4B (everything you need to know about it)

Well you can't visually discern a 4 frames difference in recovery really but u can do maths to work it out if u must.

4B-> LO -> RC
He is in LO for 17 frames, then RC for 21 frames. Then u can guard.

While 4B psl3/psl1 -> RO/BL respectively, is 17 frames in LO, then 17 frames for RO/BL. Then u can guard.

Don't ask me how i came up with those numbers :p just trust me on it haha

I did a basic trial to the 4B -> PSL moves.

I set Hilde to Freestyle, action 1 = guard, action 2 = 2a

Tried 4B LO RC (neutral), blocked 2a

Tried 4B LO BL (PSL1), 2a hits

Tried 4B LO RO (PSL3), 2a hits

4B LO LI is just lol.

you guys are going all out on this research that doesn't even really matter. No one is going to attack you after 4B anyways if you have trained your the opponent to expect an attack afterwards. And if they do, just throw 4B again and make them pay with LO BK

Personally I always go for LO BK on 4B hit. I do a few more delayed LO BK to condition them. THEN i proceed to PSL shenanigans.

It's so hard to hit confirm 4B on hit -> LO BK. It requires a good deal of foresight, cuz if you fail...you're in for some hurt :)

It's so hard to hit confirm 4B on hit -> LO BK. It requires a good deal of foresight, cuz if you fail...you're in for some hurt :)

What works for me is to stare at your opponent before the 4B hits, so you can decide wheter to do LO BK or not.

This fails, for instance, when they they suddenly release the G button for some reason (and during the 4B animation, they were just holding G).

It's not as good as being able to hit confirm 4B on hit, but it helps.

Been messing around with 4B lately with a focus on getting to RC. My goal as of late is the try and get to RC which has RC A and his super fast PSL3 LI shift. My rational for working RC A is that its good damage, fairly safe, is hard to step, and is hard to interrupt. So with that in mind here is a few things:
1) Your fastest shift if the natural shift from RC without PSL
2) PSL2 will move you back, but not that much, so don't rely on it too much to make the opponent whiff.
3) PSL1 to RC will get you killed unless its in a combo. lol
4) 4B-> LO A is hit confirmable for the CH K, so use it. Alot.

Seems like the best way to use 4B is the do 4B -> LO B to train them, once they get used to blocking, you can mix in the LO A which is safe, low, and really evasive and the natural shift RC changeup which is awesome because then you get RC A, or the PSL3 -> LI mixups.

Back