Zass study sessions on PSN/XBOXL

Good games last night Diajinn, couple things to note:

-You are too predictable. A lot of oppourtunities to punish your predicability offline. For example: You would often do things like 6A..6A..6AB or 66B..66BB. When used in succession the "JUST KIDDING" factor diminishes.

-You also attack a lot. I rarely GI, but someone else would have a field day. I know you probably remember many times with Xianghua where I hit you with crybaby for hovering over my body when I was grounded. If you arent going to play oki, dont stand over them waiting for someone to get up, especially if youre low on life.

-Stop using 1AB at close range.

And were you using 44B+K~G fakouts before we started playing? Ive played several Zas's before, none of them did that to my knowledge.

And something I realized. Zas's 2B4 cans Xianghua's 44B. Which sucks, because X is way better than Zasalamel.

I’d be interested in a Zas study session. I’m not the best so I’m looking to play some of the better players (no offense if you’re not one of the better players, but I doubt playing me would improve your game much anyways).

Good games last night to Artilust. He was beating me around 10-0 before he presumably got bored and left (sorry I wasn’t a better match). I would like to hear your tips though if you get a chance. All I can say for myself is-in addition to most everything else-my defense was god-awful. I’m pretty sure I didn’t defend a single throw. Pretty much the only time I wasn’t getting hit was if I stayed out of range. The only thing I may have done well was applied pressure; I got his soul gauge blinking on more than one occasion. Of course, all that says is he blocked most everything I did, so there you go.

P.S. Thanks for smacking me around with Talim there at the end, it was truly icing on the cake.

I actually left because I was annoyed at that Ivy. Playing Ivy's when they just cat n mouse all day baiting for stupid stun comboes really get under my skin, I would have smashed that ass offline. It just gets old when people play the game the way it shouldnt be played.

NE WAY..

You were fine. I would have talked more on the mic, but I was already annoyed like shit from playing hours before. Wasnt your fault. Your problem is you are really aggressive, but you dont attacks precisely. If more like a flurry of hits where at some point youre bound to hit me at some point. Not that you didnt know what you were doing, but I had a feeling you werent playing very much so by frames. You get locked down easily I find.

66BB on block leaves you in a terrible position. We gotta play more, Ill really speak into the mic and tell you in real time, my memory is jaded. Your Zas is pretty good.

Freaky I gotta play you again soon, wanna see if you've got any new tricks. I been playing around with a few things.

Funny, Arty. When I played OP he just turtled.

K, Orphy, I think maybe you were having a bad day, maybe you were just shaken up by Yash-man here, but I'd like to reiterate what I told you while we were playing plus a few more things.

-Have a gameplan in mind before you fight. You seemed like you were kind of just throwing out moves at random. Open up with a few pokes, 22K, 3K, B, and then start dashin' and steppin' off of that.

-Like what the Yashster said, look at the frames a bit, don't try to learn things exactly, but learn if things are in the -2 to -5 range, or 10-15 or whatever. Just get a feel. It almost seemed like you were more inclined to attack after ones of yours was blocked than after one of mine was blocked.
If a move is more than -20, I think you should feel confident to punish. I spammed iGDR at you all day and I don't think you punished a single one. Just throw out BB or AA if you think it might be punishable.
Don't throw out punishable moves. 66A+B and 1AB are not good pokes.

-Hitcheck. You didn't finish a lot of your combos.

But overall, you're off to a good start. Playing Zas isn't easy, but I think that you have the makings of an Omega.

Diajinn, I totally forgot you were on this site. You get a thumbs up.

No you're pretty good, spectacular considering how little time you've had the game.
I can tell you have a really good feeling for Zas and the game in general.

If you stepped a bit more you'd be perfect.
Like: 6kB step, 22K step, 4A step, etc...

Holy crap?

GGs to Kaz, it was an awesome session especially towards the end, you picked up quickly on spacing and the mind games.

Now you need learn how to shake stuns, and learn which moves are actually unsafe, and how to mask them from the opponent.

Really fun stuff especially that last round. Epic.

thanks King Ace GG to you definetly picked up some stuff from you and yeah the last round was tough all the blocking, jump at the last min made for a good ass match to finsh the night.

Tofu gg to you. nice execution especially for you to have just got this good stuff.

Sup all been a while, i had my email set up to alert me if there was nay replies to this thread but i guess i didn't set it up right.

Yash thanks for the advice I agree i attack a lot, and i remember fighting u that night and gettin nailed every time.

Freak gg's again and Zeyoo i think i played u recently in one of my rooms gg's i got whooped there too haha.

I havent been playin for a bit but i hope to be on soon and ill look yall up, but i would like to get some practice turtling
i grow impatient fast. Anyone else look me up sometime and we'll battle.

Take it easy yall,
Jinn

gg's Kaz u got a soild Zas, and Striker its too bad our con sucked it was gettin to be a good fight the first round.

All in all im still tryin to practice defense and work on spacing. Anyone got any tips on spacing speciffically?

I need more practice haha.

Later

I've just come back to Soul Cal IV after a summer of failed experimenting with other games (I learned that 2D fighters suck), and now realize, although rather unfortunately, my absolute favorite characters to play as are Zas and Tira (low tier yay). MAYBE one of you could analyze my Zasalamel play-style and gimme tips. I am not a noob at soul calibur IV, but it is my first, and favorite true fighting game

Sorry to break it to you but its the other way around.

2D >>> 3D

3D is a poor noob's 2D. Its super slow and very unpredictable. Lots of useless moves..etc etc. Since playing 2D over the summer, my execution and overall grace in Soul Calibur has increased exponentially.

Then go play blazblue and quit lurking in this forum. I already got that covered.

or

Let's turn a Zasalamel practice thread into a controversial argument over people's opinions towards 2d and 3d fighters!

My Opinion: 3d fighters are slower, which is good because more strategic planning is allowed.
2d fighters are too fast and random. Skill commonly falls to who spent hours training their muscles to pull off redonk combos.

Kombiya mil'lord kimbiya!!!

Or however you spell that shit lol Let's douse the flames before they start and get some discussions in here!

Well add me on PSN Diajinn gamertag and ill mirror you I always try to learn something from every Zas i fight.

I kinda agree im not much of a 2d fighter personally I always liked games that required you to actually hit with a fist kick or weapon etc.. rather than sit and shoot fireballs etc at ya all day lol

Zas owns and I love the fact that he's low tier as well, I think my next will be maxi. But yea hit me up and well get a mirror in just be sure to let me know u was on 8way run i get add's sometimes and im like who is this? lol

GG's in advance and ill be lookin for ya.
Jinn

Back