6A+B Punishment Thread "SCV Edition"

Your post got a bit confusing in the last part. You say the best option to go into LI is through LI K??! or did you mean that the best option when you are IN LI is LI K, or did you mean 6B4G is the best option to go INTO LI, but forgot to state it :)

haha, sorry for being unclear, my bad. i meant after entering LI at advantage from a blocked move the best general option is LI K. so stuff like 6A+B BE>LI on block or 22A>LI on block, in general the best basic option is LI K, since at this point in the game's life most opps are either going to high block or attempt to interrupt, and LI K will beat both of those options (except for very fast interrupts after the 22A>LI transition). i was contrasting that to the use of LI B, which is imo extremely risky because of its slow speed and linearity.

then, the command for punishing with 6A+B is 6a+bA+B+C aA+B+C?? O__oUu i tryed a lot that command and i never got a "LI A BE"... Can anyone explain this to me? Is there any other "BE" cancel into "BE" move? (ie: BL K BE)

@BlakeAndWhite: sometimes, i did 110 of damage with CE punishing, for example, Cas... er... Pyrrha's 66B BE and i never got a damager superior than 85... ^^U. Anyway, i "found" (i couldn't check properly) that CE has better "Ring Out" possibilities than 6A+B BE LI A but, again, i just find the 6A+B BE LI A BE version, so, i'll check this in the afternoon.

then, the command for punishing with 6A+B is 6a+bA+B+C aA+B+C?

yeah, that's correct: 6A+B~A+B+K, A~A+B+K is the input. you have to do the 2nd part very quickly after the 6A+B come out or you'll automatically loop into LO. what did you end up getting instead of the LI A BE? it looks just like a normal LI A except maxi glows yellow. the only extra property is increased damage.

cuz that's what we got from tests. How did you get i12?

If it can punish Maxi's 33B then it is i12, last time i checked i couldn't, didn't do repeats though :)

The guide says i12... i duno what guide ur lookkng at but im staring at it as i write this i12 -23 on block

The guide is wrong on many stuff (as i am on my own research) as its written by humans lol. See for yourself ;p

Nothing can best the job of a community.

The guide was written by the higher ups of the community... ( Hence why I trusted it )

I was looking at the part where it explains his critical edge... So I guess it was a typo... Ive found a few typo's in the Maxi section...

Sorry for the confusion

The guide was written by the higher ups of the community... ( Hence why I trusted it )

Yes, it does. I watched the author list and they are all good. Still they did it REALLY fast. I don't know how hard they worked or since when they had the final release of the game.

Ce is indeed i14, it was listed as i12 somewhere though, but it was changed during the guide writing through patches. Anyway i think it's correctly listed as i14 on the frame data table (that's generally where the informations are the most up to date, in case we forgot to update it on the character top moves list).

Anyway, do you guys have troubles punishing mitsurugi's 3B with 6A+B ? It's very odd how sometime you can and sometime not. I first thought it was easier when very up-close but it's not. Same issue when Mitsurugi has his back on the wall.

I have a problem with punishing mitsu period. Dude is solid as hell. I think his 3B fluctuates in bs by 1 frame. No harm in trying to punish anyway, especially with the BE version

Back