Z.W.E.I. General Discussion/Q&A

How do you guys play ZWEI? Offensive or defensive?

Both, The trick to setting up his offence is to hit with 4(A)/66(A+B) etc, Then try to hit them with something else and ein. If you fail back off and try to set it up again.

Good games to Egg and Zane. I mentioned your Zwei's specialties in the good games thread. I look forward to learning more from you both :3
-And just wanted to say that Zwei's B+K whiffs when Raph does prep in front of your face :'(

i liked yesterday, a wolf-pack gathering. we should do it again sometime. also darkwings got dat Canadian!
Omg @that canadian network xD
I mentioned you in the good games thread, saying how we never got a full match due to my wonky connection. Lol, dat 1 bar when I first got into the room! (>O_o)
And yea, we need to do the wolf pack gathering again (^_^<)

How can I use 66A BE effectively? It doesn't seem very useful considering how you can just step the EIN hit.

If you don't charge it Ein hit

You can do

66A BE-> 1A = 78 dmg
66A BE-> 66A+B = 74 dmg
66A BE-> 1K = 71 dmg
66A BE-> 1B = 68 dmg

Not charged 66A was also the only way i've seen to combo Zwei's unblockable (44B+K)
66A BE -> 44B+K (only the sword hit, Ein does'nt appear)
But is not guaranteed because he can side ukemi and 44B+K whiff,also as damage take less than 1A version

Ah, NEVER do 66A BE with walls/ring edges involved, Ein will epic fail (he appear where the push back of 66A is supposed to send the opponent)

hello everyone, i couldnt find a combo thread so yeah:

CE B+K BE 1K (or ~1B) 1A (is this known)

there is a specifc follow up (either 1K or 1B) based on what the CE combos on. i also noticed you have an extra 25% meter left and deal great damage in exchange.

you can do 66A+B, but ein will be in cool down due to the BE, however there might be a specific timing, same for 1K BE

Yep, its in the Guide and you can go with 1K all the time (I recommend it) since its more character specific than combo specific considering EIN slams them down the same way every time.

I believe bear has put in his combo list guide.

I included the list of characters it works on too.
Speaking of character specifics B+K, CE combo doesn't work on Mitsurugi oddly, requires more testing but I bring this up because B+K is great to get the CE, B+K BE combo optymuss mentioned.

66A BE, etc...

Also you can do 66A BE, CE, B+K, 4A+B (I forget dmg)
But 66A BE is really only good for making good reads to catch sidestep. Really good reads. Since it's slow you have to use it practically before the opponent steps cause if they block it EIN can be dealt with despite being safe. But its another high damage option Zwei can potentially use, and I don't expect them to block EIN.
When EIN is blocked I recommend dashing in slightly for a Throw since the opponent literally can't duck at -30. Throwing will lock them down for KF B or 66B.
66A in general is bad against characters like Pyrrha or Xiba with TC/ TSS attacks (thier 22*88B).

I like use it to damage/break guard too
I noticed that against him people tend a lot to side step when they're in yellow/red guard
When you run at them they step because fear guard dmg of vertical things like are all Zwei's power strikes

So i run at them and go with 66A BE-> 214B
If they're in the middle of the yellow flash phase (not at begin) and they block it all, is likely you can pass trought the red phase and go get directly a guard break (and anyway if you don't get the break you're very close to it)

Basically i use it to do stuff like

66A BE-> 214B - GUARD BREAK -> CE -> B+K -> 4A+B

My 2 cent based on what i've seen :D

^
Can't you squish in a 6K after the guard break and then CE?

Yes but this is character specific, it works on: (all ranges)
Aeon/ Astaroth/ Cervantes/ Dampierre/ Ezio/ Mitsurugi/ Nightmare/ Raphael/ Siegfried/ Zwei
And these characters from far range only:
Alpha Patroklos/ Algol/ Edgemaster/ Elysium/ Hilde/ Ivy/ Kilik/ Natsu/ Omega Pyrrha/ Patroklos/ Pyrrha/ Tira/ Viola/ Xiba/ Yoshimitsu
*It will only work on Voldo at close range.
*Note it will never work against Leixia.

