1[A] Strategy

the best thing would be to Jump 1[a] I think. I mean you could eat the 1ak but it wont grab you while your airborn... or will it?

depends of the situation, for example, if u are near to the ring edge, believe me do NOT jump. if u are in the middle of ring i preffer to jump for less damage,

there is a excelent tech trap with the 1(A), after 3B hits in close range 1(A) full Charged is guaranteed if they dont tech, and if they try to stand by seeying the 1(A) theyll get hit by full charged 1(A)6 GS KK

there is a excelent tech trap with the 1(A), after 3B hits in close range 1(A) full Charged is guaranteed if they dont tech, and if they try to stand by seeying the 1(A) theyll get hit by full charged 1(A)6 GS KK
Nice. It is close. Thumbs up!
See 0:48
See 5:43
See 6:09 and 7:51

3B->1[A] is good against every characters' Dead in close range except Astaroth's and Yoda's. Beside, to against every characters, you need the different hit range. You can perform 1[A]->GSKK combo depends on different hit ranges to against different characters's Dead->Guard because Wake-up->Guard are unable to guard low in 1 frame specific timing. In very close range, it is worth to do and it is as good as 44BB, which has different good shit.

For example:
Against Sophitia's Dead->Guard in very close range: 3B->1[A]6 will pick up the body.
Against Sophitia's Dead->Guard in close range: 3B->1[A]6 gets ground hit only.
Against Sophitia's Dead->Guard in mid range: 3B->1[A] can be guarded.
Against Rapheal's Dead->Guard in very close range: 3B->1[A]6 will pick up the body.
Against Rapheal's Dead->Guard in close range: 3B->1[A]6 will pick up the body still.
Against Astaroth's Dead->Guard in very close range: 3B->1[A] can be guarded.
***You can use (hit)3B->1[A]L2 against Dead in far range, but I do not recommend.

More. Since (CH)3B can bounce opponent higher, it can perform 3B->1[A] against all characters' Dead including Astaroth's and Yoda's by more time. Because of having more time, you can perform 3B->1[A]6->GSKK follow-up in far range only against characters' Dead->Guard except Astaroth's and Yoda's (in close range.)

Either 3B hit in close range or counter hit, the follow-up, 1[A] is as good as 44BB.
Here we go.
1A6(ground hit)->GS->mix-ups has around +3 frames advantage if opponent play Dead.
1A6(ground hit)->GS->mix-ups has around +9 frames advantage if opponent do tech-roll.
33B6(ground hit)->GS->mix-ups has around +6 frames advantage if opponent play Dead.
33B6(ground hit)->GS->mix-ups has around +12 frames advantage if opponent do tech-roll.
3(ground hit)->GS->mix-ups has around -4 frames disadvantage if opponent play Dead.
3(ground hit)->GS->mix-ups has around +2 frame advantage if opponent do tech-roll.
Weee..... =D

Siegfried Base Hold auto-Gis 1a and tech crouches so 1a[k] will pass over his head. If i can B+K on reflex I think il negate 1a :D

unless you're standing up from a knockdown and I release 1A early

otherwise yes

yeah NM shouldn't be able to get away with BS like 1[A] (blocked) 1[a] on sieg for example lol

i must say, its very satisfying to hit someone with 1aK jumping, and subsequently ring them out with gs KK

I made a crappy typo in the first post at the bottom saying it is more worthwhile for 2P NM to do guarnateed 1[A] from CH NSS K when it is actually more worthwhile for 1P. See first post if you need detail -_-

Won't 7G jump 1A and bring you out of range of the K?

Hi uhmmm I'm new here, But i'll say regardless if you do jump it, the 1:(A):k, makes Nighty step foward so you are not capable of dodging it, unless somehow we could jump horizontally in this game O_O... Darm you taki, and apprentice... xD

Hi uhmmm I'm new here, But i'll say regardless if you do jump it, the 1:(A):k, makes Nighty step foward so you are not capable of dodging it, unless somehow we could jump horizontally in this game O_O... Darm you taki, and apprentice... xD

Someone answered and said that it works at farther ranges. What about Raph's 44B? It's kinda slow, but I think it TCs a little as well as GIing lows.

Someone answered and said that it works at farther ranges. What about Raph's 44B? It's kinda slow, but I think it TCs a little as well as GIing lows.
Yes, it's been mentioned that some characters have ways to deal with both options; for example, Siegfried's Base Hold stance GI's lows and TCs Highs. The way to counter these counter-measures is to release 1A early.

Back