6A+B Punishment Thread "SCV Edition"

Using his CE for punishment sometimes can be very useful still, since it allows you to punish things with a lot of pushback like Natsu's 66B where you need speed and range, and 6A+B doesn't have the reach even with the BE version. In general though yeah, 6A+B BE is the much better option. ..looks better too...

The AI showed me some crazy stuff. Maxi punished Phyrra's 66B BE with a CE inbetween the initial strike and the GB part. I went online and pulled this off in a room. Ah the mixture of praise and hate :)

The AI showed me some crazy stuff. Maxi punished Phyrra's 66B BE with a CE inbetween the initial strike and the GB part. I went online and pulled this off in a room. Ah the mixture of praise and hate :)

but, again you can WS B+K on the first hit of Pyrrha's 66B BE (and most of moves which forces Maxi to crounch) into BE KK.

@the rest: are you sure that 6A+B BE does more damage than a CE?? in training mode, the damage data shows that CE does from 88 to 110 of damage and, the best damage with 6A+B BE is 85... am i missing something?? O__oUu

Did a 6A+B BE that crashed through Xiba's CE animation, haven't tried to replicate it but we did it at the same time and I crashed through him sideways and punished him after the case. Just something I figured I'd let you guys know about, could of been something positionally situational but just throwing it out there.

Maxi may be better than I first thought.

6A+B BE on block gives a free LI A.

So far, LI on block also give a free LI A. But that's just from online experience, so I could be wrong here.

BlackDragon you are absolutely correct LI B fully charged gives a free LI A but be careful its very easy to step and punish.

I couldnt get the free LI A on a 6A+B BE but fully charged LI B into LI A BE is godlike.

Hmmm in that case I can probably scare them into blocking another one lol. I'm guessing I may only get them to be blocking a 6A+B BE supposedly

I think they're probably factoring in when you get a clean hit I guess.

Then, is best for punish the CE than 6A+B due you must have 2 clean hits and, even if you have both clean, the damage is still lower than CE's damage. So, i could not practice it in deep, but i think CE is even faster than 6A+B BE as a punisher... ^^U. Could you check this?

So, (IMO) the best "mind game" with 6A+B BE after a GC is a fully charge B... and yes, Fully chareg LI B grants a free LI A, but, i think is better to look forward for damaging the foe's block bar than damage in some situations (i.e. guardbar flashing red)

you have to be really careful with LI B, because it doesn't track anymore at all. the only time you'll really get an opp to block it is once you have them trained to expect the LI A_K mixup. imo the best option going into LI at advantage on guard is LI K because of the adv it gives on block and the potential combo it gives if the opp gets hit by it.

you have to be really careful with LI B, because it doesn't track anymore at all. the only time you'll really get an opp to block it is once you have them trained to expect the LI A_K mixup. imo the best option going into LI at advantage on guard is LI K because of the adv it gives on block and the potential combo it gives if the opp gets hit by it.

Your post got a bit confusing in the last part. You say the best option to go into LI is through LI K??! or did you mean that the best option when you are IN LI is LI K, or did you mean 6B4G is the best option to go INTO LI, but forgot to state it :)

Then, is best for punish the CE than 6A+B due you must have 2 clean hits and, even if you have both clean, the damage is still lower than CE's damage. So, i could not practice it in deep, but i think CE is even faster than 6A+B BE as a punisher... ^^U. Could you check this?

Hi, first post here.

CE impact frame is i14. It's faster than 6A+B, which is i16. It also has more range than even the BE version of 6A+B, so in certain situations, it is better for punishing.

As far as damage goes, from what I've been reading, it seems like you haven't been doing the BE version of LI A after 6A+B BE. Here is the list of damages that I got:

CE: Minimum damage 88, maximum 101 with clean hit, costs a full bar of the Critical Gauge.
6A+B BE followed by LI A BE: Minimum damage 93, damage with only 6A+B BE clean hit is 100, damage with only LI A BE clean hit is 108, damage with both being clean hit is 116. Costs a full bar of the Critical Gauge.

So basically, the combo with 6A+B BE into LI A BE costs the same amount of bar as the CE, but averages out to more damage.

The other thing to keep in mind is that moves that can clean hit have different clean hit priorities. For example, LI A and LI A BE have a clean hit priority of A, which is the highest possible IIRC. The CE, on the other hand, has a clean hit priority of B. There is a noticeable difference in the frequency of getting a clean hit with these moves, as it took me several tries to get a clean hit on the CE, while LI A gets clean hits all the time. 6A+B has a clean hit priority of C, so it is very rare to get both clean hits in the above combo, but LI A will frequently get the clean hit, boosting the damage significantly.

That being said, having bar available for Maxi's BE attacks is pretty important, so you have to budget your meter usage accordingly. Using 6A+B BE into LI A BE does a lot of damage, but you'll get more damage if you can just hit 6A+B BE into a regular LI A two times. Having the bar available for 6A+B BE is more valuable unless you think you can end a match right there. I think the combos ending with BL K BE are a better use of that meter, especially if you are near a wall and can get a good wall splat, or if you want to ring out from far away. On the other hand, in a match where you may not get that many openings and you have trouble punishing, having the CE available is good. It's going to depend a lot on how the matchups turn out.

Back