Zass wins A tourney? Lets Study this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hilde vs Zas matches were especially awesome. The Hilde played really really well. Intense! Those matches were better than the finals :)

Suddenly I want to play Zasalamel. That final round of the final match where Yoshi just kinda ran around the outside of the ring because he was so befuddled was just priceless.

Good vids. Intersting and good zas !
Watched the Zas vs Hilde vid, that Hilde was just way too much charge based. Too bad, he could have CH Omega a lot more with fast moves like AA / 2A / 3K. She really needs to throw more too. And lear to punish moves like 2B4 or BB4 (6A+K's your best friend).

The Hilde player wasn't all that charge-based. Or at the very least, being such wasn't a detriment. His ability to land her various combos was impressive.

Despite the fact that Zasalamel is low tier, I think he owns and if you use him correctly he can be a really good character.

That's the case with pretty much every character. However, one thing that separates upper tier characters from lower ones is how well they do when their opponent knows that character well... lol, I'm not trying to imply anything here. I just want to see how effective he can be when he's up against somebody who knows how he works.

That's the case with pretty much every character. However, one thing that separates upper tier characters from lower ones is how well they do when their opponent knows that character well... lol, I'm not trying to imply anything here. I just want to see how effective he can be when he's up against somebody who knows how he works.
Well well, how do you know Zas is low tier if you dont even know how he works , belive me they know how Zas plays cause we play in casuals, all the players that were in the tourney know each other.Personally i dont think hes low tier at all.

Well well, how do you know Zas is low tier if you dont even know how he works and belive me they know how Zas plays cause we play in casuals, all the players that were in the tourney know each other.Personally i dont think hes low tier at all.

Oh wow I disagree I just don't think he even makes it to mid tier

Every person has a different opinion if not the world would be perfect, people who knows me from the states they know how i play they could give an opinion of how i play and how i am, is good when you see everything from the outside but when you are on the inside everything is different, peace,Omega out.

Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree, Omega. You play Zas very well (the best I've seen), but I still think he's low tier. Don't take that as an insult. If anything, take that as a major compliment in that you were able to win a tournament with arguably one of the worst characters in the game, which means you had to be that much better to make up for your character's weaknesses. Kind of like going to war with a pellet gun or hitting a home run with a wiffle bat. Either way, great job!

Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree, Omega. You play Zas very well (the best I've seen), but I still think he's low tier. Don't take that as an insult. If anything, take that as a major compliment in that you were able to win a tournament with arguably one of the worst characters in the game, which means you had to be that much better to make up for your character's weaknesses. Kind of like going to war with a pellet gun or hitting a home run with a wiffle bat. Either way, great job!
Jjejejeeejejjeje that was a good one thanks for the compliments, i personally think that the game is very balance except for kilik(algol is banned in DR, Vader and Yoda also), i think his way to good and they should balance him in the next update, but even thou hes strong its not an abuse, Soul Calibur forever the best figthing game in the world.

i personally think that the game is very balance except for kilik

Funny you should mention that, since the Kilik I saw in that vid looked like he was actually trying to play Kilik, as opposed to the 3-4 move spam that actually makes Kilik so top tier. Who knew making that change to Asura would be THIS bad? Honestly all they need to do is put it back to the way it was prior to 1.03 and he's fine.

A good fighting should have the difference between the tiers so marginal, that no one is surprises when a so-called lower tiered fighter wins.

Look at Virtua Fighter 5. Chibita is one of the best players and he has used Lion, a low tier character to win several tournaments. Tiers do exist in VF5 and SC4, but I think both games has done such a good job on balance, that almost all charcters have a chance at winning.

Hey guys thanks for the complimets, trying my best with the black guy, first none of the players were morons remember when you are in a tourney you are always nervous and with a lot of pressure, Zas in my opinion is really strong cause of the game he has, just think like this his game is powerfull but is only powerfull in CH, so if the opponent is blocking a lot i just use 4 B+K until his soul gauge brakes, keep watching there are more vids from the tourney to come, peace and again thanks for the compliments o another thing i only use A+K as button mapping everything else is manual.

Dude, I must say, your pretty damn good. Impressive Zas, you took advantage of every situation. Good shit.

The Hilde player whiffed a lot of her charged Bs.

Note Omega vs Chiki...This match showed you one of Zasalamel's worst match-ups. Kilik's auto Gis can beat out a lot of Zass's options. Especially Asura.

I was not dissing Omega in any way he is definitly the best Zas I have ever seen period. I'm simply saying his opponents didn't look like they had a clue what they were doing. Especially the Voldo he seemed like he was lacking a complete understanding of his character.

I ask this not to argue (because I refuse to be cocky about anything I'm not absolutely sure I'm awesome at and I'm still a looooong ways off in the SC area) but genuinely to inquire, especially as somebody who loves him the sweet, sweet Voldo action.

That said, what is it you think he did that seemed to show a lack of understanding? I was watching the match and my first thought was "Dude, this guy uses Mantis Crawl way too much" but he seemed to realize that himself by match two. Other than that, the only things I could really say about the guy is he seemed to underuse basic fundamentals in favor of tricks and he used CR B too much (I really hate that move unless it provides me a ring out oppurtunity).

I would also say he used the worm/fish out of water moves too much, but they really seemed to work for him in those matches.

He seemed overall solid enough to me, aside from that.

Though, I'm usually wrong, so I never miss an oppurtunity to get some insight on my favorite gimp from somebody who is more confident about what they're talking about.

Oh, and also, that is some wicked Zas action, Omega.

thanks guys, no i dont use mitsu at all since sc3 Zas is to cool no more mitsu for me jejejeje i hope you liked the vids.

his zas was killer effective...nothing a GI wouldn't solve tho i thinkj zas's dangerous quickness could be his undoing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back