~snip~
66A BE-> 214B - GUARD BREAK -> CE -> B+K -> 4A+B

Both 6A and 4A break in 15 blocks, 66A breaks in 12 blocks. With 4A just don't summon EIN (small tip).
I get what you mean about opponents stepping when they have red guage. I also have the same problem, and a similar one against opponents who stay on the ground with red guage.
They can roll on through 66A+B, especially if I overshoot and dash further for 66A+B wake-up. The best way to force a Guard Break on wake-up is with 1K, which breaks in 12 blocks. To be effective in breaking ith 1K I recommend dashing in further so that 1K will be allowed to track rolling. The opponent will be forced to either take the ground damage or get guard broken for 80+d.
6A/ 4A/ 3B/ 1B/ WR B/ BT B/ 6K/ WR K/ A+B/ 66A/ 66B/ 22B/ 6K/ 22K/ 44K/ KF B
^-> all these attacks on Guard Break give you 66A+B, 4{A+B} = 89d. with no meter, its most efficient.
1K/ 33B > on Guard Break you can combo into 1{B}, 3AA, 1{B}*1K = 75~78d. (or) CE combo = 95+d.
(these are excluding wall combo potential)

I get what you mean about opponents stepping when they have red guage. I also have the same problem, and a similar one against opponents who stay on the ground with red guage.
They can roll on through 66A+B, especially if I overshoot and dash further for 66A+B wake-up. The best way to force a Guard Break on wake-up is with 1K, which breaks in 12 blocks. To be effective in breaking ith 1K I recommend dashing in further so that 1K will be allowed to track rolling. The opponent will be forced to either take the ground damage or get guard broken for 80+d.

Usually in that situation* i go with 1A
If they stay down it do decent damage, and if they block i seem to me that it does decent guard damage (i don't know how much, damn training mode for not tell me guard dmg of moves :D )

I don't know if is the best option, but it seem to do the job :D

*on reality not only if they apply the "stay down" strategy, i tend to use it after a knockdown when other is on red flash phase

snip ~ 1A guard break...

Haven't thought of this, I always felt like it was too slow. I feel if its not used in situations where the opponent is at severe disadvantage post knockdown, they could interrupt/ GI/ JG this attack on reaction even on tech.
A good setup would be any 66A+B ground hit combo into 1A wake-up for guard break.
1A on guard break gets you WR B, BT B+K, BT A+B for 81d. or CE combo for 95+d.
To help out, in comparison 1A breaks in 11 consecutive blocks while 1K breaks in 12.

A good setup would be any 66A+B ground hit combo into 1A wake-up for guard break.

Bingo dude, you get exactly it, since the way i most use it is

A+G ->4B BE -> 66A+B -> 1A

Basically sometime i sacrifice the lil damage of last hit (example do 1B after 66A+B) to get the guard break with 1A
I trust a lot on Zwei guardbreaking skills, from what i've seen people before yellow flash seem don't care to trade blocked strikes with him, but they don't realize that when flash appear shit is just going to happen :D

Im not sure if this is new but I figured out something interesting that seems to work.

First of all 4[A+B] Breaks Guard in 6 hits. If mixed wih other attacks it can break in 5.
4[A] Ein 4[A+B] etc

4A+B and 4[A+B] are both unsafe, the later being less since it has push back and forces crouch.

Combo: B+K BE 4A+B Crush Ein CE B+K 4A+B. Its 136ish damage.

Found something new, and I have tested and used in combat.

4[A]/ 22K Ein 22BB 1K*

Hit with 4[a], Hold Ein and attempt to land 22/88K. If 22K Lands then this combo is guranteed. If blocked 22K EIN will allow you to continue attacking, for example hit 4[A]\ block 22K Ein 66B/214B/AA etc.

There are a lot of other combos that can be done but this one builds 1/8 of meter.

So I been having a weird drive to mess with ZWEI and learn his alot as of lately, where do I start if I wanna learn ZWEI and what tips do you guys recommend for a new cat trying to learn ZWEI like Pro's&Cons etc etc. ?

Back