Zass wins A tourney? Lets Study this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingAce

HERMITISM
Well some of you were wandering what the heck I might have been talking about when I was talking that mess about Zass being all technical and shit.

Anyway I said that this character demands innovation, and smarts for a player to successfully win with him, especially in high level fights. Here's what I meant...personally I knew Omega Mitsurugi was still representing Zass, and to me that meant I needed to level up with this character, because people like him make it look easy...Tiers don't mean shit here.

Watch the vids please.

http://drfl.proboards40.com/index.cgi?board=sc&action=display&thread=1431
EDIT:
YouTube - Soul Calibur 4 Omega Vs Robert
YouTube - Soul Calibur 4 Omega Vs Jeffry (Finales) FINALS

Notes to self::

use 2B4 a LOT more
44K gives crazy frames and pushout
3AB (MM) directly after 66BB (ML)
2A into 66A+B

Very interesting things. Its funny how even a slight difference in playstyle can cause a lot of study and theory to occur.

BT 2K 66BB is golden. I use that myself.

Might I add, there were people deeming 2B+K_2[B+K] useless in that other topic just yesterday. Look how effective that shit is.

Look at 2:23 in the finals video. JESUS. This is wtf Im talking about.

Notes to self::

use 2B4 a LOT more
44K gives crazy frames and pushout
3AB (MM) directly after 66BB (ML)
2A into 66A+B

Very interesting things. Its funny how even a slight difference in playstyle can cause a lot of study and theory to occur.

BT 2K 66BB is golden. I use that myself.

I didn't know about that, lol. If they're expecting BT B+K... And 2B4 is i16, right? It takes an i12 mid to interrupt him on hit, since it gives him +4 on hit.

Edit: Lol, this shit is great! Thank you, KingAce!

Might I add, there were people deeming 2B+K_2[B+K] useless in that other topic just yesterday. Look how effective that shit is.

I haven't even seen the videos yet myself(I am using my jobs computer, and it doesn't let me watch youtube vids) but I told them kats that just before I made this thread.

Basically if you wanted to know, this is Zass I am trying to surpass. I haven't seen his SC4 Zass yet, but going on what his SC3 Zass was doing...basically I was modeling my game around that. Just because a move isn't safe doesn't mean it shouldn't be used...it's all about mind games, checks, and playing as unpredicatable as possible.

Expect to see his SC4 Zas more like SC4. He actually uses BB a lot like he did in SC3 tho, but its effective. Lots of 4B+K, but his Zasalamel was DEFENSIVE. Didnt use 1AB much of at all. Lots of 2B+K on wakeup and 22B for walking games with its crazy range. Which is how he should be played!!! His 66A+B punishment was great too, seeing as an ill-placed one will have you guessing between a throw and a beefy mid if you duck.

His JF timing is immaculate. At one point he did 4A:BA *wall splat* B:K 4B:B BT B+K 2B4. FUCKING BRILLIANT.

What time you get off? We need to play.

Expect to see his SC4 Zas more like SC4. He actually uses BB a lot like he did in SC3 tho, but its effective. Lots of 4B+K, but his Zasalamel was DEFENSIVE. Didnt use 1AB much of at all. Lots of 2B+K on wakeup and 22B for walking games with its crazy range. Which is how he should be played!!! His 66A+B punishment was great too, seeing as an ill-placed one will have you guessing between a throw and a beefy mid if you duck.

His JF timing is immaculate. At one point he did 4A:BA *wall splat* B:K 4B:B BT B+K 2B4. FUCKING BRILLIANT.

What time you get off? We need to play.

I see he got you hyped...man when I get off at 7:00 am...I will be too tired and sleepy to play well at all.

Actually he isn't using BB, I am pretty sure he is doing BB4(Although, I haven't seen the vids yet).
I understand why he isn't using 1AB, that's not his style to begin with. Actually I am also trying to lessen the amount of 1AB usage myself, it's more effective when used less, otherwise it will get blocked a lot and put you at disadvantage. 22B is better in that sense(wake up wise)

66A+B is something I haven't gotten around to yet, I have been using 3B a lot and that shit was getting me no where. 66A+B is the most damaging mid he has at close distance it tracks, and if stepped successfully at close proximity...it spaces you away from the opponent.

BB4 does do more damage than 2B4. It doesn't put him in crouch, either, so it gives him different options for mixup.

2B4 is -12 as opposed to BB4's -13, and since it puts him in crouch he isn't going to get hit with crap like Amy's 6BB, Taki's 2aB, or Yoshi's AA (Which is i11, for some reason). I think BB4 would be pretty damn good as a close ranged whiff punisher, though.

Omega is very beastly. Clinical in the way he plays as expected. 4B+K is key to Zas.....i thought Lau demonstrated that already haha. He needs it

Look at 2:23 in the finals video. JESUS. This is wtf Im talking about.

Some of his opponents were morons though....

On another note the most surprising thing to me is his use of 66A+B I never use it like that heck I never even thought about using it like that.

I love it!

Morons in what respect? By not blocking a low thats difficult to read up close?

I believe that the biggest mistake Omega's opponents made were their over-aggression which lead to many nasty CHs. Because of this they began to lock up, typically after a launch into the oki mindgames. He took control of close range, an excellent strategy, when in actuality Zas isnt strong up close. He got them to freeze, and therefore making 2B+K quite practical.

I dont quite see the "moron" that you see, but hey.

What do you think of my revised tier list NOW, after seeing this? Not to say "play like omega" but his Zas is the safest Ive seen by far. He rarely used 4K if at all, but lots of emphasis on 6A, 66A, 44K and 6B. Interesting indeed. The most engaging part is a Zasalamel not built around 1AB. This is probably the thing I will adopt the most about these videos.

Also edited the 1st post to include direct YT links to the omega videos.

Note that most of the players in this tourney bound their buttons, though. That might have been a key factor in pulling foff those JFs.

Bound buttons or not it still requires JF timing. Most tournaments allow you to change the button configuration before the match anyway.

At any rate, I dont see what difference bound buttons make when Zasalamels JF's only require single-button presses. I cant speak for anyone else.

Hey guys thanks for the complimets, trying my best with the black guy, first none of the players were morons remember when you are in a tourney you are always nervous and with a lot of pressure, Zas in my opinion is really strong cause of the game he has, just think like this his game is powerfull but is only powerfull in CH, so if the opponent is blocking a lot i just use 4 B+K until his soul gauge brakes, keep watching there are more vids from the tourney to come, peace and again thanks for the compliments o another thing i only use A+K as button mapping everything else is manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back