1.03 Tier List Discussion (aka Argument)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take away Rocks throw mixups and what do you have?

Why take that mixup away at all? Rock has several tools to put the enemy on the ground, either on counter hit or natural hit.
These ground throws are only 50% avoidable. Good players will not guess right every time.
And that's without even counting the follow up, which might be escapable, or might not be escapable.

Rock has plenty of opportunities to use that mixup. ...Which has more possibilities than you seem to think.

Take Astaroth, remove his grabs, and reduce his damage by 50%, what do you have?

Wait, some characters actually aren't tournament legal? There is no such thing as being cheap to me and you use everything the game gives you to your arsenal.

yoda and vader are always banned
algol is banned at almost all tournaments
apprentice is banned in some contries and will be banned in the US eventually

whether you are right or wrong, the community in general disagrees with you, so if you want to play in tournaments, you have to follow the rules of the community

apprentice is banned in some contries and will be banned in the US eventually

He'll be banned only if SC4 is released on arcade and he's not in the arcade version (near 100% probability if it comes out on arcade).

Vader and Yoda may be unbanned in the future...

I was just reminding people that discussing the tier of banned characters is a waste of time.

Why is Vader and the Apprentice banned? That is bs imo.

Vader is banned because he was only on the PS3, so Xbox360 players could never fight him, therefore it isn't fair to them. Same deal with Yoda with the consoles reversed. Now that they're available on both consoles they might be unbanned, but it might not happen as their banning has already been established (and not everyone would buy them).

Why is Vader and the Apprentice banned? That is bs imo.

Apprentice is over-powered in my opinion. His grabs do a shit load of damage, he's get a helluva lot of speed and the only real draw back is his Force Meter. If that wasn't there, he'd be as broken as MC Hammer's record sales.

And about Vader, I see nothing special about him.

Actually I could give a crap about the Apprentice, but I'm really liking Vader. Who do we talk to about getting him unbanned or is this pretty much a hopeless cause. There should be no excuse now that he's on both consoles.

do you even enter tournaments? people who complain about character bans when they don't even enter tournaments always amuse me

do you even enter tournaments? people who complain about character bans when they don't even enter tournaments always amuse me

To be fair Tiamat, whether or not he has entered tournaments is irrelevant. Vader nor Yoda (especially Yoda) have been proved to be broken simply because they are not. If I'm not mistaken, a character is usually banned because of brokenness or because the character is not available i.e. Link, Spawn and Heihachi. Now that Vader is accessible for both consoles, he has a legitimate reason for asking why they would remain banned.

You think the SC community needs a good reason for characters to be banned? Good one. I seriously doubt Vader and Yoda will ever be unbanned. People shouldn't even be talking about them in a tier discussion thread.

You think the SC community needs a good reason for characters to be banned? Good one. I seriously doubt Vader and Yoda will ever be unbanned. People shouldn't even be talking about them in a tier discussion thread.

Then I propose we ban Nightmare. We don't need a good reason to ban a character since we are the SC community so that's my proposition.

If you really want this community to be taken seriously when this game goes pro, then I would suggest starting now. If not, then continue on making decisions without any logical reason.

I completely agree, we should ban Nightmare. His ROs are cheap with GS KK ground pickup, he's only character who can RO you for lying down which is unfair and broken. Plus, if we do ban him, my other main won't be lonely anymore. :)

Apprentice is over-powered in my opinion. His grabs do a shit load of damage, he's get a helluva lot of speed and the only real draw back is his Force Meter. If that wasn't there, he'd be as broken as MC Hammer's record sales.

And about Vader, I see nothing special about him.

lol

You should lurk more. Dont want to give anyone the impression that you dont have a clue.

Oh wait.

I completely agree, we should ban Nightmare. His ROs are cheap with GS KK ground pickup, he's only character who can RO you for lying down which is unfair and broken. Plus, if we do ban him, my other main won't be lonely anymore. :)

We got two votes! Any more? XD

In all seriousness, that is crazy that he can pick up with a kick and still ring someone out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back