360 vs ps3

Ps3 pad is incredibly annoying to play on if you use the analog stick. Controller wise it really depends if you use d-pad or not

Ah, that was Demon Souls and then they released another for both consoles, ok, thanks.
SEE THaTS WhY PS3 IS BeTTar. It likes to share its game series with his poor xbox friend, who doesnt have good games. You have no good open world game? Here take GTA. You have no good rpg? Here take FF. You have no good sneaking game? Here take Metal gear solid. No good action game? Take Devil may cry. No fighter? Here's tekken for you.

SEE? PS is so nice to his XBox friend :P

It is all a matter of preference and games you like.

I have owned both. I recently traded off my Slim PS3 to pay off Xbox 360 reserves.

HRD has a valid point of how I felt whenever I played PS3 online(the few times I did). Seems very solitary. Even when I played Uncharted 2 and 3's MP, there was no communication, no smack talk, no call outs...teamwork was achieved by "Oh, I was just in the neighborhood" and the few times I played a FG...DCs all day(I was WIRED and Opened ports). Not to mention, just about every time I fired up the console I had to Agree to new terms and get a firmware update and every game needed one too, by the time it was all said and done, most of the time I didn't care to play anymore and turned it off. Even though I regularly bought games for it...I rarely played it. It just sat around collecting dust. Which ultimately made me decide to get rid of it. Blu-Ray is cute, but I can install one of those on a PC...but why do that when streaming and downloads exist? Also, I grew up with Nintendo and was a loyalist up until 2002 when I got a Playstation 2 for Tekken. So most of the franchises people love and adore on the console, I don't follow as well. (Except for Uncharted and Fat Princess)

Now. The Xbox isn't all sunshine and rainbows either. Seems the Slim models corrected alot of the RROD issues(I don't hear about it nearly as much) But I went, what...3 to 5 years of replacing and sending my 360s for repair? And Xbox Live...IS the console. Seriously, unless you're running a modded one. The actual Xbox 360 console is damn near useless without an internet connection. It needs internet to be worth a spit...and a $60 sub for online play(and additional features). The power of the Friend's List and Party Chat is pretty huge. I can stay social with the folks I want to stay social with and give the other guys the finger(unless certain games force me out) or if I want to play and call some random shmoe a 'fuckhead' I can do that too. And unlike PSN...I'll most likely get an equally or morally offensive reply at godspeed. But I like shooters. They feel pretty good on console and I really enjoy Gears and Halo, add to the fact most FGs are multi-platform anymore, I no longer NEED a Playstation to practice them.

Back to OP's question. If you don't really use Live and not a diehard for the exclusives on Xbox360. Then yeah, I'd say go for a PS3. I'd recommend holding off a bit to save some dollar or to get a better deal. They are probably going to get cheaper as Black Friday/Cyber Monday looms closer and of course as time nears toward the holidays. Sign up for e-mail letters to Gamestop, Wal-Mart, Newegg, Best Buy, etc...and keep tabs on them.

Yeah i pretty much agree but i personally prefer the PS3 and honestly Im not the type to talk and play at the same time really since I never did unless it was a FPS. So if i played a fighter most of the time i wanna be silent and just play and if your the type to trash talk or talk i would ignore you 90% of the time. Controller wise for me the PS controller was always the best and when it came to playing fighters on 360 it was torture. I had to buy an adapter for the 360 and it didnt go so well so im waiting on Etokki to restock on the xbox to ps2 adapter. THIS is where we are kinda opposite and that is shooters because to me shooters are the bane of the creative games we have today and the market is so flooded with shooters its a total mess on creativity in the current gen we have for games BUT that is another discussion.

As for platform that is better? It really is on preference but if you want any dynasty warriors games then you will want a ps3 as it seems most of them are going to psn to download recently. But if it is an online experience you want then you will go to xbox cause live is 100x better than ps3 just ps3 is free so people never complained about the online there because as stated it is free. As for RPG's... well PS3 has been getting more RPG's lately and the ones that are not FPS tend to go to ps3 most of the time so that is a plus. A minor plus but a plus in general and it should spark your interest.

So I agree with HRD and rekano there when it comes to the difference between ps3 and 360. For the anti social in all of us though the ps3 is a perfect home xD.

EDIT: I do own both but my 360 is the opposite and collects dust and ps3 is the one being used the most. I do have an Elite and it does work so i cant complain xD. Bought the darn thing for tales of vesperia.

As a guy who doesn't do facebook and such. You can tell why I wouldn't give a rat's ass about the 360's live features.

If you want to socialize the 360 is the system for you.

I bought a bluetooth for my PS3 for SCV, I used it a couple times but I mostly just let it sit infront of my PS3. I just don't want to talk to you. Hell when my friends go on and on with a phone conversation, I start thinking to myself, "hey! we aint going out son...stfu.'

