8 Wayrun movie club

Juez

DragonPuncher
I figure since we have all been posting on our top 5 favorite (insert something here) why not just have a little movie club? We can all post a move that we recommend that everyone watch and discuss it. We could have like a movie a month or a week for everyone to watch and discuss or hate on. I'll start off by saying you guys should check out this movie.

OldBoy

Its a foreign film thats just awesome the story will leave you with a "what the fuck" feeling at the end of it.

this thread reminds me vaugley of the oprah book club. however

everyones first move to watch will be "Dazed & Confused"

Discussion will be held next monday. Juesce will bake and bring cookies

HRD

OldBoy

Its a foreign film thats just awesome the story will leave you with a "what the fuck" feeling at the end of it.
The fight scene in Old Boy in the small corridor, where they cut out one of the walls and showed you a 2D side-scrolled view is one of the greatest fight scenes ever.

oldboy is the only movie i've ever bought brand new on DVD. 8-) it's too bad the other movies in the trilogy aren't as fantastic.

Its a trilogy? I hadnt a clue about that. Can you tell me what the other movies are called?

Oldboy.......man that film got me good in the end. I heard rumors that a modern film of it was gonna be made? Or am I just imagining things?

Its a trilogy? I hadnt a clue about that. Can you tell me what the other movies are called?

They're not all about Oldboy. Lady Vengence was pretty weak and Sympathy For Mr Vengence was some seriously brutal and messed up stuff.

You're free to watch them all the same and tell me what you think.

Fuck the movie thread, lets just talk about Oldboy.

I'm not kidding, that movie is incredible.

I'm not against this at all as the movie was incredible, the ending left me with a "ah no...no no no aw thats fucked up..." I can't tell if I liked the ending or not but awesome movie either way.

They're not all about Oldboy. Lady Vengence was pretty weak and Sympathy For Mr Vengence was some seriously brutal and messed up stuff.

You're free to watch them all the same and tell me what you think.

Put them on my instant queue on my netflix so I'll check them out when I get a chance.

Ok so I saw "Shutter island" recently and I have to say it was pretty dam amazing

Oldboy.......man that film got me good in the end. I heard rumors that a modern film of it was gonna be made? Or am I just imagining things?

Um yeah get this: Will Smith and Spielburg were attched to star and direct respectively. Fell through due to the fact that they didn't think the male lead and female lead "dynamic" would set well with American audiences.....

Dude you just spoiled the movie with everyone.

Old Boy is one Trippy Crazy Movie. The bad Guy was fucked. He fucked around, and someone had a big mouth. But you don't torture some guy like that for 15+ yrs for having a big mouth. Crazy as Fuck...

Everyone should also watch a Clockwork Orange. They should also watch the Matrix Trilogy. oh and I am Sam. and They Live.

I've read Clockwork Orange, but never seen it. I heard they amped up the shock factor in the film?

Also, I've been meaning to watch Oldboy for ages. I hear it's like Kill Bill, which is enough reason for me to do so...

Here's a little gift from me (and Akira Kurosawa). Rashomon entered the japanese public domain a few years ago and is now freely available on the internet, you can watch it in stream here: http://www.archive.org/details/dom-24164-rashomon

It's a really incredible movie, so you should just go ahead and watch it. There are also a lot of good public domain movies on archives.org, like George Romero's Night of the Living Dead (he conveniently forgot to copyright his movie, so the original version is public domain forever). Browser around the movie section and you'll find a few gems.

Back