You want DLC characters?

You want DLC characters?

• Yes

Votes: 287 92.9%
  • No

Votes: 22 7.1%

• Total voters
They lost me.

Tried DOA5 but found out it's Talim in SC or nothin (started to play a little SCIV again).

Now have nothin to play w/my friends. Playin Halo 4 and Forza Horizon online/with my son/by myself.

I'm missin fightin gamez and waitin for SCVI...

I actually got all three new fighting titles that came out in 2012. SCV, DOA5, and TTT2 and I think if I had to rank them, I'd go TTT2, SCV, and DOA5. You say you're missing fighting games but have you tried out TTT2 or do you not want to play it? I'm just curious. DOA5 was alright in my opinion but it didn't really have me hooked for a long time compared to SCV and TTT2.

I too am awaiting a SCVI though.

Ok an I play pyrrha all the time, but it's still not Cassandra. Her personality, the cockiness, the style, her stance, it's all missing. Pyrrha is this little poop that replaced her,
and natsu is kinda lame compared to perfect taki,
I say if they want to make an apprentice, or daughter and son of someone, great. But make a move set different from them so they can be included in the game and not sacrificed.
The fact that a random annoying as hell monkey kid replaced 3 classic characters(mina,yun, and kilik style) is BLAGH
I don't know how they sleep at night v.v

Cassandra is a rare exception for me. I do solemnly miss her style. It was fast and aggrestive. I know Pat is supposed to replace her style set but it just doesn't feel the same (however, I do enjoy using Pat's style, very fun to use). And honestly, I thought Pyrrha was more of a replacement for Sophitia but I can understand your frustration with her style. I have some with her too. I mean, her moveset works for herself as a character but when I make a CAS, it just looks stupid because the characters I make who are S/S users I would not picture doing attacks the way she does. And it gets tedious only making S/S users using Pat or Omega Pyrrha. So hopefully in VI, Pyrrha toughens up and gets more appropriate moves.

As for Taki, Natsu will never fully replace her. I was playing SCIV a few weeks ago using Taki and it just felt right (lol). But I'm going to try to keep an open mind for Natsu because well, I enjoy playing her a lot. I just hope they add more moves to her moveset. And okay, I give you that with Xiba. I mean, he's an adorable little dumbass but I didn't like the fact that he was the replacement for all 3 characters. I just saw him more as a succsssor for Kilik but then when you find that Kilik came back, I was like WTF? Xiba's style is just too wacky for my taste (with the exception of a few moves). But this again, applies for CAS. I try making pole using characters and Xiba's moveset doesn't fit with them compared to in IV where I'd use Kilik. But like Pyrrha, his moveset works for his character type.

You see, my thing is, If they didn't want to bring back characters like Sophitia, Cassandra, Kilik's old style, and so on, I'm fine with that but I would at least like to see them keep their styles for CAS. I know a lot of you are probably thinking that's stupid and it's alright, everyone is entitled to their own opinions but I just feel it would be cool if they did.

Awh I miss rock, he was one of the few big slow characters I liked playing as. Hopefully him or his son make a comeback :]
I want Bangoo to come in! I like Rock and all but I think it's time, his son showed us what he is made of. I think that Bangoo could have either a tomahawk with bow and arrow (similar to how Link in SC2 would alternate between boomerang, bow, and bomb) or maybe a giant boomerang. :D

I actually got all three new fighting titles that came out in 2012. SCV, DOA5, and TTT2 and I think if I had to rank them, I'd go TTT2, SCV, and DOA5. You say you're missing fighting games but have you tried out TTT2 or do you not want to play it? I'm just curious. DOA5 was alright in my opinion but it didn't really have me hooked for a long time compared to SCV and TTT2.

Cassandra is a rare exception for me. I do solemnly miss her style. It was fast and aggrestive. I know Pat is supposed to replace her style set but it just doesn't feel the same (however, I do enjoy using Pat's style, very fun to use). And honestly, I thought Pyrrha was more of a replacement for Sophitia but I can understand your frustration with her style. I have some with her too. I mean, her moveset works for herself as a character but when I make a CAS, it just looks stupid because the characters I make who are S/S users I would not picture doing attacks the way she does. And it gets tedious only making S/S users using Pat or Omega Pyrrha. So hopefully in VI, Pyrrha toughens up and gets more appropriate moves.

As for Taki, Natsu will never fully replace her. I was playing SCIV a few weeks ago using Taki and it just felt right (lol). But I'm going to try to keep an open mind for Natsu because well, I enjoy playing her a lot. I just hope they add more moves to her moveset. And okay, I give you that with Xiba. I mean, he's an adorable little dumbass but I didn't like the fact that he was the replacement for all 3 characters. I just saw him more as a succsssor for Kilik but then when you find that Kilik came back, I was like WTF? Xiba's style is just too wacky for my taste (with the exception of a few moves). But this again, applies for CAS. I try making pole using characters and Xiba's moveset doesn't fit with them compared to in IV where I'd use Kilik. But like Pyrrha, his moveset works for his character type.

You see, my thing is, If they didn't want to bring back characters like Sophitia, Cassandra, Kilik's old style, and so on, I'm fine with that but I would at least like to see them keep their styles for CAS. I know a lot of you are probably thinking that's stupid and it's alright, everyone is entitled to their own opinions but I just feel it would be cool if they did.