I am more of a real time real life conversationalist. I really hate socializing on the internet.

So if you want a strong single player, story driven experience. I suggest the PS3. It's for grown folk. Lets cut the bullshit if you just want to get to the game, and multiplayer is just an unnecessary addon...that you might mess with a few PS3 is right up your alley.

And we do have PSN+...I don't really now how well that experience compares to xbox live, but it is there.

I am thinking about owning a 360, because I played Halo 1 on the PC. And as a story addict I seriously want to finish the story. But I can't justify that investment yet.

I bought both consoles when I found out SC4 was coming out on both and actually used my xbox for the 1st two years almost exclusively as I was new to the whole online thing and that was a cool aspect. Once I started hanging with these tournament guys though I went to PS3 and haven't looked back. I will say though that for games like Darksiders I'd have to go back as it just doesn't feel right playing that shit with a PS3 pad. Also from my understanding xbox live is going to have a twitch.TV app on it soon so I'm probably gonna shell out the 50 bucks to get my live account going again.

I grew up quite in love with Playstation and Nintendo products, and made sure to get all three consoles last generation (PS2, Gamecube and Xbox). When it came time for the next round of consoles I got the 360 first because it was cheaper and it came out first, and by the time the PS3's price dropped to somewhere that I wanted it I was quite satisfied with my 360 and didn't get the PS3, despite my love of Sony.

I'd agree that the 360 has better online while the PS3 has better single player experiences. The PS3 also has superior Indie games in its store. They are so similar I would just get one based on how many people you know use a certain console, that way you can play together if the notion ever strikes you.

On a side note, if you use a thumbstick for any game that could in any way require precision (that doesn't compensate for your own input error, cough cough looking at you FPS genre), you are jerking off the devil.

Friends don't let friends use thumbsticks.

In terms of controllers on the plus side you can purchase controllers that have an Xbox 360 layout for ergonomic comfort; I remember a 3rd party manufacturer made a PS3 layout for the Xbox 360 and Microsoft basically sued that company. Sony seems to be generous enough to let 3rd party control manufacturers get away with the Xbox 360 layout.

As a guy who doesn't do facebook and such. You can tell why I wouldn't give a rat's ass about the 360's live features.

If you want to socialize the 360 is the system for you.

I bought a bluetooth for my PS3 for SCV, I used it a couple times but I mostly just let it sit infront of my PS3. I just don't want to talk to you. Hell when my friends go on and on with a phone conversation, I start thinking to myself, "hey! we aint going out son...stfu.'

I am more of a real time real life conversationalist. I really hate socializing on the internet.

So if you want a strong single player, story driven experience. I suggest the PS3. It's for grown folk. Lets cut the bullshit if you just want to get to the game, and multiplayer is just an unnecessary addon...that you might mess with a few PS3 is right up your alley.

And we do have PSN+...I don't really now how well that experience compares to xbox live, but it is there.

I am thinking about owning a 360, because I played Halo 1 on the PC. And as a story addict I seriously want to finish the story. But I can't justify that investment yet.
Same here, I can't talk to people either. Lol, I'm not sure why; I just don't talk to anyone. The only thing I love doing when it comes down to socializing is typing only.
SEE THaTS WhY PS3 IS BeTTar. It likes to share its game series with his poor xbox friend, who doesnt have good games. You have no good open world game? Here take GTA. You have no good rpg? Here take FF. You have no good sneaking game? Here take Metal gear solid. No good action game? Take Devil may cry. No fighter? Here's tekken for you.

SEE? PS is so nice to his XBox friend :P
Its rare if I bitch about a game.

Ill sell you mine. its a 160g slim (not this newest version the previous one) with 2 controllers and 7 games. Ill even ship it to you (no charge as I have company ups account) in the original box for $400.

games are:
assassins creed 3
soul calibur 4 & 5
modern warefare 3
infamous 1 & 2
red dead redemption.

I even have the recipt. It is almost exactly a year old.

interested?

@death... to each their own... :P and HRD sorry 400 is well out of my league. I think I'll stick with that best buy plan thanks for the offer though. and all the advice. its been very helpful. After all this I do think my playstyle is much more suited to a ps3 :)

Just look on craigslist for a ps3. I've seen 160 gig ps3 w/controller and games for 150 or so. Most people ask more than they'll settle for so with some bargaining you can find them for that price. PS products are usually pretty reliable just ask to see console work before purchase.

I recently decided to give PS3 a go and traded my 250 gig 360 w/2 controllers plus 4 games for a 320 gig PS3w/2 controllers and 4 games straight across. I did the trade thru craigslist by posting an ad looking to trade and dude responded. I had the PS3 for 2 weeks and ended up trading a different guy from craigslist back to a brand new 250 gig 360. I just found that while PS3 is great system I'm more partial towards the 360 and it's ease of use. People will trade if you post the ad!

Back