2B+G Study

D_Matt_Ma

[10] Knight
I'm moving the 2B+G segment from cf.com.

2B+G is the best crouch throw in the entire game. After 2B+G hits, here are your options:

2_8A+B- INSANE ringout/wallsplat power that you can control. If the ring ledge is to the back, left, or right of an opponent, landing this should be a ring out. This does miss on certain characters like Hilde and Yoshimitsu.

Jump B- This is the ULTIMATE followup. After this lands, the opponent can only just frame tech this. If they do, a crouch throw will tech trap them (just a reminder, 2B+G is a crouch throw ). If they do not tech, most characters are on the ground with a few frames where they CANNOT GUARD AND THE COMBO METER IS RESET. The below are the best follow-ups I could find for each character.

Unversal HARD: 9G:B > 6B+K

Amy, Tira, Zasalamel - 9B > 2A+K
Amy HARD: 9G:B > 8G:B

Cassandra, Sophitia, Ivy, Lizzardman, Taki, Ralphael, Voldo, Xianghua, Yun Seung, Algo, Apprentice - 9B > 6B+K

Rock, Astaroth - 9B > 9B

Mitsurugi, Cervantes, Siegfried, Nightmare, Maxi - 9B > 8B

Hilde, Kilik, Seung Mina, Yoshimitsu - 8B > 6B+K

Talim - 7B > 2A+K
Talim Hard - 9G~B > 6B+K

Setsuka - 9G~B > 2A+K
Setsuka HARD - 9G:B > 6B+K

These are not the most damaging followups. They are simply the EASIEST most damaging followups that reset the combo meter, meaning you can combo into a crouch throw and still deal big damage.

That would be me. I'm Draco there, D_Matt Ma here. I give myself permission to post it. Thanks for protecting though.

i just wanna add... 2B+G -> step left -> 1A+G_B+G I believe this is universal... and guaranteed...

you can pretty much expect this won't be broken mainly because it's a bit unexpected

-LAU

hotnikkelz:

your msn sucks..... i'm not holding back its just your msn sucks.. get on we'll talk more.

D:
true but in those cases you need a back RO for victory and you landed a 2B+G -> step left -> 1B+G FTW

-LAU

Rock's left?

Anyway, I checked it out today, having the chance to play some SC4 a bit this afternoon; it was Vader I was thinking of when I said 2B+G whiffs. On Hilde it's just 8B that completely misses for some reason, while 9B hits fine, and even A+B seemed to be working, though to a reduced degree. All good news. I never should have doubted you guys!

Rock's left?

Anyway, I checked it out today, having the chance to play some SC4 a bit this afternoon; it was Vader I was thinking of when I said 2B+G whiffs. On Hilde it's just 8B that completely misses for some reason, while 9B hits fine, and even A+B seemed to be working, though to a reduced degree. All good news. I never should have doubted you guys!

This cannot be true. When I tested it, 9B always missed while 8B always hit. A+B doesn't work unless you hit guard to reallign and then do it, which requires INSANE timing when under pressure.

Are you sure? How are you landing your crouch throw? Is it off axis?

Er. Mistyped: 9B whiffed, 8B hit. A+B was hitting, but very low to the ground, so not very much distance for ROs. Maybe it was the alignment? I tested a few using 44K, 2B+G on normal hit vs standing neutral, that doesn't combo, but crouch throws are guaranteed if they don't do anything.

Gah! Who knows when I'll have a chance to check again.

i wanna mention any characters that got a hard time connecting 9B... try 8B... if that doesn't work try 7B.... usually 7B works well for me for those characters i'm not too sure.

-LAU

Theres just so many exceptions in this game! :D
To bad I only get practice vs Siegfried Asta and Cassy, even if I know my own character well enough it feels like i wont ever learn enough about the other chars.

On topic:
A+B doesn't work unless you hit guard to reallign and then do it, which requires INSANE timing when under pressure.

Maybe I'm confused, but A+B always hits doesn't it?

Theres just so many exceptions in this game! :D
To bad I only get practice vs Siegfried Asta and Cassy, even if I know my own character well enough it feels like i wont ever learn enough about the other chars.

On topic:

Maybe I'm confused, but A+B always hits doesn't it?

I mean A+B after 2B+G. JF dash after 2B+G also works.

i just wanna add... 2B+G -> step left -> 1A+G_B+G I believe this is universal... and guaranteed...

you can pretty much expect this won't be broken mainly because it's a bit unexpected

-LAU

I was messing around in training when I read this, and instead of stepping left, if you step right you can get in a 3A+G_B+G. Idk if it's been known but it's news to me.

Back