Eveyrthing you have t say is perfect. What you said about Cassie being fast and aggressive is so accurate, and that's what I miss. I refuse to try pats style, his stance alone is annoying, and so are his moves -3-

Yeah I had plenty of fun with TT2, but I ended up taking it back for Halo 4 (Thinking it was going to be as much fun as 3.) But that was a horrible decision, I'm going to have to pick that back up.

Oh by the way, I think Rock was native american, or a some Turkish type of Northman.

Tekken ain't for me.

It's a pop 'em-up fest, tryin to get the free damage (combos) that you can't air control out of.
Not sayin it's bad, just sayin it ain't for me (love Ling BTW).

Tekken ain't for me.

It's a pop 'em-up fest, tryin to get the free damage (combos) that you can't air control out of.
Yeah me either, although I miss some of the air control in sc, tekken just looks uncomfortable lol

Yeah I had plenty of fun with TT2, but I ended up taking it back for Halo 4 (Thinking it was going to be as much fun as 3.) But that was a horrible decision, I'm going to have to pick that back up.

Oh by the way, I think Rock was native american, or a some Turkish type of Northman.
Ah I see. Well that's understandable.

And Rock i believei from Europe but he migrated to the Americas where he met the Native boy, Bangoo.

Tekken ain't for me.

Haha well since Tekken has moved more over to heavy juggling, I see what you are saying and it's not for everyone. i can admit that I hate getting caught in a never ending superb juggle lol

Eveyrthing you have t say is perfect. What you said about Cassie being fast and aggressive is so accurate, and that's what I miss. I refuse to try pats style, his stance alone is annoying, and so are his moves -3-

daw shucks. But seriously, it just grinded my gears back in the day when people thought Cassandra and Sophitia were the same. They really weren't except for both having the angel step. And I understand about Pat's stance. It really does look ridiculous but like I said, I find him fun to play as haha. But not a replacement for Cassandra. -3-

Ah I see. Well that's understandable.

And Rock i believei from Europe but he migrated to the Americas where he met the Native boy, Bangoo.

Haha well since Tekken has moved more over to heavy juggling, I see what you are saying and it's not for everyone. i can admit that I hate getting caught in a never ending superb juggle lol

daw shucks. But seriously, it just grinded my gears back in the day when people thought Cassandra and Sophitia were the same. They really weren't except for both having the angel step. And I understand about Pat's stance. It really does look ridiculous but like I said, I find him fun to play as haha. But not a replacement for Cassandra. -3-
I like pyrrha style more, even though it may not look it, i find it to be more aggressive than pat. I'LL BE WAITING FOR CASSANDRA (and Mina) IN 6. bastords. :B

I like pyrrha style more, even though it may not look it, i find it to be more aggressive than pat. I'LL BE WAITING FOR CASSANDRA (and Mina) IN 6. bastords. :B
Pyrrha's stance is what irritates me. xD I mean, not on her per say but on CAS. And some of her moves are awkward for a CAS (like the grab where she pulls your opponent onto her and her sword or the running vertical attack, just look awkward but she is fun to use as well.)

But yeah, I don't have much hope for Cassandra returning anytime soon (I pray I'm wrong lol) but I wouldn't mind seeing Mina again and while they are at it, seriously consider bringing Yun and Talim and even Zasalamel back lol

Pyrrha's stance is what irritates me. xD I mean, not on her per say but on CAS. And some of her moves are awkward for a CAS (like the grab where she pulls your opponent onto her and her sword or the running vertical attack, just look awkward but she is fun to use as well.)

But yeah, I don't have much hope for Cassandra returning anytime soon (I pray I'm wrong lol) but I wouldn't mind seeing Mina again and while they are at it, seriously consider bringing Yun and Talim and even Zasalamel back lol
THEY DIDN'T SAY SHE DIED T-T
I think sc6 should be a little after 4. Like, everyone from sc4, then child sized Pyrrha, natsu,pat,Xiba and Leixa, that'll give us Mina, Cassie, yun, talim, zas, and newer characters. Amy could still be orange hair goth, but instead of a rapier, she can have her orb.. You get what I'm saying? o3o

THEY DIDN'T SAY SHE DIED T-T
I think sc6 should be a little after 4. Like, everyone from sc4, then child sized Pyrrha, natsu,pat,Xiba and Leixa, that'll give us Mina, Cassie, yun, talim, zas, and newer characters. Amy could still be orange hair goth, but instead of a rapier, she can have her orb.. You get what I'm saying? o3o

I wasn't implying that Cassandra/Mina were dead, I was just looking at it that if Daishi and the team continue on the way they are, I don't think it's very possible that we'll see them again. But like I said, I hope I'm wrong. I'm praying that Namco/PS will learn from SCV and try not to repeat the same mistakes. I also hope this will give affirmation to Namco that Soul Calibur is still profitable and that with this in mind, they will give PS more time to work on the game. I feel that if they are going to make a SCVI, it has to potential to be one of the best titles in the series.

And yeah, I'm kind of hoping from a story point of view, the creators decide to go back to SCIV, and advance at the very least, 6-7 years and gradually get up to where SCV was. So we can see the conflict between Sophitia and Tira even if it meant we'd see the death of Sophitia (at least it will give some dramatic closure), or even the dispute between Xianghua and Kilik along with the falling out/disappearance of Raphael and Amy. Yeah, I get what you are saying for sure.

Back