah, guess I made a slight miscalculation... And yeah, I remember quest mode but it didn't keep me too hooked. I mean, of course I'd always try to up the ranks (my mains were Sarah & Kage :)) but yeah.

I had the PS3 port and I don't remember coming across the online expansion DLC (I do remember Final Showdown making it's debut though). Gah, guess I made a slight miscalculation... And yeah, I remember quest mode but it didn't keep me too hooked. I mean, of course I'd always try to up the ranks (my mains were Sarah & Kage :)) but yeah.
Well, you most certainly need to, buddy. ;)

Back