Z.W.E.I. General Discussion/Q&A

I have a question and I would be grateful for an answer.
When I do 66A+B charged EIN I cannot use A or B attacks (pad R1- A+B). How do you execute 214b while EIN is still charging here?

Guys i don't know if this is old or not....but i think i found something really interesting!!!!.....

I was testing some frame data from the official guide. I was testing the 22_88 K....the guide say that this move is i18....and after the throw A+G you get 18 frames for do any i18 attack like like 4A(i18) or an attack with less impact frames like 4B(i17).....but i dont get to hit the 22K that supose to be i18.....and i was thinking, what if the quickstep transition, that wind trail animation, is making this hard to hit, and i was doing the 8wayRun buffer thing....6632K, and still doesn't hit.....well at last i came to conclude that the 22_88 K is not i18....but....the interesting part came here....i found another way to buffer 8wayrun moves, i think is a bit faster...idk if this is old or not, but look, this for a 33B attack:

-33B........quick step animation before the attack animation.
-663 B.....No quick step animation before the attack, but a little dash/step forward before the attack.

this is the method i found:
-6[3] B......no QS animation, no forward dash, if you get it right, you get like an instant 33B attack!!....maybe is faster than the other methods...idk if this is better or not, but it feels that cancels any animation before any 8wayrun attack.

the key thing is, when you make 6[3]...you have to wait a little before presing the B button, in practice mode i get this notation(dots before B is just for seeting the B icon on the last arrow icon):
.............:B:
:6::3::(3):

other examples:
-44A, will be this way.....632[1]A
-22B, this way.....63[2]B.

if this is old, sorry :(............if not, i hope you understand my bad english :P.

22K is i18 but since it can only done from step, you can only do this after sidestepping first. Done like this its at least i28 :)
You cannot make moves come out faster afaik. I've done extensive testing on this, and I fear that step/movement has some kind of 10 frames ban on accepting certain inputs. You can make it LOOK like this is faster but in the end it will come out slower.
This is the testing situation I used
Mitsu1: BB,44A
Mitsu2(you): 33_99K
if you buffer 33_99K it will trade with 44A
It seems impossible to reproduce even this trade by any other buffering method.

Anyway, I dont think its related to ZWEI. There is thread for this here: http://8wayrun.com/threads/buffering-8wr-attacks-in-scv.10385/

Woof. Would any familiar-summoning folks be interested in using their triple-handled sword and cyborg werewolf ghost to mercilessly tear Tira limb from limb on XBL? I'd like to spar against a Zwei main :D

Not sure if this has been pointed out or not, but most of Ein's attacks count as horizontals... even if they look vertical.

1{B}, {B}, {A}, and 4{A} are all horizontal attacks when it comes to auto-GIs. Xiba's Remembrance stance and Yoshi's Flash are limited to only horizontal GIs, but both GI all of these Ein attacks... and good players can do it on reaction.

:(

This it kind of lame, but thats really the least of Zwei's problems. Like Belial said, you can delay EIN and bait this. They can't interrupt your delay if they are waiting to GI EIN. The real problem is moves with long range and TC.

Woof. Would any familiar-summoning folks be interested in using their triple-handled sword and cyborg werewolf ghost to mercilessly tear Tira limb from limb on XBL? I'd like to spar against a Zwei main :D
I should be on this weekend. Gamertag is: Advent Hobo.

I often 1 to initiate some pain. If my opponent backs up, I habitually 66BA. I need to change this, as I learned on Live over the weekend. Opponents are backstepping just out of range and it's punishment city. Zwei commands patience, as you all know.

66BA seems to be a well known move, as I'm finding more and more people ducking the A end of it. It's helped me adjust my game, hit confirming 66B before I just launch in A. Just an observation.

One last thing: 4[A] into 66B+K is awesome when it hits.

So who else nearly spams A] and B]? I use them to fish for random damage, train the opponent to block, and push them back to mid-range (where Z.W.E.I. shines).

I find 4B works to create some quick space, then I'll follow up with A] or B], depending on what I think they'll do. B] for those duckers, and A] for the rest. After that, it's back to 4A], or 1B].

I know I'm on the right path when people either compliment my Zwei or get super pissed.

I did not see a Bugs thread, so I will post this here.

Character: ZWEI
Mode: VS
Opponent: Siegfried
Level: Ivy's (Library/Alchemy/Thingy)
Description: After successful A+G grab, attempted 4B hits, does damage, but does not STUN. I haven't tried to replicate this bug yet.

This is also the second time I've encountered a bug involving attacks on this particular stage (albeit with different characters).

4B BE 66A+B hold 214B is UB if you delay the 214B found this awhile ago but figured you guys already knew, it's not all that great but good for a every once in awhile gimmick.

I've been having a lot of success with 4A], E.I.N hits, 66B+K. It looks awesome! Nothing like E.I.N smackin' a fool and Z.W.E.I sault-attacking.

This is kind of random and late but am I the only one disappointed with Z.W.E.I.'s Theme? I was expecting something like Valkenhayn's theme from Blaz Blue.

What's the use o [b+k]A+B+K? Not only I don't know how to use it effectively, but holding B+K doesn't seem to alter the move significantly either.

What's the use o [b+k]A+B+K? Not only I don't know how to use it effectively, but holding B+K doesn't seem to alter the move significantly either.

It's a mind game thing. Holding it allows you to delay EIN a little while longer. You can A+G throw and then he'll pop out. I use it when a foe is on the ground and I'll follow up with 33K. It's a low, which almost always connects, and guarantees EIN.

Back