Yun-Seong General Discussion

Shin_Koryo

[08] Mercenary
Side Step from Flamingo Stance

Not sure if Yun-Seong's stance is called flamingo, but that's what I call it. Anyway, on a couple of occasions while playing online I have managed to make Yun sidestep an attack from flamingo and perform a 3-kick combination. I have tried in practice mode to figure it out, but have come up empty. Has anybody else seen or know how to perform this side-step from flamingo?

it is his auto parry from his stance. It parries B attacks.

Auto Parry? Thanks man. Of course I feel like a tool for trying so long to figure it out.

np I did the same you did when I first did it. I thought I found a secret throw from his stance LOL

Ever wondered what to do against those mitsu online mashers?

Choose Yun, press B+K over and over and enjoy your free win :D

Also good against Cerv spammers (it even evades the Psycho Crusher) and the fencers somewhat. Occasionally useful on Sophie Spammers and Kilik Spammers.

Although the "fencers" sometimes hit you out of the step with multi hitting attacks... in this game everything seems to track, even during Kilik's 6A+B he now reorientates after each hit. Imo tracking in sc4 has to be reduced to prevent people from using Bs all day.

The stance is called Crane (CR) and it definitely doesn't guarantee you a free win. But this may be a good place to post stuff related to CR.

My post on CF:
Though CR is rebuffed this time around don't expect to be able to stay in it all day and win. The auto evade will murder vertical spamming Raphs and Amys but going into CR and turning on CR K mash mode can get you killed. The CPU's stepped me and gotten a back throw. Also it's not shown in the command list but you can still control CR B+K's distance with 4 and 5.

EDIT: After more testing I reiterate DO NOT SPAM CRANE. It ONLY evades weapon-based verticals i.e. kicks and body-based moves (like Asta 4B and bullrush) will hit you. Plus during neutral CR u're in an impact counter state so you take extra damage.

Hey everybody. I'm the recently appointed Yun mod. Nice to meet you all. General talk and questions go here btw.

Doesnt he have an infinite? My friend show'd me it but Im not familiar with his move set so I wouldnt know the exact move, but its the kick that he does that makes him hop over you, you hit the ground and it launchs you up and you can keep doing it back and forth. I just looked I'm thinking its the Rising Claws One.

Doesnt he have an infinite? My friend show'd me it but Im not familiar with his move set so I wouldnt know the exact move, but its the kick that he does that makes him hop over you, you hit the ground and it launchs you up and you can keep doing it back and forth. I just looked I'm thinking its the Rising Claws One.
That would be the 236KK you're thinking of. It's not an infinite since you can air control out by the 2nd use of it.

This just came to me so I thought I'd post it. Some specific Yun advice:

Interrupters:
KK - Fastest move. Add the B if it lands on CH
AA - 2 frames slower than K but still fast
4K - Fast enough to stuff pressure
2A - Same as AA except this puts you in crouch

Crouching (tech or full) punishers: (If you expect a high use these moves to punish)
44K - Knocks 'em down and away from you
236KK - If they can't Just Ukemi well this move will be feared. Tack on that 8KKK for great damage
8KKK - Guaranteed after first hit with the damage it can do makes this move fearworthy
FC A - His fastest move in crouch state. Use it to regain momentum.

General whiff punishers:
236KK - Good for general punishment as well. If you train them to fear a low this move is gold. 8KKK. Need I say more?
3B - Less pushback on block than in SC3 but does good damage

While Sidestepping punishers:
33_99B - Risky because of disadvantage on block but your ideal whiff punisher if you happen to be sidestepping
22A
33_99AK - Faster than 33B but almost just as risky

Spammable lows:
1K - Don't use it for its hit properties because those suck. Use it because it's unreadable.
11A - Hits more often than you think because of how the animation is
1B - A deceptive low you can chip with. Its cousin 11B I sparingly use due to unsafety. I usually only use it from a distance.

CF pressure:
That's opponent dependent and really doesn't need a deep explanation since his moves can rape the SG. Only advice is: DON'T BE PREDICTABLE! Yes 6BB is ridiculous but don't spam it. But if your opponent won't do anything but block it for whatever reason then by all means.

Alright, get me in the know. How to use Yun-seong...

I want to become good with him but studying his movelist, he seems to have very few high-low mix-ups and good pressure attacks (he doesn't even seem to have many strings).

What's the hope with this dude?

Here's a few things to get you started..

Some strings to get familiar with...
KKB (NCC)
2BK~CR (NC)
WSAKK
6BB
1KK (NCC)
1K2K (NCC)
A+K (NC)

Lows:
11A
1K2K
1B
11B

For pressure you can start working with 6BB. Building off the guard break KK, 4K, or Throw are all good options. You can also 6 into crane mixes.

Get some practice time in Crane there are a lot of useful moves off the stance, and most lead to followup damage.

Also check the sticky threads there's a lot of important info in there.

in my opinion his lack of strings and mixups are compensated by his abiltiy to soulcrush
and i believe he has more guardbreaking moves then most others so learn them

Yeah Yun lacks lows but he makes up for it with the ability to murder a gauge. Moves like 6B hurt people for guarding and 66A and 44A do a ton of SG damage for step killing moves... So even when people start evading you can put them into a situation where they can get killed if they keep stepping and if they guard the SG damage continues.

CR is AMAZING. 2K,K is awesome K:G is badass and when they want to try and GI A takes 1/3 of their life. CR evades is badass too... Ive been using it just as a vertical counter and its awesome for alot of characters especially from range like setsuka doesnt have much thats not a vertical so when you start using it against her it limits her options so she will be more predictable... It can also save your ass like if your fighting a cass 1K is unsafe to cassfist on guard for 40%... but if you use 1K,KG youll evade every vertical in the game after getting it blocked. You can use similar tactics when the opponent is comming back with B,B after pokes... throw a 6[A] out there and let him try to hit you with a B,B

But from a beginners standpoint just try to focus on frame traps and SG damage instead of mixups... Just get ready for people to want to keep attacking when they get a red gauge.

If you dont know what a frame trap is the expression is used for an attack that cant be interupted. So if you use frame traps the whole round and the opponent keeps trying to attack provided you score the first hit you WILL get a perfect because interupting fails against frame traps 100% of the time or your not using frame traps

1K is actually pretty solid options. Ive been using 1K,2K to get people to wait and then 1K,K,G to pressure them when they stand there and look at it

against kilik spammers the crane evation is useless man, kiliks combo set is mostly based on horizontal attacks which cant be evaded by the crane stance, i usually use the 8K,K move when they mash because most of kiliks combos start with a high horizontal.
I have a question btw:
my favorite long combo is 6B(long input so it goes to crane), A,B,236K,K,4B,K,K but i saw someone who after the 4B,K,K stood immediately in crane and executed the A,K,8K,K after it, it did almost three quarters of the opponents health gauge, but i cant go into crane after the 4B,K,K was it just a very rapid crane input after it or issit some sort of combo

Pretty sure that 4BK only does the CR K when the kick part hits on CH and even then no need for additional input.

Back